List Mgmt. Geelong at the 2013 AFL National Draft - live Selections Nos. 16, 36, 41

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For those of us not lucky enough to have foxtel, is there going to be a radio broadcast of some kind?
Just stay on here.

If meto is online we will have picked Dunstan or Dumont.

If Gysenn is online we will have picked Taylor or Jones.

:p

SEN1116 is the best coverage. I have foxtel and prefer to sit in my car and listen to the radio. The family just dont understand the importance of the draft.
We'll be here for support.

Haha yeah I reckon I'll be relegated to the car myself

I remember the 2006 draft and having to send the family shopping for the saturday morning. It cost me $400 that day. Every time I see Selwood play I say to myself that it was money well spent. The car at the park is the quietest option and the cheapest. Just hope I dont get arrested for loitering. Last year I remember driving off after picking Hartman saying to myself "who the f!@# is he".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not so, there is plenty of talent right down to 50 at least.
Just untapped, unheralded at present.

Exactly. Even in past 'weak' drafts Wells has said there's talent there. His record proves it. This years draft is weak for genuine ready made Talls, but even then there are quite a few likely types. A lot are considered undersized and/or skinny, or have other areas of their game they really need to work on to make it AFL level. But they obviously have their good points as well. This is where I think Wells excels at. He's not afraid of taking a punt or a risk if a guys a bit 'undersized' or 'skinny' or needs to work on one or two parts of his game. But has plenty of other things that he likes about their game. Motlop was a beanpole when he arrived at pick 38 or 39 but has turned out to be an inspired choice. Bundy and Ling were both too fat apparently and went at 40 and 38 respectively. Enright was an unknown country kid who needed a bit of polish but has turned into our arguably our greatest ever pick at 49. Of course not all of the guys we pick tonight will turn out to be good as these guys, but I'm optimistic that this draft is ripe for the picking if taken with a longer term view. We might get someone who can play almost right away at 16, but at 36 and 41 they will need some development. Besides, if we are relying on draft picks to help us right away, then I think we'll be in trouble.

I'd hope we'd consider Cavarra for the rookie list if he isn't picked up tonight.

Cavarra, Welsh and O'Sullivan are all eminently draftable, but don't rate mentions in any list so far.
Cavarra, in particular, is an amazing little player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back