GFL Geelong Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete it is an anonymous forum...we don't have to log in as ourselves.....

yeh thats right, all the spineless c**ts can log in and verbally abuse anyone the want to, cos they dont play football, they play on the internet and think they are better than everyone.

give Pete a chance, he was at my old club for ages and was the sort of player who would turn a game. he is going to be a valuable asset along with all the new players who came with him, i dont even no where St Albans is, but im sure they'll go well in 010.

yeh thats right, all the spineless can log in and verbally abuse anyone the want to, cos they dont play football, they play on the internet and think they are better than everyone.

give Pete a chance, he was at my old club for ages and was the sort of player who would turn a game. he is going to be a valuable asset along with all the new players who came with him, i dont even no where St Albans is, but im sure they'll go well in 010.

You can only hope....sainters are for real 2010....not a team that will be a laughing stock.

I've just caught the tail end of this through the GA, but is what was said here any different to what would be yelled across the boundry? I got called all sorts of things after i switched clubs, and none of it was very complimentery to my character!

I doubt very much that Pete would give a rats arse about what blokes have said on here about wat a poor decision St Albans have made, or his attitude/demeanour on the field etc... I would imagine its more to do with a certain person/persons completely unfounded and false comments.

Even if you log in under a fake name, you cant make comments like that without 100% proof to back it up and I reckn Pete's well within his rights to look at legal action.

does anyone know of any gfl teams playing praccy matches in geelong this weekend? if so where and when?

yeh thats right, all the spineless c**ts can log in and verbally abuse anyone the want to, cos they dont play football, they play on the internet and think they are better than everyone.

No point in saying you don't know where St Albans is then say they'll go well this year. You obviously have no idea about the league and its clubs.

If you did that'd just come across as someone talking shit under a "fake" name like bigbunyip14.

hahah just reading through this thread, and alot of u blokes are a joke. bag the shit out of pete then when he signs on, all wishing him the best. you all need to strap it on and stand by what u say. just a bunch of grandstand champions! any of u blokes ever played the game?

hahah just reading through this thread, and alot of u blokes are a joke. bag the shit out of pete then when he signs on, all wishing him the best. you all need to strap it on and stand by what u say. just a bunch of grandstand champions! any of u blokes ever played the game?

Until you want to put your real name up here like Peter did then you can be a grandstand champ just like the rest of us.

There will be a new local footy radio show beginning this Sunday Night from 8-9pm on 94.7 The Pulse known as The Final Siren. The show will feature regular updates from the three local Geelong leagues as well as a wrap of everything happening in the world of AFL and weekly interviews. To join the fan page of Facebook and become involved in the show visit: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fi...0554404?ref=ts

Where is the Wiseoldman now Pete Davenport is on this site running scared:D:D

You mean the nickname Pete Davenport that had it's posts removed from this thread?

Wasn't even him.

If it was he's obviously pretty thick considering it said in the paper the lawyer had advised not to respond on here.

I played GFL when I was younger before I switched codes.

It's no big deal, any mug can get a game.

Also heard worse things said on the field than was said on here.

Wel you just proved you are a deadset flog with tickets on yourself. Any mug can get a game considering you dont play the game anymore very big call. The GFL is one of the strongest country comps around and fair to say some who post on this this site still play GFL and realise how hard players work to play at the level.Stick to your new code im sure you are a brilliant Goal Defence down at Life be in It

Wel you just proved you are a deadset flog with tickets on yourself. Any mug can get a game considering you dont play the game anymore very big call. The GFL is one of the strongest country comps around and fair to say some who post on this this site still play GFL and realise how hard players work to play at the level.Stick to your new code im sure you are a brilliant Goal Defence down at Life be in It

That's hilarious.

I switched codes BECAUSE, if you want to find "flogs with tickets on themselves" go to a local GFL football club and you'll find stack of them there.

Posers.

Best thing I ever did was quit Aussie Rules to go back and play Gaelic Football.

Went to Australasian championships 6 years running and played against better footballers than are in the GFL that's for ****ing sure.

Why play for a suburb when you can play for ya state.

What have you done little boy to make you king shit?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's hilarious.

I switched codes BECAUSE, if you want to find "flogs with tickets on themselves" go to a local GFL football club and you'll find stack of them there.

Posers.

Best thing I ever did was quit Aussie Rules to go back and play Gaelic Football.

Went to Australasian championships 6 years running and played against better footballers than are in the GFL that's for ****ing sure.

Shit Id completely forgotten about Gaelic football.. Australia's national sport:confused: Silly comment mate as id imagine playing Aussie rules for Victoria would be a tad harder than representing Victoria at Gaelic ( unless there's been a massive surge in the number of people playing gaelic footy in this country that i havnt heard of:rolleyes:)

I happen to know booby j personally and his footballing pedigry happens to be a bit higher than GFL footy at this stage of his career.

Shit Id completely forgotten about Gaelic football.. Australia's national sport:confused: Silly comment mate as id imagine playing Aussie rules for Victoria would be a tad harder than representing Victoria at Gaelic ( unless there's been a massive surge in the number of people playing gaelic footy in this country that i havnt heard of:rolleyes:)

I happen to know booby j personally and his footballing pedigry happens to be a bit higher than GFL footy at this stage of his career.

Yeah, well I wans't born in Australia :thumbsu:

And you'd be wrong to assume that.

When I got into my first Vic squad(all thsoe years ago) Jim Stynes and Shaun Whyte were in it.

Not everyone can say they played football with a brownlow medalist. :thumbsu:

I played against quite a few players who were All Ireland county players back in Ireland.

There's alot of high class Gaelic footballers out here who play in our league when backpacking/working holidays.

That equates to the same standard as those Irish who come out each time and play in the composite rules series and that's a much higher standard than GFL.

It's dropped off a bit now standard wise but back then it was of a very world class standard.

And what he forgot to think about before he shot his mouth off was that playing GFL also takes in reserves and u/18.

So I stand by what I said that anyone can get a game.

And if you'd seen West Saints training at blue west oval last night you'd probably agree with me ;)

Yeah, well I wans't born in Australia :thumbsu:

And you'd be wrong to assume that.

When I got into my first Vic squad(all thsoe years ago) Jim Stynes and Shaun Whyte were in it.

Not everyone can say they played football with a brownlow medalist. :thumbsu:

I played against quite a few players who were All Ireland county players back in Ireland.

There's alot of high class Gaelic footballers out here who play in our league when backpacking/working holidays.

That equates to the same standard as those Irish who come out each time and play in the composite rules series and that's a much higher standard than GFL.

It's dropped off a bit now standard wise but back then it was of a very world class standard.

And what he forgot to think about before he shot his mouth off was that playing GFL also takes in reserves and u/18.

So I stand by what I said that anyone can get a game.

And if you'd seen West Saints training at blue west oval last night you'd probably agree with me ;)

Im not bagging Gaelic here coz i quite enjoy watching the game but im not sure how you can say a composite rules league is a better standard then GFL considering there 2 different games. Id like to see the game played in a way that wasnt as biased to the gaelic side of the game eg- use a footy instead of a gaelic ball or play on an oval instead of a pitch. I know who id have my money on:footy:

Im not bagging Gaelic here coz i quite enjoy watching the game but im not sure how you can say a composite rules league is a better standard then GFL considering there 2 different games. Id like to see the game played in a way that wasnt as biased to the gaelic side of the game eg- use a footy instead of a gaelic ball or play on an oval instead of a pitch. I know who id have my money on:footy:

It wasn't a composite rules league.

And I wasnt comparing the leagues as a head to head comparison.

I was trying to get across that the top line players in the Gaelic league were of a much higher standard footballer than the the top line players in the GFL.

To equate their talents it would be like a Jimmy Bartel or Buddy Franklin running around in the GFL.

I've played both codes and I found it easier to pick up AFL than my friends who tried their hand at gaelic football.

Gaelic football from a skill set perspective is a harder game to become capable at.

The popular misconception with the composite games is that its more like Gaelic, it's not. It's more like Aussie rules with a round ball.

The two most difficult skills in Gaelic have been removed.

Still each year we play a composite game agaisnt a local melb aussie rules club and its alot of fun to play.

That's hilarious.

Posers.

Now you have made a complete fool of yourself well done your a suburban gaelic footballer that got into an a representive team. Im not on here to tell everyone how im to good for the comp cause im tipping you come back and play GFL you would get your pants pulled down. Then again i guess you could rock up to training in your Aussie tracksuit and train in your rep jumper and tell everyone how good you are and the player standing next to you aint worth carrying your bag you big superstar you.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

hahah u are a dead set flog if u need to get on here and try and drop "ive played vic" ra ra ra if u were anygood u wouldnt need to advertise ur credentials, clearly just a bitter ex player that im guessing couldnt crack the 1s so decided to switch codes. your truely GFL fan:thumbsu:

Now you have made a complete fool of yourself well done your a suburban gaelic footballer that got into an a representive team. Im not on here to tell everyone how im to good for the comp cause im tipping you come back and play GFL you would get your pants pulled down. Then again i guess you could rock up to training in your Aussie tracksuit and train in your rep jumper and tell everyone how good you are and the player standing next to you aint worth carrying your bag you big superstar you.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Sorry but your inability to understand the point being made makes you look like the fool.

Let me put it simply for you then.

In the scheme of sports in Australia a local football league i.e the GFL isn't all that.

Great Victorian local league, but let's not paint it as anything more than that by saying you have to be a star AFL footballer to get a game, especially in the lower table teams.

There's no sycophants at my club, I bet there's more than a few at yours.

hahah u are a dead set flog if u need to get on here and try and drop "ive played vic" ra ra ra if u were anygood u wouldnt need to advertise ur credentials, clearly just a bitter ex player that im guessing couldnt crack the 1s so decided to switch codes. your truely GFL fan:thumbsu:

At least I have credentials.

Going by the way you type to express yourself you'd be lucky to have a grade 4 english certificate :thumbsu:

I was trying to get across that the top line players in the Gaelic league were of a much higher standard footballer than the the top line players in the GFL.

To equate their talents it would be like a Jimmy Bartel or Buddy Franklin running around in the GFL.

Mate i never write on this site but i have to reply to your dribble! You say that your leaugue has players that compare to a brownlow winner and a coleman winner??? haha you have to be kidding don't you.

Who do you have playing in this league? Last time i checked Tadhg Kennely was playing for Sydney not running around in a geelong Gaelic league. Im not sure your as good as you think you are pal.

Mate i never write on this site but i have to reply to your dribble! You say that your leaugue has players that compare to a brownlow winner and a coleman winner??? haha you have to be kidding don't you.

Who do you have playing in this league? Last time i checked Tadhg Kennely was playing for Sydney not running around in a geelong Gaelic league. Im not sure your as good as you think you are pal.

Another without the ability to read.

I said it USED to.

Back before the AFL clubs banned their Irish players from playing in the Victorian state league.

Which meant Jim Stynes, yes the brownlow medal winning one, actually played in that state league.

What part of that don't you understand?

You sure aren't as smart as you think you are pal.

Sorry but your inability to understand the point being made makes you look like the fool.

Let me put it simply for you then.

In the scheme of sports in Australia a local football league i.e the GFL isn't all that.

Great Victorian local league, but let's not paint it as anything more than that by saying you have to be a star AFL footballer to get a game, especially in the lower table teams.

There's no sycophants at my club, I bet there's more than a few at yours.

At least I have credentials.

Going by the way you type to express yourself you'd be lucky to have a grade 4 english certificate :thumbsu:

Have a look at the dribble this fool has posted on here great victorian league before that its no big deal any mug can get a game. Then pops up and makes examples of another posters english. From now on how about you the ex GFL superstar and now our great Australian rep in the very well followed and paticipated sport you now play go and tell your missus your thoughts cause everyone on here thinks your a tool

Davenport must be doing something right, cos they beat redan today. Not a bad start to a new club, by getting a win against the premiers from the Ballarat Football League last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back