Geelong players who barracked for the Cats?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheshire Cat

Cancelled
May 31, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, Red Sox, Celtics
Just out of interest

I know there's

Gaz
Selwood
Bartel??
Scarlett
Blake
Hawkins
Ling

Any others?

I seem to remember when he was drafted, Jimmy said he was a Richmond supporter. :eek:

This is strange. A boy from Geelong barracking for the side we have consistently thrashed for the last 25 years.

Thought Scarlo would be a Cat given the f/s link

This is strange. A boy from Geelong barracking for the side we have consistently thrashed for the last 25 years.

Thought Scarlo would be a Cat given the f/s link

Scarlett was definitely Essendon - was a big article on him a few years ago, mentioned that his favourite player was... Bomber Thompson (surprise surprise). Ottens supposedly barracked for Geelong growing up.

Scarlett was definitely Essendon - was a big article on him a few years ago, mentioned that his favourite player was... Bomber Thompson (surprise surprise). Ottens supposedly barracked for Geelong growing up.

According to the footy cards you can collect from the Herald-Sun, his sporting hero was Ablett senior.

steve johnson was a big collingwood fan apparantely. thats about all i can contribute :(

does anyone know if the likes of hodge, j.brown, dangerfield, j.lewis, lucas (geelong boys) even cousins (old man past player) were cats fans?
growing up in/playing junior footy in the area i would've thought these boys would've been cheering the cats down at kp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scarlett was definitely Essendon - was a big article on him a few years ago, mentioned that his favourite player was... Bomber Thompson (surprise surprise).

I remember him saying that he had a poster of Matthew Lloyd on his bedroom wall the year he got drafted to Geelong. Which was ironic cause he ended up playing on Lloyd in his first two senior games.

steve johnson was a big collingwood fan apparantely. thats about all i can contribute :(

does anyone know if the likes of hodge, j.brown, dangerfield, j.lewis, lucas (geelong boys) even cousins (old man past player) were cats fans?
growing up in/playing junior footy in the area i would've thought these boys would've been cheering the cats down at kp

Cousins definitely was.

Also Max Rooke

Cousins for sure was a CAT FAN and was keen to play with us pre WC, but was f/s for both teams. Bartel and Scarlett strangely did NOT follow Geelong. Nathan Bock I know followed Geelong as a kid-he told us as much. Pretty sure Brent Harvey did also.

Dean Solomon was a Cats fan. Had his old poster of Gaz Snr on my wall for years.

Still has a soft spot for the Cats and thinks we'll take the flag this year.

haha that's right, and wasn't he just a zac dawsonesque player then. (circa hawthorn)

His first game wasn't that bad. Lloyd kicked 3 in the first quarter on Cameron Roberts and then only kicked another 3 more on Scarlett for the rest of match 2 of which were in junk time in the last quarter after we had set up a surprising lead.

Hunt was Geelong

Rooke was a Geelong fan but apparently Jim Krakouer was his hero.

Bartel was a Richmond fan, he siad in an interview although he did go to Geelong games

Nathan Ablett was a geelong and richmond fan

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong players who barracked for the Cats?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back