Geelong rorting the system

Remove this Banner Ad

The beautiful thing is that we wouldn't be close to maxed out on the salary cap. Compare our list to teams like Brisbane or Carlton and we would have a tonne of room.

I can't wait for the tears to really hit when target Reid, Butters and Cadman in the next few years.
You won’t get Butters as he is about to rs-sign with Port.

cope harder
Whose coping? You beat us fair and square in 2011, extremely courageous victory when you were even more injured than we were.

2006-2010 its a different story. The whole crew was there. Mark "garage full of drugs, but none of them were mine" Thompson, Dank, The Weapon, the chemist. The club melted down, Ablett walked, Thompson retired.

Whats your version of events, they were all clean, nek minit James Hird mind controlled them? Talk about cope.

Whose coping? You beat us fair and square in 2011, extremely courageous victory when you were even more injured than we were.

2006-2010 its a different story. The whole crew was there. Mark "garage full of drugs, but none of them were mine" Thompson, Dank, The Weapon, the chemist. The club melted down, Ablett walked, Thompson retired.

Whats your version of events, they were all clean, nek minit James Hird mind controlled them? Talk about cope.
He asks who's coping and then drops his biggest cope yet. Well done

Im sure nothing bad would have happened with Dank, Robinson and Thompson all connected with the Cats at the same time. Players gains in that period would have been down to the healthy living down in Geelong and lots of time on the farm and surfing. Those probably all just went a bit off rails later on when they got to windy hill

"Five guys walk into a club and get caught organising the biggest rug cheating scheme ever admitted, but moments before they were angels"

Is that really your story?
Nah it's your story because it's the only way you can cope with how good Geelong was in that period. It's like now the story is we're good because we rort the cap. So many cooked campaigners on BF lol

Nah it's your story because it's the only way you can cope with how good Geelong was in that period. It's like now the story is we're good because we rort the cap. So many cooked campaigners on BF lol
I'm in the "Scott is Geelongs best coach ever" camp. I'm also in the "Scott I'd the best current coach" camp.

Try again. Got an explanation for Bomber and his Dank Crew offending at Esendon and not at Geelong? Was Frank Costa some sort of moral policeman?

Well no, Dank wasn’t there. He was working primarily in rugby league - specifically Manly and later Cronulla, and independently, and as you’ve already been shown, the sole link between the club and he in any capacity, was the purchase of one supplement from a company that he didn’t even work for but that he had been associated with. A legal supplement.

Do you think that every person who has ever taken drugs has always been a drug addict?

Do you think that Kurt Cobain was on heroin when he was playing the recorder in his elementary school band?

I'm in the "Scott is Geelongs best coach ever" camp. I'm also in the "Scott I'd the best current coach" camp.

Try again. Got an explanation for Bomber and his Dank Crew offending at Esendon and not at Geelong? Was Frank Costa some sort of moral policeman?
Got any proof that they did anything against the rules? The AFL investigated and found nothing but I suppose you must know more

So hang on - you’re blaming the Essendon drug regime on their director of football or whatever Thompson was when he went there.

But at Geelong you’re saying the coach is the one moving those chess pieces?

Got any proof that they did anything against the rules? The AFL investigated and found nothing but I suppose you must know more

No no, the AFL is willing to take down one of its richest and most powerful clubs and sit them out of a competition but won’t touch a middle of the road one who doesn’t impact on their bottom line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet the AFL and ASADA "fully and forensically" investigated Geelong and found nothing untoward. NOTHING!? No doubt you'll say the AFL can't be trusted so whatever they found is unreliable, but ASADA? Give me a break.

That's the AFL that weren't sufficiently co portable there were crimes at Essendon until WADA came over the top. The AFL that hit straight on the phone to Essendon the moment they heard ASADA got involved. That AFL.

Zero positive tests at Essendon, they got caught because of sloppy paperwork. I wonder what a club that wasn't sloppy could get away with...

So hang on - you’re blaming the Essendon drug regime on their director of football or whatever Thompson was when he went there.

But at Geelong you’re saying the coach is the one moving those chess pieces?
No.

We have a crew doing crimes together at Essendon.

They were all at Geelong before that.

What's the story they were not doing crimes together, but something in the Windy Hill water turned them all cooked at the exact same time?

That's the AFL that weren't sufficiently co portable there were crimes at Essendon until WADA came over the top. The AFL that hit straight on the phone to Essendon the moment they heard ASADA got involved. That AFL.

Zero positive tests at Essendon, they got caught because of sloppy paperwork. I wonder what a club that wasn't sloppy could get away with...

No.

We have a crew doing crimes together at Essendon.

They were all at Geelong before that.

What's the story they were not doing crimes together, but something in the Windy Hill water turned them all cooked at the exact same time?

Well no, as you’ve been shown, they weren’t.

James Hird wasn’t at Geelong, and Stephen Dank wasn’t at Geelong.

A figure in the world of exercise science was linked to a sports science company who supplied a legal science product to a sports team. Huge if true.

That must mean he was pulling the strings at the club. Hell he was probably doing our recruiting.

Well no, as you’ve been shown, they weren’t.

James Hird wasn’t at Geelong, and Stephen Dank wasn’t at Geelong.

A figure in the world of exercise science was linked to a sports science company who supplied a legal science product to a sports team. Huge if true.

That must mean he was pulling the strings at the club. Hell he was probably doing our recruiting.

Dank was supplying legal substances to Geelong in 2009, although this was hushed up. He was also part of a group that supplied illegal substances to Essendon. This was an injected substance, although players declared "no one got injections".

The story changed over time as facts emerged. I think it stinks, as does the way Bomber's part at Essendon was minimized. Hird took the fall, he was a nitwit not a crime lord. Dank's role was maximised.

Bomber subsequently got caught with a garage stuffed with drugs supplied by "someone from Geelong he didn't know", and somehow that story was accepted. Once again his role was downplayed and others were blamed.

Any was all this is in the past and is a distraction from this thread. I agree with OP that the current side is exemplary in their management and tactics. I think jealousy is probably part of the reason some supporters have a crack at Geelong, my mob have been trying to copy the best bits from Geelong and Richmond.

Dank was supplying legal substances to Geelong in 2009, although this was hushed up. He was also part of a group that supplied illegal substances to Essendon. This was an injected substance, although players declared "no one got injections".

The story changed over time as facts emerged. I think it stinks, as does the way Bomber's part at Essendon was minimized. Hird took the fall, he was a nitwit not a crime lord. Dank's role was maximised.

Bomber subsequently got caught with a garage stuffed with drugs supplied by "someone from Geelong he didn't know", and somehow that story was accepted. Once again his role was downplayed and others were blamed.

Any was all this is in the past and is a distraction from this thread. I agree with OP that the current side is exemplary in their management and tactics. I think jealousy is probably part of the reason some supporters have a crack at Geelong, my mob have been trying to copy the best bits from Geelong and Richmond.

No, a company who had ties to Stephen Dank supplied one supplement to Geelong.

Dressing mutton up as lamb and serving it to people is still serving people mutton no matter how you want to paint it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong rorting the system

Remove this Banner Ad

Back