Geelong rorting the system

Remove this Banner Ad

robinson admitted he was working with dank the whole time he was at geelong. the only official dealing geelong admitted to direct with dank was sourcing activegan which although not banned at the time was a very dodgy substance associated with masking epo use which lance armstong and the like were also balls deep into. you guys can bury your heads in the sand and point to afl ticking it all off and asada not being able to find anything 2 years later after the essendon thing blew the whole gig up but it will always stink given the rise to success the cats had coincided with the bomber, robinson, dank connection and also very marked changes in the athletic profile of a number of players over that time

‘Seeking advice’ = working with now.

😂😂😂

Chris Scott’s chats with his brother mean Geelong are working with Essendon to this day now.

You responded to an OP and somewhat took the high moral ground. I merely pointed out to you that Geelong hasn't been immune from off field player indiscretions when it comes to driving offences (nor have a lot of other clubs)

Not having a go - I think you are one of the more rational and common sense posters on here (especially on the cricket boards)

And FWIW I admired Geelong's response to Stengle's incident; how your club and players backed him in - & compare that to what our players and coach did to Rachele by throwing him under the bus.

Which was disgraceful....
Maybe go back to the beginning. I don’t think he took the moral high ground at all. The first suggestion was Geelong are more relaxed to off field drinking indiscretions than Adelaide. That to me is taking moral high ground.

Hence it was simply pointed out that Worrell still got a game after his drink driving incident. I will now also point out the fact Tyson himself played half a season after being unregistered, drunk and crashing a car at the Cows, so that poster who suggested Cows take more of a hardline stance on these issues is probably exhibiting a short-term memory.

The fact is they are all footy clubs, all trying to win and have on-field obligations, PR obligations, player welfare obligations, etc. in various orders and the general punishments and attitude towards these indiscretions that happen at every club tend to be the same.

Maybe go back to the beginning. I don’t think he took the moral high ground at all. The first suggestion was Geelong are more relaxed to off field drinking indiscretions than Adelaide. That to me is taking moral high ground.

Hence it was simply pointed out that Worrell still got a game after his drink driving incident. I will now also point out the fact Tyson himself played half a season after being unregistered, drunk and crashing a car at the Cows, so that poster who suggested Cows take more of a hardline stance on these issues is probably exhibiting a short-term memory.

The fact is they are all footy clubs, all trying to win and have on-field obligations, PR obligations, player welfare obligations, etc. in various orders and the general punishments and attitude towards these indiscretions that happen at every club tend to be the same.
Stand by your man...I appreciate this

The Geelong "Costa Living Allowance" where players are steered into "well priced" real estate and can't fail property development schemes.

The sea air down there does wonders for players mental well being and their retirement funds

At some point a supporter of another club will address the fact that real estate markets exist beyond the Geelong postcodes

I've heard when they go to the strippers, the stripper gives the player money.

Fancy restaurants let them pay with monopoly money.

The waves at the beach make themselves better on days they don't have to go to training.

Cars are fitted with transmitters giving them more green lights.

In church, they take from the collection plate, you'll notice the guy carrying it always looks away when he gets to a Geelong player.

Some TABs will pay them the win dividend when their horse places.

I even think the fish and chip shops slip them a few extra potato cakes in their orders.

All seems like petty stuff, but it all adds up

I've heard when they go to the strippers, the stripper gives the player money.

Fancy restaurants let them pay with monopoly money.

The waves at the beach make themselves better on days they don't have to go to training.

Cars are fitted with transmitters giving them more green lights.

In church, they take from the collection plate, you'll notice the guy carrying it always looks away when he gets to a Geelong player.

Some TABs will pay them the win dividend when their horse places.

I even think the fish and chip shops slip them a few extra potato cakes in their orders.

All seems like petty stuff, but it all adds up

Banks ask the players for loans and then repay the interest on the loan back to the player without the player ever having to give out any capital. That’s a big one doing the rounds.

I heard Rhys Stanley and Oisin Mullin also have been given a cancer cure that works like Panadol that only other Geelong players have access to, they just have to text Stanley or Mullin on their burner phones and they can get the tablets

Getting Danger and Jez was a great bonus, but I think the real advantage is being able to identify and develop players like Blicavs, Atkins, Close, Stewart, Mannagh and Humphries while also being able to look after troubled souls like Stengle.

[emoji6][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-quote="Moggy" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Getting Danger and Jez was a great bonus, but I think the real advantage is being able to identify and develop players like Blicavs, Atkins, Close, Stewart, Mannagh and Humphries while also being able to look after troubled souls like Stengle.

“Looking after troubled souls like Stengle”
What you mean like sweeping his ‘serious error of judgement’ under a rug never to be mentioned again?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

“Looking after troubled souls like Stengle”
What you mean like sweeping his ‘serious error of judgement’ under a rug never to be mentioned again?

You know about the Stengle thing right? Calling that “sweeping under the rug” is just stupid.

You should see some of the shit genuinely swept under the rug though. It’s pretty great how we can control the narrative.

[emoji6][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji6]" data-quote="Ricky Vaughn" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
You know about the Stengle thing right? Calling that “sweeping under the rug” is just stupid.

You should see some of the shit genuinely swept under the rug though. It’s pretty great how we can control the narrative.

Do tell

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong rorting the system

Remove this Banner Ad

Back