Geelong rorting the system

Remove this Banner Ad

lol, the Lions have - or have had, I’m not sure if it still exists, their own coaches sponsor arrangement with Youi which you can bet your bottom dollar would have some nice perks and Fagan himself works for several motivational speaking groups (Scott works for one as well) which would all be written into their coaching terms as a way for them to earn extra money while they work.

But yeah this is why we keep making finals
Guess these kind of deals only become problematic when it is Geelong doing it

alex jones sudden realization GIF

Crooked Chris can't keep getting away with this.

Guess these kind of deals only become problematic when it is Geelong doing it

Very clear from that article that it's just a sponsorship arrangement. Not a BS role setup for him within their company.

Very clear from that article that it's just a sponsorship arrangement. Not a BS role setup for him within their company.

You don’t realise they’re essentially exactly the same thing? A company paying someone - or persons plural - to be an ambassador or billboard for their company via a sponsorship or in one case, a token role?

You don’t realise they’re essentially exactly the same thing? A company paying someone - or persons plural - to be an ambassador or billboard for their company via a sponsorship or in one case, a token role?
What's Fagan's role at Youi? Article only mentions that they're now sponsors of the coaches and in exchange for their money they get their logo on their apparel and coaches boxes.

Still not sure what Elixuh is implying. Nowhere is it stated a coach cannot earn income from other sources. Hell, all 18 Clubs are now allowed to pay 20% of the coaches salaries outside the soft cap.

Did we hear Elixuh lauding Scott for taking a massive pay cut during Covid so others within the club could keep their jobs? Of course not.

And what about Ross Lyon appearing on an Uber Food advertisement? Didn't see any post from you on that. Or Scott and other coaches appearing on Fox Footy on a regular basis as panel members?

I

I'm sensing a level of concern in the tone of these Geelong supporter's posts.

I think we're onto something here. We need to follow the money.

Last edited:
Geelong, based on the evidence, don't rort the system. They use the system.

Deliberate tanking is rorting the system. Geelong don't play to lose.

Undeclared payments is rorting the system. Geelong manage their cap.

Drug programs is rorting the system. Geelong have not been found at any stage to have used PEDs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are Geelong supporters so pissy when people call them out on their clubs obvious paying outside the soft cap? I would be proud if my club had that many financial resources. Yeah we’re rich, **** you.

I'm sensing a level of concerning in the tone of these Geelong supporter's posts.

A level of concerning? What does that mean?

I'm sensing a level of concerning in the tone of these Geelong supporter's posts.

Yes, it’s us who are concerned. Not the person who has been posting incessantly across multiple threads about advantages such as playing at home and having a coach who gets paid.

Drug programs is rorting the system. Geelong have not been found at any stage to have used PEDs.
Took a long time for Lance Armstrong to be found out! :winkv1:

What's Fagan's role at Youi? Article only mentions that they're now sponsors of the coaches and in exchange for their money they get their logo on their apparel and coaches boxes.

If he’s sporting anything that shows their logo he’s an ambassador for them.

Having a formalised or informal role is the same thing: you’re promoting the people throwing money at you or your club. I bet Scott doesn’t lift a finger doing whatever he’s supposed to be doing, he’s getting paid to essentially advertise the company.

If he’s sporting anything that shows their logo he’s an ambassador for them.

Having a formalised or informal role is the same thing: you’re promoting the people throwing money at you or your club. I bet Scott doesn’t lift a finger doing whatever he’s supposed to be doing, he’s getting paid to essentially advertise the company.
Quick Google image search shows Chris Scott already has the Morris logo on his club attire. Same as Fagan. Both repping a club sponsor as part of their senior coaching role at their clubs. Both already ambassadors for those sponsors by your own definition.

1729646205614.png

This new "Chief of Leadership and Performance" role he's been given is on top of that. And I haven't seen anything to suggest that it's only for show. The opposite in fact, with quotes from this 7news article suggesting it is an actual role with responsibilities where he will be making contributions - even if he'll still be primarily the senior coach of Geelong for at least the remainder of his current contract.

Given the quote in the image it's surprising that he'd take on an additional role - C-suite no less! - given the stressful existence of being coach.

Quick Google image search shows Chris Scott already has the Morris logo on his club attire. Same as Fagan. Both repping a club sponsor as part of their senior coaching role at their clubs. Both already ambassadors for those sponsors by your own definition.

View attachment 2150183

This new "Chief of Leadership and Performance" role he's been given is on top of that. And I haven't seen anything to suggest that it's only for show. The opposite in fact, with quotes from this 7news article suggesting it is an actual role with responsibilities where he will be making contributions - even if he'll still be primarily the senior coach of Geelong for at least the remainder of his current contract.

Given the quote in the image it's surprising that he'd take on an additional role - C-suite no less! - given the stressful existence of being coach.

Well if he’s actually doing something doesn’t that make it easier to digest?
I personally would have assumed he’d literally turn up and speak for 15 minutes at 1-2 corporate events and that would be it

Dank and Robinson were completely above board and transparent during their years at Geelong. The incredible list wide bulk up over the pre-season in 2007 was due to eating veggies and doing weights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong rorting the system

Remove this Banner Ad

Back