Geelong rorting the system

Remove this Banner Ad

Still waiting for you tell us what's "happening again"? What is happening again? Why have you avoided answering that question?
I think you're quoting the wrong person. I haven't used the phrase "happening again" before in this thread. I don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Disappointing, what do I have to do to get to no.1?

Lol having a go at someone like Toffee for having an opinion on an internet forum is low. I don't have time to go back through your 107,000 posts to see if you've ever been critical of anything the Cats have ever done and shared an opinion.
Not having a go at all.

As for you, try some in depth analysis.
Lame trolling isn't for you.

Bumping a thread already filled with so much erroneous shit with more falsehoods is hardly worth the effort.

That's an incredible personal post in response to a tongue in-cheek comment that targeted nobody, apologies if I upset you.

I'm not sure if I ever melted about the Lions falling apart though, I've been openly critical of Fagan (Proved me wrong) but that's it. Everton's ineptitude is spot on though, feel free to stay sympatheic in that department, a flag in the AFL doesn't wash away the blue stain.
More so that for someone whose sporting journey of late seemed so grim and brought little enjoyment to win a flag and now revel in the misery of others seems a sharp about face.
Elixuh is an excellent contributor on this site though.
Maybe talking all things BL. Not here however.

I think you're quoting the wrong person. I haven't used the phrase "happening again" before in this thread. I don't have a clue what you're talking about.
Apologies. You're right

No, it would be actual rorting if he was paid via sponsors instead of the club. Those payments wouldn't come under the soft cap and hence why someone working for free or a pay cut while getting side deals should be looked at with a fine tooth comb.

Geelong have been doing it so successfully for so long I think they can't even be bothered trying to hide it anymore. The AFL seem to be asleep at the wheel and no one gets busted for any breeches, at least publicly. I did wonder if something happened at Carlton this year the way they public shed best 22 players early like a Collingwood fire sale.
Where is the proof? Other than being a consistent finalist, what has Geelong been doing for so long?

You wonder why Cats supporters get pissed off, with posters like you coming up with completely baseless unsubstantiated bullshit allegations. I reckon you don't even know what you think Geelong has been doing...

Haters going to hate
It’s not about haters, sport or any competition only works within clearly defined rules, as to make that competition fair and competitive. This is such an obvious breach and probably is cheating. How much were cotton on paying Tom Hawkins wife😂? How did a major sponsor poach a star from another club. Nothing Geelong ‘achieves’ means anything. They have no respect or admiration from the football public that can see this happening.

Nothing to see here, Chris Scott just prepping for a career change

It’s not about haters, sport or any competition only works within clearly defined rules, as to make that competition fair and competitive. This is such an obvious breach and probably is cheating. How much were cotton on paying Tom Hawkins wife😂? How did a major sponsor poach a star from another club. Nothing Geelong ‘achieves’ means anything. They have no respect or admiration from the football public that can see this happening.
What is the obvious breach?
What is the cheating?
How did Cotton On poach Smith?
Why did WB let him have an association with Cotton On if he was at risk of being poached?

Have WB been derelict in their responsibility to its players? Why did they treat Smith like shit after he did his ACL. He was ostracised. Why did they marginalise the likes of Caleb Daniels and Jack McCrae, and then cry foul when they wanted out?
Why do WB supporters even care about Smith. From posts I have read he wasn't liked,so we've done the club a favour

Jealousy is a curse.

I think Scott's their best ever coach. He's getting great returns from a not very expensive list. Players like good coaches, they like winning. Are they getting a stream of cheap superstars? Pretty sure they paid full price for Danger and Cameron, both of whom would have been well paid when younger and wanted a shot at team success. Cotton On may be playing cute, if so they'll get caught like Carlton did with the printing company rort.

Once a rumour is up and running its truth for some. "No smoke without fire" yeah nah could just be you need an oil change, or someone has lit up a Rothman's.
Think he did a great job with the list we had this year. Nearly pinched a flag.

here is the official heirarchy of AFL have's to have-not's, if you're ever wondering why this happened to this club but not that, if you're ever wondering why X got suspended but Y got off, anything and everything, consult the table

Geelong
Melbourne
Collingwood
West Coast
Sydney
Brisbane
Richmond
Hawthorn
Carlton
Bulldogs
Gold Coast
West Sydney
Essendon
North Melbourne
Fremantle
St. Kilda
Adelaide
Port Adelaide

the thought of random middle aged blokes out there just banging away at their keyboards, tears streaming down their face, ranting to their poor wives about how corrupt the AFL is and that Geelong are getting away with murder just warms my heart

If he's actually contributing and getting renumerated in line with what any other suitably qualified person would be getting without this existing link and without any other form of kickbacks then sure, fair play. But by his own admission senior coaching is a stressful existence. If people are being honest with themselves then his contributions are probably going to be very limited and more in line with what you've suggested.
I'll be straight up: this Chris Scott/Morris Finance job should not be happening.

No new financial arrangements should ever be signed between a club sponsor and someone who is paid under a salary cap, ever. It's just too open to a rort - even if the job is actually legitimate, it's still a benefit that no doubt comes through the association with the club, and more likely it's just here's $250k for a couple of talks and showing up at a dinner and drinks.

I'm really disappointed in my club. Given the raised eyebrows over Bailey Smith and Cotton On, it's a really bad look.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

here is the official heirarchy of AFL have's to have-not's, if you're ever wondering why this happened to this club but not that, if you're ever wondering why X got suspended but Y got off, anything and everything, consult the table

Geelong
Melbourne
Collingwood
West Coast
Sydney
Brisbane
Richmond
Hawthorn
Carlton
Bulldogs
Gold Coast
West Sydney
Essendon
North Melbourne
Fremantle
St. Kilda
Adelaide
Port Adelaide

The AFL ignored Essendon"s doping programme which was the largest known scheme in world team sports.

The AFL deliberately tanked their case against Cripps so he could win the Brownlow.

How do you have these teams so low down the list ?
They are both easily top 5.

Or do you have examples of the benefits going to the teams above them ?

I'll be straight up: this Chris Scott/Morris Finance job should not be happening.

No new financial arrangements should ever be signed between a club sponsor and someone who is paid under a salary cap, ever. It's just too open to a rort - even if the job is actually legitimate, it's still a benefit that no doubt comes through the association with the club, and more likely it's just here's $250k for a couple of talks and showing up at a dinner and drinks.

I'm really disappointed in my club. Given the raised eyebrows over Bailey Smith and Cotton On, it's a really bad look.

Pretty sure it happened because there was no noise from the AFL over Smith and Cotton On. They figure they can do whatever they want.

Hopefully all clubs now do this with all their coaches and all their players. Because its all okay.

Geelong
Melbourne
Collingwood
West Coast
Sydney
Brisbane
Richmond
Hawthorn
Carlton
Bulldogs
Gold Coast
West Sydney
Essendon
North Melbourne
Fremantle
St. Kilda
Adelaide
Port Adelaide
So your conclusion is that Port is the most disadvantaged club from the AFL powers that be?

Odd then that yearly finals appearances flying in the face of what the AFL really wants for the Power sees most fans scream for Koch and Hinkley to be sacked. Sounds like they should get bronze statues for rising up in spite of the AFL's hatred!

Geelong
Melbourne
Collingwood
West Coast
Sydney
Brisbane
Richmond
Hawthorn
Carlton
Bulldogs
Gold Coast
West Sydney
Essendon
North Melbourne
Fremantle
St. Kilda
Adelaide
Port Adelaide
West Coast should be anchored to the bottom mate, not near the top, lmao.

Why did WB let him have an association with Cotton On if he was at risk of being poached?
Obviously would have been done on good faith, Cotton on even make our AFLW jumpers. But that good faith was shat on. As a talented, but extremely immature lad was manipulated. Bulldog fans hate Smith as much as any club hates to lose players, but generally appalled by Geelong and how they operate.

Obviously would have been done on good faith, Cotton on even make our AFLW jumpers. But that good faith was shat on. As a talented, but extremely immature lad was manipulated. Bulldog fans hate Smith as much as any club hates to lose players, but generally appalled by Geelong and how they operate.
Do you know for a fact Cotton On was behind the move or are you surmising?

If WB didn't engage in the exact same behaviour I'd be sympathetic, but they do. All clubs do. By 'behaviour' I mean courting players coming out of contract.

Tend to lean the same way. I can’t see that it would be a legitimate position for the time being, he wouldn’t have the time for it.

I don’t have an issue with the Cotton On stuff. Third party deals and so forth are part of professional sport. He had that deal for ages with them, who cares. I’m not going to feel bad about my club getting told week in week out how poor its roster is and how it has the worst midfield in the competition and then sign a guy who’s never finished in the top 7 in his club’s best and fairest and worry that we’re cheating to do it.

And I don’t think we have had to ‘cheat’ to keep Chris Scott in as a coach (and again half the league supporter base seems to not even think he’s that good a coach so why would they care…) but this just looks unnecessary. It’s not hard to roll him out at a function and thank him for being there if you want to use him to promote your brand.

Chris Scott just interviewed on Ch 7. Turns out his new position is not a soft cap rort. The deal was ticked off by the AFL before Scott committed.

Do you know for a fact Cotton On was behind the move or are you surmising?

If WB didn't engage in the exact same behaviour I'd be sympathetic, but they do. All clubs do. By 'behaviour' I mean courting players coming out of contract.
100% Cotton On were. Obviously the list manager had to approve. But why wouldn’t you wait until free agency? At least both clubs get rightfully paid and that is the fair length of time (6years) for club and player.
Cotton On were paying Tom Hawkins wife, surely this is a major conflict of interest?

100% Cotton On were. Obviously the list manager had to approve. But why wouldn’t you wait until free agency? At least both clubs get rightfully paid and that is the fair length of time (6years) for club and player.
Cotton On were paying Tom Hawkins wife, surely this is a major conflict of interest?
I Googled Emma Hawkins and yes, she is a brand ambassador for a Cotton On brand.

If it is in the public domain I get the AFL was aware, unless of course you know otherwise? You seem to be the oracle of facts

The AFL ignored Essendon"s doping programme which was the largest known scheme in world team sports.

The AFL deliberately tanked their case against Cripps so he could win the Brownlow.

How do you have these teams so low down the list ?
They are both easily top 5.

Or do you have examples of the benefits going to the teams above them ?
You're saying this like the AFL tribunal is a well oiled machine and deliberately made a error in judgement knowing that on appeal the decision would be reversed.

The same tribunal that let's a Brisbane player off because he got a good bloke discount?

The AFL tribunal has been a debacle for 20 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong rorting the system

Remove this Banner Ad

Back