Geelong rorting the system

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Scott just interviewed on Ch 7. Turns out his new position is not a soft cap rort. The deal was ticked off by the AFL before Scott committed.
Of course.

Geelong always run everything through the proper channels before they commit.

Why would you advertise somethin if you were trying to hide nefarious behaviour?

Cats are an open book.

Except for all our cheat grounds and beaches and our country region. ;)

Of course.

Geelong always run everything through the proper channels before they commit.

Why would you advertise somethin if you were trying to hide nefarious behaviour?

Cats are an open book.

Except for all our cheat grounds and beaches and our country region. ;)
The Visy Judd deal was also ticked off by the AFL. How many people thought that was fair and equitable?

I Googled Emma Hawkins and yes, she is a brand ambassador for a Cotton On brand.

If it is in the public domain I get the AFL was aware, unless of course you know otherwise? You seem to be the oracle of facts
They'd know.

The AFL has in the past politely made requests for financial statements from Dangerfield's sister-in-law and brother after she became employed by the club, even when she was employed there before Dangerfield left Adelaide, and before she married his brother. In more recent times they have monitored the dealings of his brother-in-law, and former VFL player Keras.

So they'd be across the dealings of Emma Hawkins.

And as expected today's site wide melt comes from something Geelong took to the proper channels and had ticked off by the AFL.

Too many bitter losers on this site.

Think he did a great job with the list we had this year. Nearly pinched a flag.
This is a pretty fair test.

He took a load of good older players to a gutsy flag in 2011" oh he inherited that list " yeah he inherited it minus Abletts and plus a swag of injuries. Then he kept them in finals 10/12 seasons since with good and less good lists.

I find the bloke unlovable but he can definitely coach.

He builds team spirit well, there's no Clarry/Petracca stouches.

He develops players well, a lot get better when they go ro Geelong but less improve when they leave.

Hes tactically smart. We have a decent record vs Geelong but Scott always organises set plays to get off to a good start: 2011 it was Varcoe starting off half back and pinching some early goals. Recently he's done it with Tuohy, started in the wing and streaked to ff, coupla goals.

I understand there's a support staff and assistants but he's the constant and he's built a consistently good side.

100% Cotton On were. Obviously the list manager had to approve. But why wouldn’t you wait until free agency? At least both clubs get rightfully paid and that is the fair length of time (6years) for club and player.
Cotton On were paying Tom Hawkins wife, surely this is a major conflict of interest?

Bevo is a “brand ambassador” for one of the bulldogs sponsors. What a scandal!

I have to say I’m surprised at the level of outrage coming from doggies supporters. Previously had seemed a fairly level headed bunch. Seem to have lost the plot in recent days.

here is the official heirarchy of AFL have's to have-not's, if you're ever wondering why this happened to this club but not that, if you're ever wondering why X got suspended but Y got off, anything and everything, consult the table

Geelong
Melbourne
Collingwood
West Coast
Sydney
Brisbane
Richmond
Hawthorn
Carlton
Bulldogs
Gold Coast
West Sydney
Essendon
North Melbourne
Fremantle
St. Kilda
Adelaide
Port Adelaide

You have got the correct team on top.

But you have the team who has finished last on the free kick differential 3 times more often that the other 17 clubs put together over the last 8 years, as the 7th most favoured club.

I think more and more people are being aware of geelong crook ways.

Keep blasting that geelong are the only vic club with their own home ground is effective messaging.

The tide is turning for sanctions on the cats

Everything else aside… I don’t buy into the Geelong conspiracies… but I think it’s pretty bloody obvious that his pay for this should be included in the cap.

I mean seriously… working for a club sponsor? It’s obviously all related. He wouldn’t have the role if he wasn’t coach of Geelong.

Same goes for Tom Hawkins’ wife being paid by Cotton On.

Anything being paid by the club goes into the cap… and obviously anything being paid by club sponsors should, too.

Would be a pretty simple rule and if it’s not the case here, it’s a joke. It’s the AFL’s fault, not Geelong’s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Scott just interviewed on Ch 7. Turns out his new position is not a soft cap rort. The deal was ticked off by the AFL before Scott committed.
If you actually listen to the report it says nothing about how it's not impacting the soft cap - just that the AFL apparently "ticked it off."

I get it. There’s a lot of people sick of Geelong’s constant contending.

If I supported another team I’d probably be sick of them too. Maybe I’d even suspect something nefarious was going on. It’s human nature.

If you really are convinced though, and you want to get your point across though, I suggest you provide something more than “feels”.

The AFL ticks off rorts all the time.

It’s not about haters, sport or any competition only works within clearly defined rules, as to make that competition fair and competitive. This is such an obvious breach and probably is cheating. How much were cotton on paying Tom Hawkins wife😂? How did a major sponsor poach a star from another club. Nothing Geelong ‘achieves’ means anything. They have no respect or admiration from the football public that can see this happening.
Poor thing you really need a hug don’t you? I doubt you squeeled this much when Judd was getting extra money from Visy

Have a lie down

More so that for someone whose sporting journey of late seemed so grim and brought little enjoyment to win a flag and now revel in the misery of others seems a sharp about face.

Maybe talking all things BL. Not here however.
I'm not sure how I'm reveling in anyones misery? I just found it funny how Elixuh can so easily stir people up.

The Cats won a flag just 2 years ago and beat us in a Prelim in doing so, after also shattering our GABBA dream in 2020. Grim viewing indeed.

Geelong are everything I'd hope the Lions can maintain to be in the near future. FWIW I don't think Geelong are rorting the system, as per the thread.

You're saying this like the AFL tribunal is a well oiled machine and deliberately made a error in judgement knowing that on appeal the decision would be reversed.

The same tribunal that let's a Brisbane player off because he got a good bloke discount?

The AFL tribunal has been a debacle for 20 years.

All those lawyers and they all forgot to talk about the charge. Im sure that happened.

Not one of them got sacked either. For something apparently grossly negligent.

It's a shame people tend to veer towards the conspiratorial rather than utilizing logic. For mine, if he gets another contract after 2026, and it's a lower value...then we can start talking about 'rorts.' As it stands though, Scott is contracted until 2026, which took place before this latest announcement...long before.

I honestly think it means that he'll be handing over to Rahilly come end of 2026 - and he's already taking steps towards his post-coaching career.

Let's revisit this if/when he gets a new contract. For now, we can't rort the soft cap because his contract is already built in for the next 2 years.

The optics aren't fantastic, but logic dictates that this is an outside venture and doesn't change the current amount being paid by Geelong...as it's already a contractual obligation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong rorting the system

Remove this Banner Ad

Back