Geelong rorting the system

Remove this Banner Ad

Needed to change my av to match the energy of all the losers in this thread.
We're clean. Deal with it.
I have a hard time believing that these posters truly believe the shit they write and lack that much critical thinking …surely they are just trolling to get a reaction

Right?

I have a hard time believing that these posters truly believe the shit they write and lack that much critical thinking …surely they are just trolling to get a reaction

Right?
Me too. They’re getting each other worked up.

Is it though?

"Geelong's recruiting boss Stephen Wells and football chief Steven Hocking haven't yet seen Harvard Yard, but the Cats hierarchy has an unusual affinity with the world's most celebrated business school. Geelong president Colin Carter completed a two-year Masters of Business Administration at Harvard. Carter encouraged Cook to take on the executive course and has coach Chris Scott signed up for the same "authentic leadership" course that Alastair Clarkson did; Geelong's heads of media and Human Resources, too, have done short, sharp Harvard courses."

Think in the end Cook, Carter, Lloyd, Hocking and Scott have completed courses at Harvard business school, and he was already doing work for Morris. This is just the formalisation of partnership already in place.

And TBH if he were to quit coaching this is the type of corporate world gig I could see him getting full time.

Lol, funny how armed with all this cutting edge knowledge the only gig Scott could get as a leadership and performance chief was with Geelong's sponsor, and he seems to have been appointed sans a competitive process.

OUR NEXT LOOPHOLE!!

Will Ferrell Comedy GIF by filmeditor
New cheat mode just dropped! Let it rain!!

Some good points an earlier poster made about Scott's contract already being completed so this is a side gig I guess that wouldn't be in breach of the cap. With that said, it's not a great look if sponsors are able to employ people whose salary makes up any type of a cap, it's too easy to be exploited.

I'm sure this gig is legitimate though and this company would have dealt with Scott for a number of years and they would want him involved in some capacity due to being experienced and a high performer, but just broadly it has the potential to affect the integrity of the competition. If it were to become commonplace and all 18 coaches had side gigs with sponsors, then you have an inequality where a coach would go to a bigger club knowing that they have higher value sponsors and thus more lucrative side deals.

I'm a little surprised Scott took it though, seems like a guy who would be aware of the optics and would expect him to rather not do it if it paints the club in any negative light.

Lol, funny how armed with all this cutting edge knowledge the only gig Scott could get as a leadership and performance chief was with Geelong's sponsor, and he seems to have been appointed sans a competitive process.
“Sans a competitive process”!? This isn’t a government appointment and Morris Finance has been “official coaches sponsor” at the Club for several years.

This fake outrage is so unlike you!

This Scott deal is no worse than Judd and Visy.

Cotton on and Bailey Smith and requesting to play for cats...was always on the cards.

Geelong do have a regional advantage.

Maybe a better way of doing it would be like Cotton on employ retired cats. e.g Selwood and Hawkins post career, but they also play for a little less under salary cap.

This Scott deal is no worse than Judd and Visy.

Cotton on and Bailey Smith and requesting to play for cats...was always on the cards.

Geelong do have a regional advantage.

Maybe a better way of doing it would be like Cotton on employ retired cats. e.g Selwood and Hawkins post career, but they also play for a little less under salary cap.
And everyone had a problem with Judd's visa deal, to the point where the afl couldn't sweep it under the rug and actually had to change 3rd party rules which stated they had to include it in the cap.
After that though, it was back to a free for all until they said no to franklin signing a 2 Mil deal with puma because they wanting him at gws...

And everyone had a problem with Judd's visa deal, to the point where the afl couldn't sweep it under the rug and actually had to change 3rd party rules which stated they had to include it in the cap.
After that though, it was back to a free for all until they said no to franklin signing a 2 Mil deal with puma because they wanting him at gws...

Im sure the AFL media are all over this Scott appointment.

Oh wait, there is a story about Jack Ginnivan encroaching on the AFL's marketing rights: https://www.afl.com.au/news/1248337/barrett-hokball-jack-ginnivan-and-the-brown-and-gold-grey-area

The AFL truly doesnt care about anything unless someone is threatening their ability to make money.

Clearly Hawthorn just need to get a sponsor to employ Ginnivan and Watson then there is no issue.

Tax paid club.
I call them the labor party.
Done nothing for the code and still get tax money.
Time to turf them out.
Cats are crooks.
“a recent renovation of the club’s headquarters was funded, in part, by a $15 million federal government infrastructure grant intended to provide improved facilities for women’s sports teams.”

That’s not about Geelong but Collingwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“a recent renovation of the club’s headquarters was funded, in part, by a $15 million federal government infrastructure grant intended to provide improved facilities for women’s sports teams.”

That’s not about Geelong but Collingwood

Collingwood also spent a huge amount of money on upgrading Vic Park facilities for their netball team. Outside of the AFL soft cap of course. Was just pure luck that the new facilities were also incredibly helpful for the training of their football team.

Then sadly a few years later they got rid of the netball team.

Collingwood also spent a huge amount of money on upgrading Vic Park facilities for their netball team. Outside of the AFL soft cap of course. Was just pure luck that the new facilities were also incredibly helpful for the training of their football team.

Then sadly a few years later they got rid of the netball team.
Well to be fair we also got government grants meant to promote the inclusion of women in sport :$.

We're all doing shifities left right an centre. Rich clubs get away with more, if a little club like Geelong works out their rorts good luck to them (how many times have they renovated that crappy little half-ground?).

AFL isn't exactly interested in rooting out this sort of thing, they run the biggest rort clubs in the country in Sydney and GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong rorting the system

Remove this Banner Ad

Back