Review Geelong spifflocates West coast by 97 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

I really enjoyed the win, we needed it. But the WCE was utter shite. So, I'm tempering my response somewhat because of that. I'm not getting carried away with the win, because in the end, it was too easy. One of those wins where everyone looks like a superstar.

Having said that, it was Duncan's day. Best game I've seen him play in ages. BOG for me.

Stanley beat NicNat. Destroyed him. That was a terrific effort on his 150th game.

Our midfield was excellent today. Especially Guthrie, Selwood, and OConnor along with Duncan, of course. Menegola and Parfitt were a bit quieter.

Jezza showed enough to say he and TBone are going to work well together. Very exciting going forward. You can tell when the opposition's defense is poor, Gary Rohan has a break-out day.

I still saw some shit-kicking from our boys at times, so they still need to keep on working on those skills.

The backline had a day out too. Stewart, Henry, Atkins, and Henderson were terrific.

So while I'll enjoy the win, I will temper my expectations going forward based on the poor quality of the opposition today. Richmond, Bulldogs, Port, etc., they won't lie down and die like the WCE did today.

Go Cats!

O'Connor has played on Neale, Mitchell, and Kelly and had as many touches as them. As effective as any tagger this side of Ling albeit from a small sample size. Oliver had a fair few touches but most of them didn't go anywhere. Hopefully the hammy is ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Connor has played on Neale, Mitchell, and Kelly and had as many touches as them. As effective as any tagger this side of Ling albeit from a small sample size. Oliver had a fair few touches but most of them didn't go anywhere. Hopefully the hammy is ok.
Oliver smashed him, and Neale has been in poor form. But his work on Mitchell and Kelly, and how he played when not tagging was excellent. He hasn't quite been the Orange Blanket but last year there was a few things he did that suggests he could be a great mid and this year is adding to that.

Jeremy Cameron in the forward half pitched a tent in my pants when danger gets back this will be one of the best forward lines leaguewide.

Mitch Duncan had his best game for a long long time.

Circle in Friday 7th may evening to see how well it troubles the best

Strange times... win by 97and barely 3 pages of posts....

lose by 97 and we'd be at 100 pages by now.

guess it reflects what people really like.

Go Catters

Geez that was some display, especially that second quarter.
Exactly what I, and we needed to give our season some life after a stagnant start.
I was pleased that we continued in the second half, WCE clearly looked to control the ball a bit more and reduce our ability to spread and get outside ball, and clearly our energy was lowered (I mean we should still be under-done anyway) but even accounting injuries we won both of the second half quarters.
Duncan should be dropped for missing his 5th and 100 points, MC shouldn't suffer that!
Not one bad player today, everyone played their role well and we had multiple winners across every line.
Now let's keep it up, it cannot be a flash in the pan (nor can it be a weekly 15 goal win..).
Oh, and not a bad first game from Jezza just quietly..

Go Catters
Tells you about the opposition. If we beat Richmond in 2 weeks the thread might just hit 2k pages.

I rightly panned Stanley and Dahl for bad performances last week but both were fantastic in their milestone games as was Rohan. Credit where credit's due.

The frustraition meter for Stanley has just found anotehr level or two. I have seen him play well against Gawn and now NicNat. He should be made for the game today. The man is the epitome of an enigma.

One thing it did show... we do look a lot better when we do not let the other side dominate in that area.

Will be looking at the SEN rolling all Australian team with interest. Surely Tommy Stewart to half back this week! Guthrie close too...
I look at it weekly just to have a read and nearly threw my phone when Ziebell went in this week and Stewart isn’t named even as a hard luck.

Go Catters
I have only watch the first half on a broken iPhone screen
Give us time, we’re celebrating

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong spifflocates West coast by 97 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back