Game Day Geelong V Essendon Sun Apr 30 1:10pm MCG - definitely a country game

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the last two weeks, SDK has shown more in the ruck than we've seen from Ratugolea - doesn't mean I want him there long term though

And across the opening 6.5 rounds this season Ratugolea has shown more in his new role & on a more consistent basis than he did in his previous seasons playing forward & ruck - I'd rather leave ER in defence & focus on that side of his game then unnecessarily shift him around when we have other options
I would of rather played Ceglar in ruck then playing either in the ruck...

Still don't know what the MC see in Knevitt.

Also, Stringer is running around by himself.
We are just lacking a bit of depth so he has worked his way into the side after some injuries.

It's not an ideal situation.

Not huge amounts of other options really.

Dempsey and Knevitt are similar types and are both in their 2nd year.

Next cab off the rank was Bruhn who has had 3 touches and his direct opponent won a couple of center clearances that cost goals.

Parfs form does not warrant AFL selection.

Another really solid mid in their mid 20's would be great but that's all our list has atm.

One thing I do like about giving SdK some time rucking in the middle is it gives him experience at it. Later in his career he could ruck excusively inside D50 the way Hawkins does up forward. This leaves our actual ruckman lurking about in the midfield to compete for those hurried kicks out of defence.

I just blindly trust they know these days. I thought the exact same thing when Zuthrie was gifted games, now he is a lock in the backline. Players need time and games to show what they can do.

Not saying Knevitt is no chance but Zuthrie clearly had talent from day 1 he was just a pipsqueak against men for so long. Knevitt hasn’t shown anything to suggest he will continue getting chances imo. He’s being wasted when we could get more games into Bruhn, Dempsey etc

Gryan has yet to kick a goal this year, but I think his form has kept going from strength to strength after a fantastic finish last year - and with Jezza, I thought he was one of the few who could hold his head high in those debaculous first 3 rounds.

We are just lacking a nit of depth so he has worked his way into the side after a couple of injuries.

It's not an ideal situation.

Not huge amounts of other options really.

Dempsey and Knevitt are similar types and are both in their 2nd year.

Next cab off the rank was Bruhn who has had 3 touches and has his direct opponent win a couple of center clearances that cost goals.

Parfs form does not warrant AFL selection.

Another really solid mid in their mid 20's would be great but that's all our list has atm.
Danger doing a lot of the heavy lifting at the moment. At this rate he will be cooked at finals time. We really need to get Guthrie back to his best to take the load.

Gryan has yet to kick a goal this year, but I think his form has kept going from strength to strength after a fantastic finish last year - and with Jezza, I thought he was one of the few who could hold his head high in those debaculous first 3 rounds.
Yep - he has been amazing and is going from strength to strength. Really good footballer.

Knevitt is a work in progress.
Has one good effort then stops
Need to learn to stay involved
Get to the next contest quickly
Just like a single punch boxer
Needs to throw more combinations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back