Preview Geelong V Hawthorn Mon April 18 3:20 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh yes,... the traditional rivalry game.

Lets not beat about the bush - Geelong V Hawthorn - the rivalry since 89.

Yes there are others, and sure it ebbs and flows, but it never ends. There is always that extra bit with these games.

And surely this will be no different.

Might not both at the pointy end right now.. but that can often add even more to it - the lower one has nothing to lose.

We should be mostly healthy by then... Sel will be back. Maybe Sav... MOC better for the run. Prob no Narkle but Stewy for sure.

Its Easter Monday at the G and a top 4 spot beckons if we play to our best.

Get it done Geelong

Go Catters

Selwood and Stewart in to the 23 with Narkle and zuthrie out.
Higgins should come in if he is out of the concussion protocols but maybe give him another week and save him for his old side.
I'd leave Sav out Hawks arent blessed with talls so we can probably get away with blitz as 2nd ruck again.

Menegola back from concussion via the vfl for match fitness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selwood and Stewart in

Narkle and Miers out

Cooper Stephens will debut at the cattery against freo would be my guess

I’d like to see zuthrie get another chance- his pre season form was excellent

Miers needs to put his head over the ball in the twos- we have enough small forward to not tolerate that stuff - hope he proves me wrong as he has upside but I’m happy with Stengle and close ahead of him -

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we play our best, should be a comfortable win, but stranger things have happened.

Hawks were absolute poo against the Saints, who aren't anything special but smacked them around.

Selwood and Stewart in

Narkle and Miers out

Miers needs to put his head over the ball in the twos- we have enough small forward to not tolerate that stuff - hope he proves me wrong as he has upside but I’m happy with Stengle and close ahead of him -

Miers is just about as close of a thing to a lock as possible.

Ahhh yes,... the traditional rivalry game.

Lets not beat about the bush - Geelong V Hawthorn - the rivalry since 89.

Yes there are others, and sure it ebbs and flows, but it never ends. There is always that extra bit with these games.

And surely this will be no different.

Might not both at the pointy end right now.. but that can often add even more to it - the lower one has nothing to lose.

We should be mostly healthy by then... Sel will be back. Maybe Sav... MOC better for the run. Prob no Narkle but Stewy for sure.

Its Easter Monday at the G and a top 4 spot beckons if we play to our best.

Get it done Geelong

Go Catters
they have a plukish feeling to them at the moment and will run all over you if your off your game defensively.

this is a huge one for me and the difference between 4-1 and 3-2 for top 4 hopes is huge.

win this one, and as long as we play good football there is no reason we can not aim to be 6-1 after 1/3rd of the season complete as we have kangaroos away then freo at skilled..

looking far ahead i know and it changes week to week, but win this one and there is no reason we cannot set those sort of goals with good solid performances which will set us up in a really strong position to launch a premiership campaign off

Selwood and Stewart in

Narkle and Miers out

Miers had a few bad moments but was overall quite good. He won’t be dropped.

No bringing back higgins ffs. No sav for that matter either.

If we play our best, should be a comfortable win, but stranger things have happened.

Hawks were absolute poo against the Saints, who aren't anything special but smacked them around.
against us they have this antagonising way of hanging around like a bad smell within reach all game... they just hate us with a passion and find this extra something half the time that annoys the hell out of me. We often get an injury or two against them as well as they get quite dirty with their style... this was under clarkson so lets see how it goes under mitchel who appears to be half the coach Clarkson was.

Miers is just about as close of a thing to a lock as possible.

Yep coach loves him, good luck to him hope he kicks four - will be a tough team to pick when all players are fit and firing - close and Stengle ahead of him for mine

Would love to see danger have a big game against the hawks- I wish one of the coaches could get in his ear and tell him his best service to the team is contested possession into handball to Duncan, smith, parfit, Selwood.. anyone - don’t mind him having a shot for goal but him blazing away out of a stopage rarely results in anything

against us they have this antagonising way of hanging around like a bad smell within reach all game... they just hate us with a passion and find this extra something half the time that annoys the hell out of me. We often get an injury or two against them as well as they get quite dirty with their style... this was under clarkson so lets see how it goes under mitchel who appears to be half the coach Clarkson was.
I hate it when we are expected to win. And we are this week. So will not select us. Have restrained myself from these comments all year so far. Very illogical and irrational, but as you say, the Hawks will come out hunting us, and be more than nuisance value, and their form yesterday was not typical of what they've been like.
Our form is a bit of everything so far.

I hate it when we are expected to win. And we are this week. So will not select us. Have restrained myself from these comments all year so far. Very illogical and irrational, but as you say, the Hawks will come out hunting us, and be more than nuisance value, and their form yesterday was not typical of what they've been like.
Our form is a bit of everything so far.
agreed. This game is the hardest we have out of the 3 coming up as they are capable to pull a good performance out and get us off guard.

I am backing us for a small win (2-5 goals) or even a reversal and we lose by about 5 goals... i am tipping it within the boundaries of 5 goals either way with swings and ebs throughout the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back