Preview Rd 18 Pies V Cats Fri July 12 2024 740 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a load of rubbish

At least twice he has taken clutch marks and after the final siren kicked goals from tight angles and a fair way out to win Coll vital games and talk about ice cool doing it

A very good and reliable one grab o/head mark for his size
What’s that got to do with defensive effort? (Don’t care for the argument btw, just a strange response)

Yeah i get at times Ollie can lack defensive pressure and it frustrates me too, but **** me the kid is what 21?

He's not a finished product, the kid is coming off an injury and we are gonna dog him for it?

The kid can play, have faith people.

People aren't lacking faith. Just not wanting him over Rohan right now. Really shouldn't be that hard to understand.

Feels like it went on a bit of a tangent from "Henry is good but I would prefer Rohan for structural reasons" to where we are now.

Not really. People who like how we have played the last couple of weeks have said why they think Rohan has been important to it and how they think Ollie could have been letting it down a bit.

Ollie would have been a Superstar and a real drawcard back in the halycon days of the VFA in the late 60s and early 70s when all the teams had Gun full forwards

Like Dandenong had " Frosty" Millar , Port Melbourne had Freddy Cook , Sandringham had Ian Cooper ( ex Saints star) and Geelong West could have had Ollie Henry . Ollie would have had the fans at fever pitch , he would have flown for all those speccies in the goal square , he would have only marked 2 out of every 10 , but who cares the crowd would have been so excited and entertained

Roosters were great, broke my footy teeth in, on the hill behind the goals.They were the days.
Radojevic would probably outgun Ollie!

Happy with no changes - Clark maybe a bit lucky over Knevitt, though I think 3 of his last 4 have been very decent.

Mannagh was excellent last week and good to see him rewarded with a spot in the 18.

I would guess a forward as sub for balance unless Knevitt comes in as a late change? Scott doesn’t seem to play that game so often recently.

Should win on recent form and with their outs. Looking forward to see who gets the job on Daicos.

What a load of rubbish

At least twice he has taken clutch marks and after the final siren kicked goals from tight angles and a fair way out to win Coll vital games and talk about ice cool doing it

That’s happened late in matches, but not sure it’s twice after the siren - with Rohan’s 200th last week, there was an X discussion about players with multiple after the siren kicks on goal and this was the list created in addition to Rohan

*Barry Hall (2x goals to win)
*Tom Hawkins (1x goal to win, 1x behind to draw)
*Stephen Kernahan (1x goal to win, 1x miss)
*Malcolm Blight (1x goal to win, 1x miss)
*David Mundy (1x goal to win, 1x miss)
*Brad Johnson (2x misses)

Im very surprised to see Elliot, the last i heard they were really worried about whether he would be back at all. Hill is the one that scares me the most tbh, Humphries for him i reckon to begin.

Amazing that Heeney didn't win the appeal. The more I looked at the incident the more convinced I was that he would escape suspension. I guess it's related to rules at the expense of common sense. Of course the rules are in place to allow the cyborgs at the AFL to take common sense out of the equation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a load of rubbish

Elliott is a STAR, no arguments.
Oliie Henry will be as well

That’s happened late in matches, but not sure it’s twice after the siren - with Rohan’s 200th last week, there was an X discussion about players with multiple after the siren kicks on goal and this was the list created in addition to Rohan

*Barry Hall (2x goals to win)
*Tom Hawkins (1x goal to win, 1x behind to draw)
*Stephen Kernahan (1x goal to win, 1x miss)
*Malcolm Blight (1x goal to win, 1x miss)
*David Mundy (1x goal to win, 1x miss)
*Brad Johnson (2x misses)

Re Elliot he goaled after the siren to beat Ess , a fair way out and on a tight angle

And he sunk Carlton , late very late in the last qtr with the final goal of the match , both games from memory Coll were 3-4 goals behind and looked gone for all money , yet they won both of them , and Elliot kicked the vital final goals in both games

Prior to his last 4 games Henry was ticking most boxes, including upping his score involvements and goal assist rates, crashing a few more contests and being our most reliable goal kicker.

Unfortunately his form has completely fallen off a cliff and his strengths have dried up, while his weaknesses have been more obvious. But of course everyone was always going to act as if his last month was exactly the same output and effectiveness of the games that preceded it this season. That's just how Bigfooty appraisals of players form line works, when it comes to players people "had a bone to pick with" (Henry has been maligned right from when he was drafted, for what he doesn't do).
If BF had its way we’d be odds-on to win the (VFL) flag. SDK, Kolo, 2xHenry, 3XPaddies, Duncan, Atkins, Close, Blicavs and probably more all been written off at various stages. Fascinating couple of months coming up, just gonna hit the 🍿 and see what CS & Co can do from here. There’s a reason they’re there and we’re here.

Ollie Henry should not be the SUB
It's hard to find form on the bench
Players lift against their old team
He would be raring to compete.
Ollie competes for the high ball
This helps lock the ball inside F50
Also why forwards lead to boundary
gives time for defense to set up wall
Makes it difficult to counter attack.
Big Ollie game would add some salt.

Humphries should start in the team
He reads the play well and contests
Excellent distributer and decisions
Knows where to run to provide outlet
Drifts forward Finds targets inside F50

Suggest Clark start as the SUB
Need to lighten his game work-load
A fresh Clark will provide impact late.

Prior to his last 4 games Henry was ticking most boxes, including upping his score involvements and goal assist rates, crashing a few more contests and being our most reliable goal kicker.

Unfortunately his form has completely fallen off a cliff and his strengths have dried up, while his weaknesses have been more obvious. But of course everyone was always going to act as if his last month was exactly the same output and effectiveness of the games that preceded it this season. That's just how Bigfooty appraisals of players form line works, when it comes to players people "had a bone to pick with" (Henry has been maligned right from when he was drafted, for what he doesn't do).
Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

Can not imagine Pies dropping 3 in a row.
No other logical reason to select them, although with Elliott back, and maybe McStay, they will be desperate. These blokes will play well first game back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back