Preview Rd 18 Pies V Cats Fri July 12 2024 740 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can not imagine Pies dropping 3 in a row.
No other logical reason to select them, although with Elliott back, and maybe McStay, they will be desperate. These blokes will play well first game back

Don’t have to imagine - they lost their first 3 matches to start the season

And Parfitt?

Considering we currently missing Bruhn and C. Guthrie from the seniors and we haven’t seen the return of Parfitt or a debut by Hardie, it becomes hard to see how either break into the seniors from here

Considering we currently missing Bruhn and C. Guthrie from the seniors and we haven’t seen the return of Parfitt or a debut by Hardie, it becomes hard to see how either break into the seniors from here
True.
Saddens me. Really rated Bews and Parfitt.

True.
Saddens me. Really rated Bews and Parfitt.
For Parfitt and Bews to be elevated over Hardie would be staggering given how much better he has been performing in the VFL. I fear all 3 will be confined to the scrap heap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really. People who like how we have played the last couple of weeks have said why they think Rohan has been important to it and how they think Ollie could have been letting it down a bit.

And I agree with that too but some here are laying the boots in like he's a VFL pleb.
His numbers are phenomenal for someone his age playing his position.

Do i prefer playing Rohan right now? Yeah sure but Rohan isn't going to be here forever. We need to give Ollie confidence to take up that mantle.

Even if they beat us, they have a pretty tough run home. Hawks, Carlton, Swans, Lions, Dees, could lose all of them.

Only gimme is Tigers.
Went fishing with my dad and little brother when I was around 10 and we caught a shark. Forget which type, we didn't often catch much. We took it home and my dad had cut off the head, the thing was long dead, and the head was just sitting on the bench. Had rows and rows of the sharpest teeth you'll see and it's mouth was just wide open.

My brother out of curiosity stuck his finger in the open jaws to touch the teeth and in what must have been some kind of automatic response from the sharks nervous system the jaws clenched shut. Only gently and for a split second, but long enough for my brother to rip his finger to shreds pulling his finger away in panic.

So even a dead shark can bite

Can not imagine Pies dropping 3 in a row.
No other logical reason to select them, although with Elliott back, and maybe McStay, they will be desperate. These blokes will play well first game back
Yeah and my Essendon mate 2 weeks ago said "can't see the Pies losing to the Suns" and then "can't see the Pies dropping 2 in a row especially on a Friday night to the Bombers".

With the injuries the Pies have and the form they are in, theres a good chance of a loss to us, then the Hawks seem to have their number so there is a chance they lose that the week after [Pies lost to Horks last year, snuck a 4 point win in 2022, lost in 2021], they have the Richmond Percentage boosters the week after the Hawks before playing the Blues at a packed MCG and the Swans at the SCG.

They could realistically only win 1 from the next 5.
And thats before they finish the season with the Lions at the MCG who could be playing for top 4 as well, and the Demons in rd 24 who could be playing for finals.

Pies have a horrendous run in so injuries and form issues have come at the wrong time.

Injuries look like making the Pies shorter up forward. Kreuger and Long are both tween KPF and both inexperienced.
Surrounded by Hill, Elliott, Schulze should make them dangerous at ground level. Pressure on the ball carrier is key.

Can't allow lowering the eyes and honouring leads by their shorter and quicker forwards. Need to force high dump kicks for our taller defence to get an advantage.

According to Pies fans in their match thread.

Stewart in the midfield is "average" or "not someone to worry about"

Lets hope their coaches and players think the same.
I could do with another "average" 10 Coaches vote game from Stewy :tearsofjoy:
Remember, these are the same people who thought Chris Scott copied Jeff Kennett's infamous 'beat them when it matters' speech, and didn't think for one second that it might not be real.

They're a special case of...let's just say....intellectually limited.

He has huge talent, he just is not suited to modern footy or a level of game plan that elite teams play.

You need all six forwards influencing between forward fifty and defensive fifty applying pressure and linking up in transition.

O Henry in all honesty is probably our worst forward at this, he is a liability placed onto our other forwards trying to shoulder the work he doesn’t do.

Having 6 forwards involved compared to 5 makes a HUGE difference to the dynamics.

I don’t care about his occasional grab and his usual 2 goal output. His overall game hurts the team as a whole
He’s played deep forward by necessity whilst Rohan was out and with Hawk unable to compete on the air.
He played a few practice games further up the ground when he first came and found a lot of the footy.
With Neale in the team as an aerial deep target I think OH will play further out , they’ll work on his endurance over summer and he’ll play a lot more between the arcs and push forward like most of our small forwards do now.

Injuries look like making the Pies shorter up forward. Kreuger and Long are both tween KPF and both inexperienced.
Surrounded by Hill, Elliott, Schulze should make them dangerous at ground level. Pressure on the ball carrier is key.

Can't allow lowering the eyes and honouring leads by their shorter and quicker forwards. Need to force high dump kicks for our taller defence to get an advantage.
Elliott wasn't that long ago being talked about with the words "early retirement" its going to be interesting to see what condition he is in.

Hopefully SDK and Blicavs try and work Cameron over, he will not be running at 100%.

Neale is going to have a big opportunity on Moore. Larkey showed the blue print by making leads to keep him accountable. Moore struggled because he wasn't able to just drop off and do his own thing and wasn't great on athletic talls. He couldn't out pace Larkey and couldn't really out muscle him.
If he gets good service we could see Neale have a big one.

As long as we play a deep defender Elliott will not have much impact
l am always amused at how peeps on here criticise our players for a weakness in their game but go on about opposition players and how we have to be wary of them.

Elliot is a perfect example
Absolutely no defensive element to his game, hangs back and gets behind defenders and waits for quick rebound.

If he was at cats everyone would be calling him a cheat, lazy detrimental to our forward pressure.

Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back