Preview Rd 18 Pies V Cats Fri July 12 2024 740 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the pile on for not necessarily agreeing with everyone
And having to be pointed out that Rohan was a big contributor in our 22 finals series

All I did was say it was a bit much to call him Mr September

I can think of a few other Geelong greats that might earn that honour.. probably not Rohan though, as good as he can be at times

LOL. Is it?? Is that all his job is??
Was Mannagh thinking his job was just as a small crumbing forward that just kick 1-2 goals?
I think the days of one dimensional mid sized half forwards that take 3 marks and kick 2 goals 1... and a tackle with another 3-4 zero impact possessions are from a bygone era.
Mannagh went back and had to do/learn/achieve certain goals that are expected of a well rounded player that can contribute in more than 1 or 2 aspects of the game.
Mannagh will do what we expect from Close Miers Stengle... Hell, even Dempsey worked on more aspects on his game to become a more rounded player that he has become.
FWIW OH needs some of that education.
Never know he might stick a tackle or two and chase and harass in that 50 arc.
Harsh? Yeah maybe. But so is the game of Football.
Cheers

My point is that I strongly suspect that running from the contest, rather than to it when he’s not directly involved is his role. I agree he must tackle when the ball is in vicinity and he’s responsible for his direct opponent when necessary, but I think he needs to attack space when he’s not in possession, as many good forwards should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the pile on for not necessarily agreeing with everyone
And having to be pointed out that Rohan was a big contributor in our 22 finals series

All I did was say it was a bit much to call him Mr September

I can think of a few other Geelong greats that might earn that honour.. probably not Rohan though, as good as he can be at times
You did watch the collingwood final in 22 yeah?? We wouldn’t have won without him.

I like it

I am guessing Knevitt didn't come up from sickness which is a shame

I'd love to see Mitch get a quick return to the seniors, but being honest I don't see how we omit any player after last week's match and think that no change is the right option

I know Clark was a late in, but he didn't have a bad match and it'll be interesting to see how he goes with further opportunities out on the wing - if he was omitted following Saturday, I would have felt for the kid

I'd love to see Mitch get a quick return to the seniors, but being honest I don't see how we omit any player after last week's match and think that no change is the right option

I know Clark was a late in, but he didn't have a bad batchy and it'll be interesting to see how he goes with further opportunities out on the wing - if he was omitted following Saturday, I would have felt for the kid
Agreed

Rohan ahead of Henry is laughable to me. It's humorous to me just how many people think that all 22 of the players that take the field should be bonafide superstars.

From my perspective, Henry I somewhat of a rare talent going through a mini form slump, as all players do. But a forward like Henry is going to be much more dependent on quality F50 entries than many others.
Look back to the start of this year. Hawkins was playing wonderfully. Then he fell off a cliff. So has Henry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To make it official

Pretty sure this is the same 26 named last Thursday, with the only diff being Clark in the 22 & Knevitt an emergency - Rhys also reclaims his spot as an emergency after being replaced by O'Sullivan prior to Saturdays clash

1720686269803.png

Why would he be back?? Who would he replace from that win
From my pov no one as no one deserved to be dropped but i thought the MC if he got over his sickness may have found a way to get him back in as he didn't deserve to miss either..

Sadly he got sick at the wrong time and will now have to wait again for selection.

What's everyone thoughts on who to be Sub?
If we're continuing the bench tradition, has to be O Henry or Clark for mine, with Clark getting the nod due to us being heavy on forwards.

Shouldn't be any of Close, Bowes, or Humphries IMO.

Can sense a real breakout game for Lawson, and he's already been damn impressive as it is.

I’m going with no change
Kate Mckinnon Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

collingwood is going to play a very dangerous slingshot style on the weekend.

Expect to see them try to open up the forward half like a paddock and flood forward.
Good luck to them. If we play our way and bring our pressure around the ball we'll win this easily.

As CS always says, worry more about what we're doing than what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back