Preview Rd 18 Pies V Cats Fri July 12 2024 740 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on that team clark will be the sub which makes sense given his tank.

I would prefer stanley in but i suppose with the pies short on talls i can live with it.

Based on that team clark will be the sub which makes sense given his tank.

I would prefer stanley in but i suppose with the pies short on talls i can live with it.

I thought Henry as sub, the same as last week made most sense - it's the same 23, so why not keep the same balance?

collingwood is going to play a very dangerous slingshot style on the weekend.

Expect to see them try to open up the forward half like a paddock and flood forward.

That only works when you can rely on your regulars to set the tone and their forwards drawing defenders away from the hot spots., who from their forward line is going to do that?

They slingshot it in to who? Krueger? Lipinski? Ned Long?....Elliott hasn't played since Round what? 4? you can't simulate match fitness he'll get gassed early and often...Hill maybe but that's without all the attention on him?

If would take a bunch of "**** off" goals for that group to have a big night and you can't just rely on mids to be your goalkickers.

Match them in the centre and they won't have to guys to go against our forwards/backs.

That's it. I can take it no more, it has been years of this now.
Grammar Nazi time. Fix your autocorrect. It is forward, not foward.

Heart Attack Close Call GIF by reactionseditor

I'm glad I finally got that off my chest.

How I Met Your Mother Reaction GIF by Laff
I would if i knew how. It annoys the crap out of me.

O Henry is more your bread and butter marking medium forward. A key forward trapped in a medium forwards body

Ollie would have been a Superstar and a real drawcard back in the halycon days of the VFA in the late 60s and early 70s when all the teams had Gun full forwards

Like Dandenong had " Frosty" Millar , Port Melbourne had Freddy Cook , Sandringham had Ian Cooper ( ex Saints star) and Geelong West could have had Ollie Henry . Ollie would have had the fans at fever pitch , he would have flown for all those speccies in the goal square , he would have only marked 2 out of every 10 , but who cares the crowd would have been so excited and entertained

I thought Henry as sub, the same as last week made most sense - it's the same 23, so why not keep the same balance?

They wont make henry sub 2 weeks in a row if they were going to do that they would have given him a full game in the vfl this week. Therefore the sub will be clark or humphries and humphries is playing better.

That small Pies forward line is signalling chaos / dirty ball into their 50m arc.

Has me thinking that we must have been very close to playing Bews - or him being a late in.

Elliot - Hill - Lipinski - Schultz

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kreuger will play fwd on henry but otherwise they will be small unless they play de goey permanent fwd. Long or mciness will play fwd for height.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They wont make henry sub 2 weeks in a row if they were going to do that they would have given him a full game in the vfl this week. Therefore the sub will be clark or humphries and humphries is playing better.
What is the rule that you don’t play two games in a row as sub?

From my perspective, Henry I somewhat of a rare talent going through a mini form slump, as all players do. But a forward like Henry is going to be much more dependent on quality F50 entries than many others.
Look back to the start of this year. Hawkins was playing wonderfully. Then he fell off a cliff. So has Henry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Prior to his last 4 games Henry was ticking most boxes, including upping his score involvements and goal assist rates, crashing a few more contests and being our most reliable goal kicker.

Unfortunately his form has completely fallen off a cliff and his strengths have dried up, while his weaknesses have been more obvious. But of course everyone was always going to act as if his last month was exactly the same output and effectiveness of the games that preceded it this season. That's just how Bigfooty appraisals of players form line works, when it comes to players people "had a bone to pick with" (Henry has been maligned right from when he was drafted, for what he doesn't do).

As long as we play a deep defender Elliott will not have much impact
l am always amused at how peeps on here criticise our players for a weakness in their game but go on about opposition players and how we have to be wary of them.

Elliot is a perfect example
Absolutely no defensive element to his game, hangs back and gets behind defenders and waits for quick rebound.

If he was at cats everyone would be calling him a cheat, lazy detrimental to our forward pressure.

Prior to his last 4 games Henry was ticking most boxes, including upping his score involvements and goal assist rates, crashing a few more contests and being our most reliable goal kicker.

Unfortunately his form has completely fallen off a cliff and his strengths have dried up, while his weaknesses have been more obvious. But of course everyone was always going to act as if his last month was exactly the same output and effectiveness of the games that preceded it this season. That's just how Bigfooty appraisals of players form line works, when it comes to players people "had a bone to pick with" (Henry has been maligned right from when he was drafted, for what he doesn't do).
and he's been injured....

and he's been injured....
True.

Young third tall (hardly a prototypical format for consistency), injured, then trying to regather match fitness, coming back to a forward line of giants, terrible ball movement - all valid factors for a slump. When the team turned things around he was out of form and on the periphery, but it's a stretch to connect the two as if Henry was a critical problem. An in-form Henry would still work in this team so long as Hawkins isn't playing. Rohan is playing more as a large flanker/chaos machine rather than a lead up third tall the past two weeks, so it isn't even the same type of role.

l am always amused at how peeps on here criticise our players for a weakness in their game but go on about opposition players and how we have to be wary of them.

Absolutely no defensive element to his game, hangs back and gets behind defenders and waits for quick rebound.

If he was at cats everyone would be calling him a cheat, lazy detrimental to our forward pressure.

If Elliot has absolutely no defensive element to his game and averages 3 tackles per game, how would you describe Henry's defensive efforts at 1.2 tackles per game?

What a load of rubbish

At least twice he has taken clutch marks and after the final siren kicked goals from tight angles and a fair way out to win Coll vital games and talk about ice cool doing it

A very good and reliable one grab o/head mark for his size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back