Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 100 40.7%
  • Dusty

Votes: 151 61.4%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 84 34.1%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 57 23.2%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 72 29.3%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 67 27.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Odd comment; STAND, 6-6-6, kick-out exclusion zone are the biggest changes to the structure of the game since the centre square exclusion zone was introduced in 1973 (originally a diamond until '75).

The game that formerly prided itself on being the one football code that let you run where you want, when you want, has suddenly become more zoned than soccer.
Yes because the AFL wants to increase scoring and open up the flow of the game. The end to end transition footy played by sides like geelong and collingwood and others now copying it is a much more attractive style of game than before.

You guys sound like a bunch of loonies with tin hats claiming the AFL introduced a stand on the mark rule to destroy your game plan.. what a mediocre fragile side that can be knocked over like that by a few rules changes.

If Richmond literally couldn’t work out how to adjust their style when the AFL made a player stand on the mark and some extra room at kick outs and a zone which is in place for about 15 seconds after a center bounce.. then again.. you weren’t really that good a side.. as the true greats can adapt.

You guys had your run, and you are now well and truly in decline.. just deal with it

img_3609-png.1686198
Odd comment?? Jeremy Cameron played up the ground and had 21 touches 9 marks and a goal… he was literally our fifth highest disposal getter on the ground…Very bizzare definition of owning a player. 21 touches 9 marks and a goal is an ok game by anyone’s standards.

Don’t rewrite history

The rules were changed by the Geelong football manager to hurt Richmond and help Geelong

It’s matter of historical fact that shocking worked for Geelong , then ran the afl changed the rules to suit Geelong , and then went back to Geelong with the new rules, to hurt the premier and help Geelong .

Then they won a flag with the new rules

Steve hocking is the shrewdest football administrator of the 21 St century, and we all sat back and just watched it happen
You can’t make this stuff up. Intelligent bunch down at tiger land

So you pay nothing for the MCG but you expect us to pay for all renovations at geelong?? Literally no club pays for their ground renovations mate
Wouldn't it save hundreds of millions just to play at the MCG?? One hour drive can't be too long matey mate

Correct me if l am wrong. We beat Sydney when they were in the 8. Beat Dons were in the 8. Beat Crows when they were in the 8.
5 teams in the 8 now we haven’t even played!

I should have been more specific - meant currently in the 8. The good teams have usually forced their way into the 8 by this time.

Eager to see the Cats play a top 8 side over the next 5 weeks or so.

Pretty happy with the showing despite the loss.
Young players ran out of gas by the third quarter but plenty to look forward to.

I reckon we are going to be peaking at the right time again. Even during the 5 wins on the trot, only really playing a half or quarter to put a team away.

Melbourne and Collingwood the teams to beat.
Brisbane I like our chances against. Your mob are middle of the road side without quality defenders.

Interestingly, only 3 sides had had less points kicked against them than us on an average per game as the ladder stands tonight.

Maybe you don't need quality individual defenders to be a good defensive team?

Tigers back after that are they? 😂
It is fantastic reading them think their season is back on track and the joy beating us brings them.
Nah not back. Geelong aren't that convincing as a team. List has no depth and havent beaten anyone of note even when at full strength. But yeah quite joyous to beat you. Yet again.

Mate if you are happy beating our VFL side, with extra assistance from the umps by 24 points then that is a concern. A decent side beats geelong by 50 with 8 of their best players out.
That was peak tugers 2023 I'm afraid. Enjoy 9th.
Funny, on the morning of game day with the teams known you were $1.38 favourites.

Favourites and coached by a guy who 9 weeks ago came out and said 'we figured out the way to beat Richmond'. 🤣

Geelong fans sure do love excuses. I especially love your 'umpire assistance' excuse too. Has all the ingredients of miserable Chris Scott victimhood presser.

Funny, on the morning of game day with the teams known you were $1.38 favourites.

Favourites and coached by a guy who 9 weeks ago came out and said 'we figured out the way to beat Richmond'. 🤣

Geelong fans sure do love excuses. I especially love your 'umpire assistance' excuse too. Has all the ingredients of miserable Chris Scott victimhood presser.
One of the most enjoyable aspects of Geelong losses is coming on Bigfooty and reading the snivelling, whining excuses from supporters who honestly believe their club's shit dont stink :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get me wrong, if it's high scoring then there's just no way Richmond can go with us.

Yeah I still think we're worthy favourites and should win.

Chris Scott said he has figured out how to beat Richmond now after those finals flops.

No excuses.

I think a few of our younger and unheralded players will catch the eye of many.

Cats will pull away. They are the same version of themselves whilst Richmond are falling off the

Strange how the Geelong narrative shifts from unbridled confidence and 'no excuses' to almost endless pages of excuses.

How humiliating spending so much time and effort trying to save face 🤣. Even neutral supporters see through it.

Strange how the Geelong narrative shifts from unbridled confidence and 'no excuses' to almost endless pages of excuses.

How humiliating spending so much time and effort trying to save face 🤣. Even neutral supporters see through it.
Maybe go back through the posts that led me to say "I still think we'll win"

You might find it was written off the back of several posts I made highlighting that we'll struggle with the availability we had.

Go over to the cats board and I think you'll find no one particularly surprised with the outcome

Interestingly, only 3 sides had had less points kicked against them than us on an average per game as the ladder stands tonight.

Maybe you don't need quality individual defenders to be a good defensive team?

Probably says more about Carlton's drop off than anything else.

You have a terrific midfield but there's something a miss.
Lobb & Naughton will have to get it done on the big stage.

One of the most enjoyable aspects of Geelong losses is coming on Bigfooty and reading the snivelling, whining excuses from supporters who honestly believe their club's s**t dont stink :)

Be nice to meet you guys in the prelim or grand final again.
You seem bitter and I can only think back to last year when Gary Rohan (lol, you can't make this sh*t up) ripped the heart out of the supporters and sent you packing.

Lol, even half of the one sentence you've quoted out of context from my post qualifies my "unbridled confidence", literally the rest of my post talks about how much of a danger game it was for Geelong.

Enjoy the win and now go call your mum or something.

Probably says more about Carlton's drop off than anything else.

You have a terrific midfield but there's something a miss.
Lobb & Naughton will have to get it done on the big stage.

Be nice to meet you guys in the prelim or grand final again.
You seem bitter and I can only think back to last year when Gary Rohan (lol, you can't make this sh*t up) ripped the heart out of the supporters and sent you packing.
be happy the get cats. never much in our games. we'd fancy ourselves.

be happy the get cats. never much in our games. we'd fancy ourselves.

You would wanna hope you do more than just fancy yourselves. Have to be a definite win after preventing you from winning last year's premiership. That had to sting the playing group.
Particularly after choking to West Coast in the 2018 grand final.

Two possible flags just vanished.

You would wanna hope you do more than just fancy yourselves. Have to be a definite win after preventing you from winning last year's premiership. That had to sting the playing group.
Particularly after choking to West Coast in the 2018 grand final.

Two possible flags just vanished.
feeling ok. clearly better than you lot atm.

Yes because the AFL wants to increase scoring and open up the flow of the game. The end to end transition footy played by sides like geelong and collingwood and others now copying it is a much more attractive style of game than before.

You guys sound like a bunch of loonies with tin hats claiming the AFL introduced a stand on the mark rule to destroy your game plan.. what a mediocre fragile side that can be knocked over like that by a few rules changes.

If Richmond literally couldn’t work out how to adjust their style when the AFL made a player stand on the mark and some extra room at kick outs and a zone which is in place for about 15 seconds after a center bounce.. then again.. you weren’t really that good a side.. as the true greats can adapt.

You guys had your run, and you are now well and truly in decline.. just deal with it
Once again, rules like STAND play to the strengths of the chip-mark-chip-mark sides like Geelong, and Collingwood formerly under Buckley.

Clean possession sides are favoured, not the 'dirty' football style pioneered by Hardwick

STAND slows the game down, as the players exploit the safety bubble (who could blame them) instead of playing on, which is why scoring rates have gone backwards as precious time is given to flood defense - have you seen typical forward 50 entries since STAND? The congestion is insane.

Sure the game 'looks' open in the midfield, but they have just made a massive traffic jam inside 50.

Anyway, money talks, 8 vs 9 goals and 11 vs 6 goals last night, and it's not even properly wet + windy yet.

I think the new zone rules do dial up the beltings though, WCE are in record losses territory over their last 30 or so games, terrible, again becasue 6-6-6 zoning reduces their options to play defensively, so maybe CH7 is looking to those games to boost Ads. Who is watching those beltings though?

The recent zones rules are a cancer on the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back