• J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 22.9%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 57 29.7%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 57 29.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Because Gil McLoughlin plays polo with Tom Hawkins and Hawkins is part of the boys club. He's not even in the top 15 full forwards of all time and has never kicked 8 goals.
The captain should have been Cripps, Gawn or Touk Miller imo.
Rance and Buddy deserved it because they are amougst the very best in their position of all time.
Ahh ok, filing this under dopey Richmond conspiracy theory #205.

five time all aus.jpg

Because Gil McLoughlin plays polo with Tom Hawkins and Hawkins is part of the boys club. He's not even in the top 15 full forwards of all time and has never kicked 8 goals.
The captain should have been Cripps, Gawn or Touk Miller imo.
Rance and Buddy deserved it because they are amougst the very best in their position of all time.

Oh well if he’s never kicked 8 goals they should have made Mark Le Cras the AA full forward last year.

Look Hawkins is a handy player with longevity but some of the plaudits and awards are ridiculous.
would have more goals easily than riewoldt if he decided to go for goal as often as riewoldt does.

much better team player than riewoldt.

btw mate, can you stop with your crazy talk of dusty as GOAT? you're scaring off new supporters to our game as they are seeing this 31 year old lemon running around who is a borderline B grader at present being told he is the GOAT, and they are laughing at our sport.

We need people to respect our sport not turn it off. Gill and co are pleading with you

The cats are an ok team. They just dont win flags very often.

4 in the last 60 or so years compared to our 7 or 8 over the same time. I think they have only beaten us twice in 12 or so finals. Or something like that.

More importantly, I love how Richmond and other clubs hate everything they stand for. Just a miserable organisation that defines itself by its grovelling and kiniving approach to the afl from the coach making excuses to rule changes.

There is no self respect and explains alot about why alot of their fans are so miserably delusional. Pretty funny stuff 😄

Pretty much. We started well but the longer it went the more they got on top. They kicked straight, we didn't (especially early). There's no conspiracy or bad luck in that. The goalposts don't move.

Supporters can bitch and moan all they like about injuries but it happens to all clubs. Richmond had no shortage of youngsters either, just this week they didn't make as many howlers and their veterans all contributed. Strikingly the players that were down for us weren't our kids, they were pretty solid. Less criticism will be directed to Tuohy, Bews, Blicavs, Holmes, Stewart, or O'Connor who were all pretty flat. I think we can be forgiven for not expecting Cotchin to kick 3 either. We also still had Hawkins and Cameron out there, but in contrast to the previous 5 weeks both were nullified. Nathan Broad's a much better defender than he's given credit for.

I thought Martin's last goal was a definite free but again we can't complain - Hawkins has been doing that for years (and I wish he wouldn't). But when umpires started getting slack paying it and a generation of fans think it's ok players are going to keep doing it. Didn't affect the result at all.
Agree with this, you still belted us in clearances so the ‘no-name’ midfield did really well.

4 in the last 60 or so years compared to our 7 or 8 over the same time. I think they have only beaten us twice in 12 or so finals. Or something like that.

More importantly, I love how Richmond and other clubs hate everything they stand for. Just a miserable organisation that defines itself by its grovelling and kiniving approach to the afl from the coach making excuses to rule changes.

There is no self respect and explains alot about why alot of their fans are so miserably delusional. Pretty funny stuff 😄
Same, no issue with Geelong until their current coach continually ran us down and belittled our team even as we started replacing them as the dominant Vic side 2017-onwards.

Steve Hocking’s slamming the comical ‘stand rule’ in, after his beloved cats lost a GF, almost sans consultation except for a test run of the rule at Kardinia Park, and months out from taking the CEO position at the Cats, will endure as one of the great disgraces of the game.

I reckon if you asked the average Cat fan on the street, even they wouldn’t have wanted to win that way.

No pride in that at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same, no issue with Geelong until their current coach continually ran us down and belittled our team even as we started replacing them as the dominant Vic side 2017-onwards.

Steve Hocking’s slamming the comical ‘stand rule’ in, after his beloved cats lost a GF, almost sans consultation except for a test run of the rule at Kardinia Park, and months out from taking the CEO position at the Cats, will endure as one of the great disgraces of the game.

I reckon if you asked the average Cat fan on the street, even they wouldn’t have wanted to win that way.

No pride in that at all.
Yep. When your not quite good enough, just change the rules to suit your own style of play to get you over the line.

But it's not the only example.

Remember when the Danger started to lobby the afl to keep the quarters permanently shorter post Covid because the aging cats couldnt run out games and were getting belted in last quarters? 🤣

Or a rule change to count VFA premierships 🤣🤣

No wonder their fans can't cope with simple things like opposition barracking loudly. Everything is unfair always 🤣🤣🤣

You seriously trying to claim that Geelongs outs last night remotely resemble those
Dangerfield the only name mentioned within a sniff of that trio, and he goes missing way more often than Pendle

I'd say 4 AFL flags is more than ok and 1 more than the tugers if you count the compromised 2020 cup.
Most learned footy fans know that premierships in the suburban league prior to 1990 came down to zoning and cash. Something the tugers took advantage of.
I find your comment about the coach whining a little hypocritical. Dimma must be one of the most entitled whiney wa$%kers going around.
As for other supporters outside the tugers and maybe hawks hating the cats I'd need more proof of that outside your pent up passive aggressiveness.
Are you ok bud?

Yeah mate,

I'd say 4 AFL flags is more than ok and 1 more than the tugers if you count the compromised 2020 cup.
Most learned footy fans know that premierships in the suburban league prior to 1990 came down to zoning and cash. Something the tugers took advantage of.
I find your comment about the coach whining a little hypocritical. Dimma must be one of the most entitled whiney wa$%kers going around.
As for other supporters outside the tugers and maybe hawks hating the cats I'd need more proof of that outside your pent up passive aggressiveness.
Are you ok bud?
Exhibit A 🤣

No pride in that at all.
In fairness to Scott, he just articulated what everyone else thinks. The Richmond era just does not compare to Brisbane's, Hawthorn's or Geelongs.

The general consensus is that the game is the most attractive it has been for decades due to Hocking's changes. But if you wish to believe this conspiracy along with your other aggrieved tuger supporters to make you feel better about the sun setting on the tugers era, all power to you.

In fairness to Scott, he just articulated what everyone else thinks. The Richmond era just does not compare to Brisbane's, Hawthorn's or Geelongs.

The general consensus is that the game is the most attractive it has been for decades due to Hocking's changes. But if you wish to believe this conspiracy along with your other aggrieved tuger supporters to make you feel better about the sun setting on the tugers era, all power to you.
Where’s that consensus reported? I think most fans hate the stand rule.

Not at all and honestly never felt that way with Richmond.
You want to know who really does that to us ..... Hawthorn.
Owned us in the 80's and pretty much did so when Geelong were at the peak of their powers.

Richmond always return to becoming irrelevant for decades on end. Flash in the pan.
You will not make finals this season and that will be it for a long time again 😄
keep being in denial LOL

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back