Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 97 40.8%
  • Dusty

Votes: 147 61.8%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 79 33.2%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 55 23.1%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 68 28.6%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 65 27.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Make no mistake.. the AFL are going to end up shooting themselves in the foot, trying to grow the game! Why would people from growth areas such as NSW, NZ and QLD want to follow the AFL when they know the sport revolves around Geelong?? The league is becoming too Geelong centric, and the issue needs to be fixed!

It's bad enough with the accusations of Victoria bias.. but the real issue is Geelong bias!
Yeah, imagine if they didn't have to play home finals at their opponent's home ground.

Surely this belongs in Bay 13.

There isn't anything extraordinary about the Cats, they just draft well, trade well and develop well. We are in a time of unparalleled shitness across the competition. It is making reasonable clubs look exceptional.

They may be our rivals but it's hard not to respect Geelong.

Their demise has been predicted every year since 2010 and they just keep coming. They've gone from their own dynasty, to Hawthorn's biggest rival during our own dynasty, then Richmond's biggest rival during thiers and as both those teams dropped away, Geelong has just kept fronting up.

They should be called the Geelong cockroaches or something. They just don't go away and every time you think you've got them beaten, they're back again.

"Geelong's domination will stunt the AFL's growth long term"

View attachment 2101807
People in other countries aren't going to follow the AFL.. when they know it's the GFL first and foremost.

NZ aren't interested.. China aren't interested, as we have seen with past attempts to tap into those markets. Good luck with attempting to grow a Geelong centric sport internationally.. that is all I can say.

Ahh the Salty tears.

Get a cup to catch them all. Enjoy the wilderness of the rebuilds.

GO Catters

Agreed. Geelong or Sydney have been in the prelims every year since 2005 its tiresome

The top end of the AFL ladder is becoming bloated with teams that never go down by AFL design. With the Swans it's created an environment where anything other than winning most home games will collapse like a ponzi scheme as soon as they actually experience AFL equalisation. It means they'll have to be artificially propped up forever, all while the compliant media pretend it's "bloods culture" or genius recruiting.

People are shocked that we've got the two Sydney teams playing each other in finals for the fourth time in a decade while SA vs SA has happened once and we've never seen WA vs WA. Gee I wonder what could have caused it!

Agreed. Geelong or Sydney have been in the prelims every year since 2005 its tiresome
Don't forget us ;)

Prelim appearances from Geelong, Sydney and Collingwood since 2005.

2005 = Sydney
2006 = Sydney
2007 = Geelong, Collingwood
2008 = Geelong
2009 = Geelong, Collingwood
2010 = Collingwood, Geelong
2011 = Geelong, Collingwood
2012 = Sydney, Collingwood
2013 = Geelong, Sydney
2014 = Sydney
= Geelong, Sydney
2017 = Geelong
2018 = Collingwood
2019 = Geelong, Collingwood
2020 = Geelong
2021 = Geelong
2022 = Geelong, Sydney, Collingwood
2023 = Collingwood
2024 = Geelong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People in other countries aren't going to follow the AFL.. when they know it's the GFL first and foremost.

NZ aren't interested.. China aren't interested, as we have seen with past attempts to tap into those markets. Good luck with attempting to grow a Geelong centric sport internationally.. that is all I can say.

People in other countries have had 127 years to try and follow the game. They aren’t Going to start now anyway.

People in other countries also aren’t so stupid.

Make no mistake.. the AFL are going to end up shooting themselves in the foot, trying to grow the game! Why would people from growth areas such as NSW, NZ and QLD want to follow the AFL when they know the sport revolves around Geelong?? The league is becoming too Geelong centric, and the issue needs to be fixed!

It's bad enough with the accusations of Victoria bias.. but the real issue is Geelong bias!
I have two words for you, in no particular order:

“Hoo” and “Boo”

Still trying to figure out how they've fleeced $60m from the state government to upgrade Alphabet stadium, but Hawthorn have needed to start a Go Fund Me to finish off their new training base, despite also asking for assistance from the same government.
That is kind of a bizarre take. Hawthorn have neither paid for the MCG or Launceston. Not sure why any government should be paying for Hawthorns private training ground?

Fair play to Geelong - 14 prelims since 2004 is phenomenal.

You nail it again.
This is a Beatles in the 60’s level streak

They may be our rivals but it's hard not to respect Geelong.

Their demise has been predicted every year since 2010 and they just keep coming. They've gone from their own dynasty, to Hawthorn's biggest rival during our own dynasty, then Richmond's biggest rival during thiers and as both those teams dropped away, Geelong has just kept fronting up.

They should be called the Geelong cockroaches or something. They just don't go away and every time you think you've got them beaten, they're back again.
I think Geelong and Hawthorn have a mutual respect as well run clubs on and off the field.

Lots of clubs consider Geelong to be their rivals, but Geelong only think that about Hawthorn I reckon.

Glad we're unlikely to meet the Hawks this year :)

Yet NM can’t get past the bottom 4 in the ladder …salty much?

I am having a got at my club as well. I am not having a go at Geelong, you have got a number of mediocre players replacing stars that are playing solid football. It isn't just Geelong, it is Hawthorn as well, with not a whole lot of investment has made huge strides because the competition as a whole is really shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still trying to figure out how they've fleeced $60m from the state government to upgrade Alphabet stadium, but Hawthorn have needed to start a Go Fund Me to finish off their new training base, despite also asking for assistance from the same government.
Didn't Hawthorn get Waverley Park for $1?

Don't forget us ;)

Prelim appearances from Geelong, Sydney and Collingwood since 2005.

2005 = Sydney
2006 = Sydney
2007 = Geelong, Collingwood
2008 = Geelong
2009 = Geelong, Collingwood
2010 = Collingwood, Geelong
2011 = Geelong, Collingwood
2012 = Sydney, Collingwood
2013 = Geelong, Sydney
2014 = Sydney
= Geelong, Sydney
2017 = Geelong