• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread;

‘My opinion is Geelong will win’
Swans fan - ‘LMFAO! Dreaming, haha, your club is shit’

‘My opinion is Sydney will win’
Geelong fan - ‘LMFAO! Dreaming, haha, your club is shit’

So conclusions are; you can’t have an opinion on a public forum if your team isn’t in the GF or you’re team is ‘shit’ according to Swans or Geelong fans.

The 5 grand finals this century we have played have all been nail biters bar 2014's loss to Hawthron. Once just once id like to be able to enjoy a premiership win without requiring a quadruple bypass at the final siren....however I don't think this will happen....its gonna be very tight.
What happened in those GF has nothing to do with next week.

*edited, sorry, I now know what you mean.

Fair bump, play on.

I'll fill in the poll and make a more considered prediction later in the week after Denise returns to the Government farm. Right now, Swans look a bit unready, they need another year. In H1 they played brilliantly and blunted the Pies. They couldn't keep it up, typical of excited young men, and Reid being subbed, and Pies improving their offensive pressure, saw the Swans panic and fumble a bit. I think they were slightly exposed by Pies H2, the forward line relied on little fellow effort, they couldn't control the ball. Cats will cruise to a win, and Punt Rd will enter a 2 week wake.

Footy fans tend to have Dory-type memories, but I’m surprised at how many responses assume that the season began on Friday night.
Both the grand finalists prevailed in incredibly tight finals against Collingwood, and had relatively easy wins in their other game. If anything, the Cats could have easily lost against the Pies - the Pies has two snaps to go to the lead very late - whereas the Swans were only under pressure for the last minute or so.
The Swans tall defenders may manage the Cats tall forwards better than any one else’s could.
And Hickey is a no nonsense ruckman who may physically dominate his historically softer opponents.
Swans by a couple of goals.

I'll fill in the poll and make a more considered prediction later in the week after Denise returns to the Government farm. Right now, Swans look a bit unready, they need another year. In H1 they played brilliantly and blunted the Pies. They couldn't keep it up, typical of excited young men, and Reid being subbed, and Pies improving their offensive pressure, saw the Swans panic and fumble a bit. I think they were slightly exposed by Pies H2, the forward line relied on little fellow effort, they couldn't control the ball. Cats will cruise to a win, and Punt Rd will enter a 2 week wake.
Swans are on a 10 game streak in which they played 4 qtrs in all but the last qtr yesterday. We match up well against Geelong and battered them earlier in the year. Flip of a coin imo.

Swans are on a 10 game streak in which they played 4 qtrs in all but the last qtr yesterday. We match up well against Geelong and battered them earlier in the year. Flip of a coin imo.
We shall see.

If Geelong wins. Its expected

If Sydney wins. BigFooty will be insane. Not with Swans fans but people getting into the Cats.

Cats best team all year. 2 games and % clear. Home(ish) team. Lost GF 2 years ago and been up there for a long time.

I Think this time they'll do it

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Geelong wins. Its expected

If Sydney wins. BigFooty will be insane. Not with Swans fans but people getting into the Cats.

Cats best team all year. 2 games and % clear. Home(ish) team. Lost GF 2 years ago and been up there for a long time.

I Think this time they'll do it

Sydney match up pretty well on Geelong. I don't think Sydney are favourites but in saying that I think we do have a reasonable chance next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cats by 34 points.
Jeremy Cameron to be the difference and 4 goals from him.
Will just highlight how the new club in Western Sydney have blown their chance in the first generation to not win a flag with the list they had in his time there and he will win one at another club.

This thread;

‘My opinion is Geelong will win’
Swans fan - ‘LMFAO! Dreaming, haha, your club is s**t’

‘My opinion is Sydney will win’
Geelong fan - ‘LMFAO! Dreaming, haha, your club is s**t’

So conclusions are; you can’t have an opinion on a public forum if your team isn’t in the GF or you’re team is ‘s**t’ according to Swans or Geelong fans.
The intent here was for us neutral supporters to predict who would win.. leaving Cats/Swans to Duke it out in the game day thread.

But the admins haven't made that thread so they come in here

In the AFL's so called 'equalisation' world these 2 teams after 20 odd years of being up there should now be struggling, down the bottom, rebuilding, having off field boardroom meltdowns etc. Instead they're playing off in a GF... Can't quite get excited over next week. It feels like it's still 2010. Maybe Geelong as they probably have done the hard yards the past few years and have been at least watchable this year.
Go follow the WWE if you want a scripted results!

Sydney match up pretty well on Geelong. I don't think Sydney are favourites but in saying that I think we do have a reasonable chance next week.
For sure Swans have a chance. But I'd say Cats will be favs.

Sportsbet:

Geel: $1.58
Syd: $2.39

Either be close then blow out or early blow out and hold Swans at 6-7 goal gap

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Geelong v Sydney GF. Neutral supporter prediction/analysis

Back