Opinion Geelong v Sydney GF. Neutral supporter prediction/analysis

Who will win the flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Liking the sounds of a draw at full time.
In a dog eat dog extra time extravaganza, Geelong to prevail with Hawkins sealing the deal taking a clutch mark (Leo Barryesque) in the dying seconds.

We smashed the Dees in the Prelim before winning our 94 and 18 flags while in 94 our GF opponents had a classic Prelim win v NM and in 18 the Pies had that crazy upset over Rich in the Prelim.

Maybe sometimes a thrilling Prelim takes it out of a team?

Saying that I remember 2007 Cats v Pies prelim was classic and Port flogged NM and then 119 happened.

Arrrggh who knows.

Hope it's close, well umpired and full of great moments.

Good luck to both

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Geelong of the last decade have fallen at the last hurdle on every occasion, so until they’ve climbed they’ve finished the race in front I’ll have to back in the Swans.
Strange logic, this. In the last decade the Swans have lost two flags, whilst Geelong has only lost one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obvious call but whilst neither has won back to back or three in a row, it’s clear these two teams have been the most consistent teams since the mid 2000s and it’s criminal that they’ve never met in a grand final in that time.
Both of these clubs are now heading into their sixth grand final in the last seventeen years. Geelong have won three flags and Sydney two. It's pretty amazing that they haven't met in a granny. With that record, you can't deny that these have been two of the powerhouse clubs since 2005. Six grand finals - a lot of clubs would be lucky to make one.

How many grand finals has each club played in from 2005 onwards?

Adelaide 1 (1 loss)
Brisbane 0
Carlton 0
Collingwood 4 (1 win, 2 losses, 1 draw)
Essendon 0
Fremantle 1 (1 loss)
Geelong 5 (3 wins, 2 losses)
GWS 1 (1 loss)
Gold Coast 0
Hawthorn 5 (4 wins, 1 loss)
Melbourne 1 (1 win)
North Melbourne 0
Port Adelaide 1 (1 loss)
Richmond 3 (3 wins)
St Kilda 3 (0 wins, 2 losses, 1 draw)
Sydney 5 (2 wins, 3 losses)
Western Bulldogs 2 (1 win, 1 loss)
West Coast 4 (2 wins, 2 losses)

St Kilda 3 (0 wins, 2 losses, 1 draw)
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

The Geelong of the last decade have fallen at the last hurdle on every occasion, so until they’ve climbed they’ve finished the race in front I’ll have to back in the Swans.

They are literally playing a team who has done exactly the same thing only they’ve done it in the actual last hurdle more often

Liking the sounds of a draw at full time.
In a dog eat dog extra time extravaganza, Geelong to prevail with Hawkins sealing the deal taking a clutch mark (Leo Barryesque) in the dying seconds.
My brain instantly associated “dog eat dog” with hotdog, so I reckon a draw at full time with the winner to be determined in a hotdog eating competition. Clubs nominate three each.

Geelong go in with:
Hawkins, Kolo and Danger

Sydney go with:
Horse, Hickey and Franklin

Reckon it goes down to the wire, Hawkins coming in clutch with a four banger dry swallow to get them over the line. He’ll be chaired off spewing up hotdogs and milk and instead of a Gatorade shower it’ll be a hotdog and milk shower. One for the ages.

You had the easier prelim in 2020 too.

Richmond looked shot when they beat Port
Fair but we can play this game all day. 2019 tigers had the easier prelim and GWS fell in over Collingwood.

But to be honest it’s not going to have any relevance at all.
Swans will recharge and come out breathing fire. It will be close and go down to the wire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Geelong v Sydney GF. Neutral supporter prediction/analysis

Back