VFL Geelong VFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half back/wing. If Smith needs a rest he could play that role. Otherwise get him in for Kolo or Zuthrie.
That's a wide degree of flexibility. Probably the most likely to get a game. Pretty good considering they were apparently umming ahhing about whether they should take him or leave a msd position available

No offence but you didn’t need to watch the game to know that.

We don’t have one single player at either end outside of Neale (whose a ruck) on the list. They don’t magically pop up on game day. We carpet bombed the Draft last year searching for value on mids who weren’t yet the finished product.

It’s a huge issue.

Its something we need to rectify ..yet id not say we have enough quality in the young mids either.

Maybe complete lack was an exaggeration... but if be a little more comfortable if he was signed to us for anotehr couple of years...if he is the only KPP in development ..it would hurt if decided to pack up stumps etc.

We do have one list spot left ..I guess that gives us some flexibility if we see someone we like.

How did he play... busy.. did not see the game.
I only saw one quarter and he was OK. Kicked a lovely set shot from the boundary on the outer side.

Only watched the first half but all of Stephens, Whyte, Dempsey and Stevens showed promise. Knevitt did some nice things too apart from fluffing a point blank shot. Narkle was solid too as you'd expect. Only my first time seeing most of them but there's a fair bit to work with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see that the twos can dial up the insipid at will as well. That last quarter was very ordinary. Not totally sure whether they just entirely eased off or all the young bodies just ran out of puff. Either way, it's not all that promising when you consider we'll play much better teams than the Bombers this year.

After watching the entire game, I've now got the slows on promoting Stephens for next week too. Didn't run the game out all that well.

MOC looked OK and Miers was just your typical Gryan. Apart from those two, surely nobody's seriously expecting a promotion based on that effort.

Really happy with Ling's game. And glimpses from Dempsey, Whyte and even Knevitt were encouraging. But that last trio don't look ready for seniors any time soon. So hopefully this development year will really work for them in the long term.

Next week against the Pies VFL team already shapes as a real (and welcome) challenge for the group.
Sounds like we will def have Higgins back, also Miers, Ceglar, and MOC- listening to CS.
Maybe Narkle gets in as well.
Selwood or Smith to get a rest next week, for sure.
Not sure if DeK will be available, or more importantly, fully recovered.

Didn't see him, or notice, either way.
Knevitt looks lively but isn't ready, Ollie Cooper and Cooper Whyte look like quality talent in time, didn't really pay attention to much else, and missed decent amount of the game.

A year of VFL would be normal for most of the first year kids..I see Demp kicked some goals again...

I suspect that unless someone blows everone away with their performance then the same old will be mostly picked till we reach a point where playing kids is more advantageous than results.

Watched the whole game.

O'Connor and Miers come back in. Ceglar played a physical ruck role. I'm starting to wonder that all we do when playing a 'mobile ruck' is concede both the hitouts and the roving.

Apparently, Jake Kolodjashnij tried to get to the game, but took a wrong turn and ended up back in Sydney. Hard to tell, because the coaching staff are blaming a congested highway.

Watched the whole game.

O'Connor and Miers come back in. Ceglar played a physical ruck role. I'm starting to wonder that all we do when playing a 'mobile ruck' is concede both the hitouts and the roving.

Apparently, Jake Kolodjashnij tried to get to the game, but took a wrong turn and ended up back in Sydney. Hard to tell, because the coaching staff are blaming a congested highway.
just as well- we would have lost by 6 goals.

How is he kicking his goals. Marks? ground ball?.. 12 shots at goal is promising.
Today, One off the ground and two set shots (I think one mark and one free). The big thing about Dempsey for mine is he seems to be a natural reader of the game and runs hard to good spots. Has a great leap as well. For a kid with a limited exposure to the game he is very confident and wants the ball.

I also like the look of Cooper Whyte. He is small but quick and has a nice left leg. Tackles hard and gets to contests.

The other player (non listed) that caught my eye was number 68 Keely. Quick, good overhead played out of defence but often ran hard forward. Nice goal from 45m on the run .

Today, One off the ground and two set shots (I think one mark and one free). The big thing about Dempsey for mine is he seems to be a natural reader of the game and runs hard to good spots. Has a great leap as well. For a kid with a limited exposure to the game he is very confident and wants the ball.

I also like the look of Cooper Whyte. He is small but quick and has a nice left leg. Tackles hard and gets to contests.

The other player (non listed) that caught my eye was number 68 Keely. Quick, good overhead played out of defence but often ran hard forward. Nice goal from 45m on the run .
Agree with all of that. Apart from the name of #68. Feely, I think.

Sounds like we will def have Higgins back, also Miers, Ceglar, and MOC- listening to CS.
Maybe Narkle gets in as well.
Selwood or Smith to get a rest next week, for sure.
Not sure if DeK will be available, or more importantly, fully recovered.
They can't all play, though. Gryan's upfield role is being beautifully played by Close right now. So unless he's going to stay at home closer to goal, I don't see the need. Ceglar is either not ready or not up to it, or both. And Higgins and Quinton are both strong candidates to be the sub at this point.

So from the potential 'ins' you mention here, I'd only be prioritising MOC and the King.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back