VFL Geelong VFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who we got available on this one? Playing Sunday so emergencies can play too.

Willis probably still limited minutes?
Probably Ceglar to seniors and Conway back?
Knevitt, Dempsey, Stephens, Stevens, Narkle, Dahlhaus, Sav, Evans all in

Only Kroeger and Whyte still out?

From the injury report (which i rarely believe) evans is a test to play vfl. Kroeger is gone for the year,whyte and higgins still a bit away.
Sounds like menegola and parfitt will both play either afl or vfl.
Ceglar will be rucking afl so conway will be rucking vfl (if right from concussion) with help from tsapa/abbott etc.

So vfl side could have all of
Narkle
Neale (if dropped)
Stephens
Stevens
Evans
Conway
Tsapa
Willis
Knevitt
Dempsey
Dahl
Sav

Plus potentially zuthrie avail (if dropped)but as always we will probably rest a couple from the afl side so a couple of guys (ie zuthrie)might play afl or be rested from vfl.

Seems like this weekend's match has been moved to Ballarat.... Same day, Same time, just no longer at GMHBA
Where did you see location? I heard it wasn’t going to be at Gmhba (concern about surface?) but hadn’t heard where it was going. Ballarat doesn’t seem that close? Was hoping Deakin Geelong instead!

Where did you see location? I heard it wasn’t going to be at Gmhba (concern about surface?) but hadn’t heard where it was going. Ballarat doesn’t seem that close? Was hoping Deakin Geelong instead!
Deakin should never be used for VFL or VFLW football, terrible facilities for umpires, players, and supporters. Correct around the concern of the surface.

It was on Coburg's twitter early and commentator Brendan Rhodes twitter now confirmed by VFL twitter.

From the injury report (which i rarely believe) evans is a test to play vfl. Kroeger is gone for the year,whyte and higgins still a bit away.
Sounds like menegola and parfitt will both play either afl or vfl.
Ceglar will be rucking afl so conway will be rucking vfl (if right from concussion) with help from tsapa/abbott etc.

So vfl side could have all of
Narkle
Neale (if dropped)
Stephens
Stevens
Evans
Conway
Tsapa
Willis
Knevitt
Dempsey
Dahl
Sav

Plus potentially zuthrie avail (if dropped)but as always we will probably rest a couple from the afl side so a couple of guys (ie zuthrie)might play afl or be rested from vfl.
Not really a strong experienced vfl team again.
said it before but I do hope they fix it for next year with some more experience on vfl list. The afl players I assume will be the same in terms of low availability given the age of afl list (injuries and managed) so the your]ng afl players playing vfl really need some mature bodies and experience each week around them.

i have some hope this week that either a Parfitt or Gola will play vfl to fine tune for the rest of the season. That will be a great addition

although I am hearing there are definitely a couple of outs in afl (that won’t play vfl) so…

VFL Round 16 Team

Ins:
B. Parfitt, T. Conway, C. Stephens, S. Menegola

Outs: J. Ceglar, J.Evans, M. Chafer, B. Lloyd (H&S Protocols), D. Weigl

Team:

Backs50. D. Capiron81. A. Byrne27. S. Menegola
Half Backs37. S. Simpson56. L. Waddell21. N. Stevens
Centreline52. J. McLachlan12. C. Stephens47. M. Ling
Half Forwards40. L. Dahlhaus17. E. Ratugolea3. B. Parfitt
Forwards41. Z. Williams33. S Neale28. O Dempsey
Followers6. T. Conway19. Q. Narkle10. M. Knevitt
Interchange58. K. Chalcraft57. J. Chalcraft20. J. Willis
36. P. Tsapatolis31. F. Evans
23rd Player58. K. Chalcraft
Emergencies65. J. Evans 53. C. Sprague75. T. Lovell
73. Z. Zdybel68. T. Feely.89. L. Bond

P
VFL Round 16 Team

Ins:
B. Parfitt, T. Conway, C. Stephens, S. Menegola

Outs: J. Ceglar, J.Evans, M. Chafer, B. Lloyd (H&S Protocols), D. Weigl

Team:

Backs50. D. Capiron81. A. Byrne27. S. Menegola
Half Backs37. S. Simpson56. L. Waddell21. N. Stevens
Centreline52. J. McLachlan12. C. Stephens47. M. Ling
Half Forwards40. L. Dahlhaus17. E. Ratugolea3. B. Parfitt
Forwards41. Z. Williams33. S Neale28. O Dempsey
Followers6. T. Conway19. Q. Narkle10. M. Knevitt
Interchange58. K. Chalcraft57. J. Chalcraft20. J. Willis
36. P. Tsapatolis31. F. Evans
23rd Player58. K. Chalcraft
Emergencies65. J. Evans53. C. Sprague75. T. Lovell
73. Z. Zdybel68. T. Feely.89. L. Bond

pretty good looking team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I am hearing SAV is going to play backline in VFL Sunday. That could be interesting. Worth a try maybe to get him into the game? Our vfl backline has been undersized all year.

Not sure how he will go footy smarts wise but maybe just needs to follow the tall forward

Last edited:
They have Menegola in the side but he is out
As per the article:

Sam Menegola has also been named, but remains unlikely to play following some knee concerns.

"He's just got a little bit of a sore knee and he made a recovery yesterday to the point where we thought he was some chance, so when that happens we put them in the squad,” Senior Coach Chris Scott told media on Friday.

Doubt he plays, but at this stage only confirmed he's ruled out as an emergency for the seniors

So I am hearing SAV is going to play backline in VFL Sunday. That could be interesting. Worth a try maybe to get him into the game? Our vfl backline has been undersized all year.

Not sure how he will go footy smarts wise but maybe just needs to follow the tall forward

Good finally like to see this tried.

Huge fan of this, the position is a lot more forgiving.

I think ist worth a try. He lacks the intuition etc.. but he should be one heck of an intercept mark

Sav has no footy brain in footy terms he is a dumb dumb he will always have the odd good game, but will never be consistent
Can’t disagree (which probably means I agree but feel bad in saying it!) but I am hoping that he just follows around the tall forward and see how he goes. He does have some good parts to his game. He isn’t a ruckman and hasnt really dominated as a foreward - so I don’t mind them having a crack at this as a bit of a Hail Mary?

Can’t disagree (which probably means I agree but feel bad in saying it!) but I am hoping that he just follows around the tall forward and see how he goes. He does have some good parts to his game. He isn’t a ruckman and hasnt really dominated as a foreward - so I don’t mind them having a crack at this as a bit of a Hail Mary?
I am sure this is his last chance, i think yeah good luck to him i hope can can turn it around, but i also want to win tattslotto

It's not the worst idea. Generally though when talls struggle at one end then move to the other they're destined for delisting at Geelong. Lonergan the exception..

It's not the worst idea. Generally though when talls struggle at one end then move to the other they're destined for delisting at Geelong. Lonergan the exception..

I think he is getting close to using up chances. Ther are other examples of player like him making it in D...although its probably more important than ever to be able to kick it to a team mate and hole possession. Blitz turned the ball over enough and he is probably a similar kick.I think to at least look at it before the decision to delist hims is smart. Its not like we have other gusy who he would deny game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back