VFL Geelong VFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Liam Jones can make it as a backman....

Sav can too.

I suggested a long time ago to out him back there and be lead to the ball. Hes big, strong, quick and athletic and we know hes got a great goal line spoil.

Might be a horrible disaster but at least give him a 4 week go at it.

GO Catters

Is it a fair suggestion that if Ratugolea is being tried down back in the VFL that his chances of senior selection again this year are pretty slim?

Would think it's unlikely we're going to be selecting him to play as a KPD in the seniors, and if they thought he was a chance to come into the team either as a forward or for ruck support, then surely he you continue to play him in that role rather than a late season switch of position.

Not sure if our VFL team will play finals, but could this then also be about list spot considerations & that if he shows enough as a defender over the next month that it gives us reason to keep him for the final year of his contract, but if the coaches are still scratching their head in a months time then maybe all options are on the table?

Is it a fair suggestion that if Ratugolea is being tried down back in the VFL that his chances of senior selection again this year are pretty slim?

Would think it's unlikely we're going to be selecting him to play as a KPD in the seniors, and if they thought he was a chance to come into the team either as a forward or for ruck support, then surely he you continue to play him in that role rather than a late season switch of position.

Not sure if our VFL team will play finals, but could this then also be about list spot considerations & that if he shows enough as a defender over the next month that it gives us reason to keep him for the final year of his contract, but if the coaches are still scratching their head in a months time then maybe all options are on the table?
Agree. If nothing changes then he isn’t in the mix (even if KPF opens up due to injury they probably have scratcher ahead)

Frankly he ain’t making it as a forward nor ruck but has some talent they maybe want to not give up on (and investment they have put in). So I suppose why not have a crack at KPD.

As you say no role in afl now (and hopefully one doesn’t open up this year!) but looking forward to 2023 it gives his a chance to extend afl career with cats or someone else if he has a few good games and shows promise? Otherwise I suspect he is done.

From what I see he looks like a great team man so I really hope he takes to it

If Liam Jones can make it as a backman....

Sav can too.

I suggested a long time ago to out him back there and be lead to the ball. Hes big, strong, quick and athletic and we know hes got a great goal line spoil.

Might be a horrible disaster but at least give him a 4 week go at it.

GO Catters
I don't think he can.

Could be worth a try for last part of the year, but I'd be looking to trade or delist him. If we can find another Key Position to replace him, I would.

I don't think he can.

Could be worth a try for last part of the year, but I'd be looking to trade or delist him. If we can find another Key Position to replace him, I would.
He still has a year left so we can't delist without his permission and i don't think we would even consider it.

As for a trade that would be nice but i can't actually see anyone taking him.

So that leaves trying to make him useful and if we have given up on him as a ruck/forward trying him in defence can't hurt especially since our VFL side has a sever lack of tall defenders.

I think they'll do something like that at the end of the year, sit him down and tell him he's not working out like they'd hoped as a forward/ruck and he's far down the pecking order, that perhaps use the pre-season to train and work as a backman and see how he does.
Play 2 months down back in the VFL and judge the form from there, but I still don't see him playing any meaningful AFL games from here, just hasn't improved enough in any role to warrant it. Shame, great athlete and a ripper bloke.

Its a combination of two things.

One the vfl team is short on kpds but has tall forwards so we need to plug a hole but two his career is stagnating and this is a way we can try to revive it before he ends up traded/delisted.

Its a combination of two things.

One the vfl team is short on kpds but has tall forwards so we need to plug a hole but two his career is stagnating and this is a way we can try to revive it before he ends up traded/delisted.
In hindsight (although I think some on this board called for it) I wish they had of done it earlier. But i suppose they had to give his a shot post injury. What has become obvious over past month when playing side by side with scratcher is that Neale has gone past him as forward back up.

So last chance for sav is a new role. Plus as you say vfl team needs it!

Have made the trip (thinking a long time since I have been to Ballarat). Slightly regretting it already as it is very very very cold. And high winds. And that is down the Main Street!

Might be a pretty sub standard game of footy I suspect! Tough conditions

Have made the trip (thinking a long time since I have been to Ballarat). Slightly regretting it already as it is very very very cold. And high winds. And that is down the Main Street!

Might be a pretty sub standard game of footy I suspect! Tough conditions
Brave man going to Ballarat, yep it will be windy and feel like it is coming off the mountains

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Esava certainly doesn’t look like a natural defender but worth looking at.
We are once again looking very poor in the vfl. Poor choice to not replace the mature vfl listed players we had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back