Game Day Geelong Vs Fremantle - Elimination Final

Remove this Banner Ad

That shot of Scott vs Lyon in the box is great. It is a far cry from the stunned mullet look of Harvey over the years. Nioe to know that we might get outplayed, but we won't be outcoached.

I'm struggling to think of when they've shown Lyon and he hasn't been on the phone or at least talking to others around him. And usually quite calmly. Some of the carry on from the Scotts and Buckley is laughable. Buckley just sits there smashing the phone on the table and yelling at the umpires. Complete bogan, I think he is incapable of muttering a sentence without saying "f&*#".

It was so weird because we were dominating the Cats and Chris Scott sat there with his arms crossed and his bottom lip out. He didn't wasn't the phone making changes or baking his players he just looked really pissed off not looking like he was doing much of anything.

Ross Lyon never got off the phone and you could see him directing and coaching. I'll never forget that 3rd qtr spray he gave the boys after they got the lead out to 38 points.

That was not a "pissed off" look from Scott, it mirrored his brother's look and Buckley's look, I call it a "duhhhh, what do I do" look. "Herp derp"...

Lyon outcoached Scott, much like Buckley was outcoached by Clarkson.

An article from Perth Now about the commentators:

Here was their big moment - the Dockers blitzing the Cats beyond belief - yet the Seven commentary during Saturday night's elimination final persistently, and annoyingly, suggested otherwise.

Despite Fremantle's surprise dominance throughout the clash with the reigning premiers, television commentators Brian Taylor and Luke Darcy seemed hellbent on a Geelong comeback, ever vocal any time the Cats scored and airing their confidence at a come-from-behind Geelong victory.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/car...inners-all-along/story-e6frg12c-1226471102405

To be honest I didn't mind it that much, purely because I enjoy BT, but can definitely see others being annoyed.

Time to go home then, or the closest pub.
Time to leave methinks ;)
Time to go home then! Our new Bub is due today. If both mother and child are considerate they will hold off for another 4 or so hours!

Appreciate the advice everyone. They were Eagles supporters too, but considering I'd flown over for it, I thought I'd better stay. Thankfully we got the TV working again.

Did we find out what happened with hoss's baby?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's sad for me as a cats fan to read through the first quarter and half of the afl commentary. You blokes deserved it, and hat tip, fantastic effort, but I can't help to pause and wonder what went on with Geelong. With Scarlo going, it was just soft.

We all love footy. Well played Freo, you won it with an excellent effort. But I reckon it was just sad that a legendary club, for whatever reason, couldn't have made it more of a contest for one of the stars of the game. Of course the GFC is in slightly more pain than me.
Emotion. Bartel's had a broken foot and I was pissed. Funny how drunk non-athletes on a sofa can call wounded athletes soft when the heat is on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Geelong Vs Fremantle - Elimination Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back