Geelong vs. St Kilda - Who do you want to win?

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have to say St Kilda...

I don't really care who wins. Don't really get why people support a team in the GF if their teams not playing. I don't see the need to feel apart of the day and support a team i really don't care about for one game.

It is the supporters of those teams playing day. I can't support another team on unless there is benefit for my team (i.e. the bulldogs coz i would have preferred to play them in a GF than St Kilda had we won). And even then i wasn't too concerned although i felt really bad for the doggie supporters, well as bad as i could.

My only exception has been 97/98 where i openly went for the crows coz i had a mate playing for them. Helped a little being a south aussie i guess but it was really coz he was playing.

Since then i haven't given two stuffs who won outside of 02/03.

I honestly hope we see a few draws leading to 2 - 3 grand final replays over the next few weeks.

I don't want Geelong to win, as it would make a mockery of the media's "best team this decade" tag. And it will be hilarious to see Ablett turn on the woe is me waterworks :D

I don't want St Kilda to win as it would be great to see their premiership drought continue. I'd also like to see Nick have a cry about something else, and add Maxie to that list too :p. Not to mention there are a few scrubs (one being Milne) who don't deserve the 'premiership player' tag.

16 premierships to 1- i think we know about which club knows how to do it.

The club might, but the latest generation of bandwagon supporters clearly don't.

Find me a Carlton supporter that didn't start following on the back of a GF win and I'll show you someone born into Carlton. You attract a certain type.

St. Kilda.
Collingwood supporters are the worst supporters in Victoria, and I would hate to see them win anything.

Thats better. How can a Collingwood fan say another club have the worst fans... Look at your own. Geelong to win :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly st kilda but im incredibly nervous, the cats looked impressive saturday night, they put the pies down brutally, and the saints looked solid against the pies and scratchy against the dogs.

both teams were comfortably catered for by the cats in this series.

the real cats are about after a snooze since round 14.

The club might, but the latest generation of bandwagon supporters clearly don't.

Find me a Carlton supporter that didn't start following on the back of a GF win and I'll show you someone born into Carlton. You attract a certain type.

Does that mean that you can only be a true supporter if you follow a team with a woeful record like the Saints?
I forgot to mention that one of the biggest reasons that i'm going for the cats is that you are the single most provocative tool in Big Footy.

Does that mean that you can only be a true supporter if you follow a team with a woeful record like the Saints?

Of course not.

TBH, it is so typical of the mindset I was describing that you'd automatically assume history has a major bearing on the decision.

I forgot to mention that one of the biggest reasons that i'm going for the cats is that you are the single most provocative tool in Big Footy.
Why thank you.

Quite a compliment. :eek:

I would like to see the Saints win it purely for the true supporters of the club. Sure there are a lot of arrogant Saints supporters but there are also a lot of true supporters who have stuck with them through the bad times.

Geelong tasted success two years ago so their supporters have the memory of it.

Most St Kilda fans aren't so lucky.

Good luck to both teams anyway.

Im going for the saints just cause out of the players playing, nick riewoldt would be my favourite. He's a champ and he deserves it after the year he had.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong vs. St Kilda - Who do you want to win?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back