Resource Geelong YouTube highlights

Remove this Banner Ad

tumblr_m738mbHuza1qzo3zwo1_1280.png

This makes me very happy. Can't remember the last time I smiled for 15 minutes straight like that.

What a player. So unlikely looking yet so brilliantly creative and skilled.

SouthSwans How soon can we see part 2 and will this be a weekly series throughout the season?
I know that there's a lot more than just 15 minutes of pure brilliance from Stevie J- just wondering how much more you're holding back ;)

Great work, I've watched it 3 times so far and I see something that I've missed every time I watch!

Yea…but he's too old…we should have traded him…..:cool:

Great work SouthSwans…thanks …really appreciate it.

What a star Stevie J is….

All the way, with Stevie J.

Last edited:
Thank You, amazing and extraordinary and we will never see another like him. My favourite though is last round against Richmond 2005 at KP and Johnson kicks one lying on his back -better than the one against Essendon.

imagine if only he had a booming kick on him, he has always struggled to kick 50 metres. Not sure if that was always the case or if it had something to do with ankle issues.

agreed Bobby, but he has so much 'touch' with his footskills from up to 45m that it almost doesn't matter.
love both him and Bartel from a set-shot *anywhere* within 50 (Bartel can obviously dob them from outside 50, too, but he is such a neat kick also) ..

Do you remember the 2011 grand final, not sure what quarter it was but Johnson beat his opponent then proceeded to soccer the ball on the outside, so the degree of difficulty was virtually at its highest point but the ball unfortunately shaved the post. Had that have sneaked in, I think it might have been one of the greatest goals I had ever witnessed. You can hear David Schwarz in the background groan in disbelief as it was on it's journey towards goal.
I'm sure if Johnson had another opportunity at that one passage of play, he would have slotted it on the second time around.

haha, yup, here it is at 4m 42s, actually spills the mark then improvises with typical flair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank You, amazing and extraordinary and we will never see another like him. My favourite though is last round against Richmond 2005 at KP and Johnson kicks one lying on his back -better than the one against Essendon.
Yep there were a few clips I had that I wanted to put in from around that time but the quality of the footage I have isn't great. I might have a look around and see if I can dig up a bit more to redo bits of it because I thought there were a couple of average highlights in there that I could replace with better ones.

Yep there were a few clips I had that I wanted to put in from around that time but the quality of the footage I have isn't great. I might have a look around and see if I can dig up a bit more to redo bits of it because I thought there were a couple of average highlights in there that I could replace with better ones.
The only SJ piece that is not that there i could think of( which means you ticked SO many boxes well) was in a game V Pies at MCG maybe 2011 - 2013 we cleared the ball from BP on Member side and SJ got it on Members side at CHB ish.

He running full pelt kicked a ball to either Varcoe / stokes I think and it was a 45m kick, across his body about 4 m off the ground and hit him in stride.

Want to say we goaded (stokes, varcoe or duncan I think) and its one of the most sublime kicks you will ever see. Remarkable.

It is not dissimilar actually to the one you have included agasint Essendon where he hits Billie Smedts after the handball received from Boris ( 20m one I might add)

Go Catters

Do you remember the 2011 grand final, not sure what quarter it was but Johnson beat his opponent then proceeded to soccer the ball on the outside, so the degree of difficulty was virtually at its highest point but the ball unfortunately shaved the post. Had that have sneaked in, I think it might have been one of the greatest goals I had ever witnessed. You can hear David Schwarz in the background groan in disbelief as it was on it's journey towards goal.
I'm sure if Johnson had another opportunity at that one passage of play, he would have slotted it on the second time around.
I was just in that pocket behind him (where he also snapped the goal from). He dropped an absolute pud (degree of difficulty: 1.0) and then a second later almost kicked the most ridiculous goal off the ground (degree of difficulity: 9.9).

I can think of the Richmond off the ground goal, the snap from the pocket in the State of Origin showcase match, him cleaning up James Hird in 2005 EF and a torp for his 6th v Brisbane (early days, his first bag of 6 if I recall) when we were dead ordinary. Anyone got these handy?

That was just a joy to watch. And so many moments by so many great Cats, especially Chapman. Going to be hard to let go of this generation we have had...so I wont! No harm in rewatching 2007-2011 over and over again.

The flair. To play hard, but to play with that flair. It has been some ride so far.

I can think of the Richmond off the ground goal, the snap from the pocket in the State of Origin showcase match, him cleaning up James Hird in 2005 EF and a torp for his 6th v Brisbane (early days, his first bag of 6 if I recall) when we were dead ordinary. Anyone got these handy?

SouthSwans , great effort. just a couple of words

That Richmond goal was the one I was waiting for , City end Moorabool St side pocket..he was on the ground or something like that. And the Hird bump , got a big reaction from the Ess boys yet I remember it as H&S.

And two of my most favourite SJ moments involve the way his brain works under pressure.
In 09 with minutes to , we are all familiar with the Scarlo toe poke , the Ablett long bomb etc ...yet who was iit that took the enormous risk to kick it to the centre of the ground.
Likewize the the last minute V hawks . We all know the Hawkins kick after the siren after the Selwood pass , but who took the risk to centre it Selwood.

Both times when the game had to be won , he took the risk to win rather than take the non risk to avoid loss , to avoid be tar with the "the cause".

On the vid a real nice package , for the most part the perfect blend of commentary and the back ground music. Music nice selection (personally the last song not quite up to the others but that just may be me) . The other thing it show at time he has been able to have a good depth on his kicking when younger, shows how clever he has been to play with his limitations. If there was ever an example of how out right speed is not the only way to avoid tackles he is it

SJ Magic. Im sure he will not be insulted of being associated with that word like some are. He is a magician at time that needs no wand or glitzy female assistant to distract , its all there to see and yet still is amazing.

SouthSwans , great effort. just a couple of words

That Richmond goal was the one I was waiting for , City end Moorabool St side pocket..he was on the ground or something like that. And the Hird bump , got a big reaction from the Ess boys yet I remember it as H&S.

And two of my most favourite SJ moments involve the way his brain works under pressure.
In 09 with minutes to , we are all familiar with the Scarlo toe poke , the Ablett long bomb etc ...yet who was iit that took the enormous risk to kick it to the centre of the ground.
Likewize the the last minute V hawks . We all know the Hawkins kick after the siren after the Selwood pass , but who took the risk to centre it Selwood.

Both times when the game had to be won , he took the risk to win rather than take the non risk to avoid loss , to avoid be tar with the "the cause".

On the vid a real nice package , for the most part the perfect blend of commentary and the back ground music. Music nice selection (personally the last song not quite up to the others but that just may be me) . The other thing it show at time he has been able to have a good depth on his kicking when younger, shows how clever he has been to play with his limitations. If there was ever an example of how out right speed is not the only way to avoid tackles he is it

SJ Magic. Im sure he will not be insulted of being associated with that word like some are. He is a magician at time that needs no wand or glitzy female assistant to distract , its all there to see and yet still is amazing.
I am going to create a countdown of his best goals - that one will be near the top.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Geelong YouTube highlights

Remove this Banner Ad

Back