Team Captain
Oct 6, 2007
burma
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
BLUES
Hey fellas

I was wondering who you believe won't be on the Geelong list next year?

Here are a few I think are in trouble at seasons end.

Kane Tenace
David Johnson
David Wojcinski
Matthew Stokes
Trent West

images

Tenace is way passed his use by date.
I think Lonergan could be a chance to get the chop
Not sure what they will do with Matty Egan..... Really feel sorry for him!
Not sure bout Trent West....
I think stokes, D.Johnson and Wojcinski will all stay
And if the boys happen to bring home the bacon on the last saturday in september there could be a couple of retirees, Harley and Milburn

Yeah I think Stokesy might be up for a trade because he is under a lot of pressure with the good form of Byrnes and the emergence of Varcoe and Djerka with Ranga, Varcoe Mk. II, and Motlop all in lurking the background

I think the time is right for a trade for both parties.

We know that Mark Williams is a fan so I would love to see a trade for Boak!

What would people think of this trade?: Tenace, Stokes and West for Travis Boak

and Boak would replace who in the midfield ?
Stokes won't be going anywhere

Tenace is a goner
West is a possiblity of being traded,maybe at his request
Gamble could be the same as West
Egan [unless there's a miracle],Harley and maybe Milburn will retire
David Johnsons latest injury may well kill off his career at Geelong.Gone for a month then has to fight his way back via the VFL again
Still not sure about Donohue.It may depend on how he finishes off the season in the VFL.

I think Tenace and DJ are out of contract at the end of the year and I can't see either staying at Geelong next year. I'd love to keep DJ for depth but I wouldn't blame him for wanting regular senior opportunities elsewhere - he'll also struggle even more to get a game next year with the return of Hunt.

Can see West and Gamble seeking opportunities elsewhere too. West has been well and truly overtaken by Mumford in the pecking order and while I like Gamble the reality is that he'd be in several team's best 22 and he's not in ours at this point in time. For his own development he could be better suited going elsewhere.

in the next year or two Geelong is going to be force to trade/delist a small forward. I think it is going to be similar to the prismall situation. two many quality bodies for two few spots, someone is gonna end up not getting the playing time they should. I have a feeling that person may very well be mathew stokes. I hope not, I like the little bloke.

Agreed fpm. But if Milburn retires then DJ and Wojak might be still fighting it out for that spot?

I'm loving our depth this year, we've had a fair few injuries and guys like Stokes and Wojak still miss out.

Yeah I think Stokesy might be up for a trade because he is under a lot of pressure with the good form of Byrnes and the emergence of Varcoe and Djerka with Ranga, Varcoe Mk. II, and Motlop all in lurking the background

I think the time is right for a trade for both parties.

I wouldn't cry if a Stokes-based trade yielded Travis Boak, that's for sure.

However, Port Adelaide would laugh at you if you offered Stokes, Tenace and West, which is basically quantity over quality.

It would have to be Stokes plus our first rounder (15-17), and even then they'd probably reject it.

I wouldn't cry if a Stokes-based trade yielded Travis Boak, that's for sure.

However, Port Adelaide would laugh at you if you offered Stokes, Tenace and West, which is basically quantity over quality.

It would have to be Stokes plus our first rounder (15-17), and even then they'd probably reject it.

I reckon that is why the trade works. You see it a bit in the NBA but never in the AFL

AFL trading is pathetic. It's too driven by media perceptions. I am still blown away that Carlton wouldn't give up a round 1 pick for Ryan O'Keefe. He's exactly what they needed and still need. You could see that last week against Essendon with their struggles getting past the half forward line

Back to the point:
That trade is balanced because of the quantity. 3 decent players that would fit plug straight into their squad with no development. Surely that's a good deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i really hope stokesy is not going anywhere. when he gets another chance in the 22 he's gonna take it wiht both hands. if he did go and then if byrnes or varcoe go down wiht injury or get rubbed out for a week or two who would we have to slot in as a replacement for them...

Stokes has done little wrong and as this year has shown injuries can easily come and disrupt the playing list. The new Varcoe and Motlop are at least another year away from playing for club - and there is no certainty they will make it. Depth is all important.

Cannot see Stokes or Gamble being asked to leave - and as trades go (such as Prismall) you do not seem to get that much. So I expect both to be retained.

Surely Tenace, and most likely DJ, will go, and Wojo will stay on with any retirements occurring (most likely Egan). Stokes and Wojo are not that old and still offer some experience and known talent.

We really have to make a decision on the Ruck situation as Mumford is still only classed as a rookie and if we don't promote him we will lose him. I have it from a reliable source close to Mumford's family that there has been a few clubs already prepared to offer him a spot on their list. For me, we can't carry 5 ruckman on our primary list, and Mumford is well ahead of both West and D Simpson at this stage. West is the one who will probably get the chop purely because he has been at the club 3-4 years more than Simpson.

As for the rest we will have to wait until the end of the year. Tenace is one of the certainties to go, and I think you'll find that if we win the flag and even if we don't, Milburn will give it up. The difficult decision will be is if Dasher stays on. DJ's and Lonergan's futures will hinge on whether Egan is able to play on. Lonergan should be safe purely because we don't have much in terms of depth with big guys at the back end.

OUT: West (no opportunity),
Egan (for a big man been out way too long),
Tenace (deserves a shot at another club),
Milburn (great servant and may go if we win it this year),
Harley (refer to the above)
Simpson (too slow?)

UPGRADED: Mummy (may force the Gazelle out also),
Laidler (sup list upgrade),
Edw (see above),

DRAFT: (2 backman, 1 forward)

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong's list in 2010