Geelongs trade bait !

Remove this Banner Ad

jivey

Team Captain
Sep 10, 2003
Toorak
AFL Club
Essendon
outta these players, do you think any of these are tradeable?? or likely to be traded??

bartel, enright, corey, monica, moloney, hunt ??

Probably none of those, Maybe Enright if he was someway involved in a deal that was going to get us a very good player. We've spent 5-6 years gaining the current depth we have, now's not the time to be trading them all away. It simply undoes the good work of the recruting staff who have gotten together almost 35 players who can play competitevely and have an impact at AFL level.

Not many changes need to be made to the list, maybe Trading 1-2 guys who cant get a gig and are expendable (Spriggs, Rahilly and Foster in my books) for 2nd- 3rds round picks, or perhaps a player who hasn't gotten a chance at another club and could possibly blossom at Geelong (as was the case with Sanderson, Kinglsey and Harley).

Tradeable-Yes , Likely Trade- probably not but maybe, forced trade-NO

Ive said many times , there are very few players that are not tradeble on a list. F/S mostly not but we have done that.
Basically what happens on the trade front might depend on our results looking back at Sept from the cosy cool of Oct. If players really want to stay at Geelong even after being told they might stuggle for a game, Im not inclined to kill a loyal player. Most players though know its about playing big time even at a different club.
The money the prestege, the big time is the GIG.
What if we get another Tenace in the draft, Enright would be looking down the barrel at him, Tenace, Byrnes,Moloney and the rest with only Ricco coming close to the end. Adelaide might yet call Enright. Ess/Pies might like Spriggs and Fremantle might want Corey and be willing to play ball, who knows. I am happy to keep them all but I doubt they think of themselve as VFL players

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelongs trade bait !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back