No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At their Cheat Ground, yeah. Did you see them lose to Collingwood & Essendon* earlier in the year? If Richmond brings their best football in a fortnight they will be every chance to knock them off at the MCG.

Yeah I give the tigers a real shot in a QF against the cats at the mcg.. knowing richmond though they will get rolled tomorrow and then lose to the bombers in an EF

They cut the deadwood and got henderson zac smith and scott selwood, and Mr brownlow in one draft. Thats some serious homework theyve done and now reaping the benefits. Gmto think they will get ablett jr scarey to think they might snag a few more premierships. Wells is the man.

So what name do you post under on the Geelong board?

GWS are just wasting everyone's time, and the AFL's money. Most over-rated team in the competition.

The AFL needs to have serious considerations about relocations of both teams. Possibly the Suns up north to Cairns where there's more AFL support and they'll stop cannibalising the support in SEQ between two teams (a fair bit of Suns fans are just locals who jumped off the Lions). GWS needs to be considered as a move to Tassie or full time to Canberra to capture the support in the Riverina and southern NSW and possibly northern Victoria. There's zero chance of the game growing in western Sydney to the level the AFL wants.

Done remarkably well?? Gee I wonder if having the best player in the comp falling in their lap, who's had two Brownlow-level seasons & just happens to play a position they were desperately in need of help in before he arrived has had anything to do with that?

That's a pretty short sighted view. One player doesn't make a team. They are a very stable organisation and they demand excellence. They have a solid administration and a really good culture.

They have recovered really well and are the bench mark in terms of recovery. They have turned over superstars. You have to respect what they have done as a club.

KOLOKOTRONIS

That's a pretty short sighted view. One player doesn't make a team. They are a very stable organisation and they demand excellence. They have a solid administration and a really good culture.

They have recovered really well and are the bench mark in terms of recovery. They have turned over superstars. You have to respect what they have done as a club.

KOLOKOTRONIS
Oh I agree Geelong have done well for themselves - by throwing away their future on a handful of mature-age mercenaries who'll allow them to make up the numbers a little while longer. Meanwhile their youth is close to the worst in the league and depth wafer thin.

All they've done is push the cliff wall back a few years, but by doing so their plunge off the edge will be all the more ghastly and crawling back up the other slower & more painful. Even many of the less-deluded supporters on the Geelong board would agree with this, though good luck finding them among the throng of raving loonies like Nutjob Nakia.
That's without even mentioning the extremely cushy FIXtures they've enjoyed in 2016 & 2017, monumental benefit of playing top teams at their Cheat Ground with their second home ground the MCG just up the road, not to mention perennial umpiring favoritism. (Dangerflog & Duckwood 'earn' more frees than any other players in the league)

So forgive me if I'm not fawning all over the Cats the way you seem to be, an attitude I find repulsive & grotesque coming from a supposed Hawthorn fan. Oh and one more thing - it'll be a cold day in hell before I give the Geelong Football Club one iota of respect or positive feeling of any kind, unless you count me smiling my **** off & bringing flowers to the funeral should the club ever go out of business. Same goes for Essendon* & Sydney who are equally unworthy of respect and deserve to be treated with scorn and contempt.

GEELONG CAN SUCK MY KOCKOKOTRONIS

Err .... Tigers?:$
I find Tiger supporters unbearable and they haven't won anything for 30 years. God help us if they did.
Plus its also kind of funny watching them get their hopes up every year and then crashing and burning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong perfectly positioned unfortunately. Won't have to leave Victoria and have a good record against Giants, Richmond and Adelaide.

There's something not right in Giantland. They looked very disinterested last night. Not one person shepherded or knocked a ball on for a teammate. I think the Kelly saga has hurt them and Shaws personality is unlikely to be helping. They've got the talent to win this but they're not happy.

Oh I agree Geelong have done well for themselves - by throwing away their future on a handful of mature-age mercenaries who'll allow them to make up the numbers a little while longer. Meanwhile their youth is close to the worst in the league and depth wafer thin.

All they've done is push the cliff wall back a few years, but by doing so their plunge off the edge will be all the more ghastly and crawling back up the other slower & more painful. Even many of the less-deluded supporters on the Geelong board would agree with this, though good luck finding them among the throng of raving loonies like Nutjob Nakia.
That's without even mentioning the extremely cushy FIXtures they've enjoyed in 2016 & 2017, monumental benefit of playing top teams at their Cheat Ground with their second home ground the MCG just up the road, not to mention perennial umpiring favoritism. (Dangerflog & Duckwood 'earn' more frees than any other players in the league)

So forgive me if I'm not fawning all over the Cats the way you seem to be, an attitude I find repulsive & grotesque coming from a supposed Hawthorn fan. Oh and one more thing - it'll be a cold day in hell before I give the Geelong Football Club one iota of respect or positive feeling of any kind, unless you count me smiling my **** off & bringing flowers to the funeral should the club ever go out of business. Same goes for Essendon* & Sydney who are equally unworthy of respect and deserve to be treated with scorn and contempt.

GEELONG CAN SUCK MY KOCKOKOTRONIS
Woah, it's not like the Geelong football club have run over your dog... have they? I get what your saying, I hate Geelong and a watching a cats win makes me angrier than a hawks loss these days, it takes nothing other than being able to see past your own nose to admit the cats are a well run club.
Now if they went on to win a flag.. that's something I would have a massive hard time stomaching.. but I think they are carrying too many not up to it for that to happen (I hope)

KOLOKOTRONIS
I dont disagree with your last point , they've done that incredible well

But hypothetically Dustin Martin comes to us at the end of this season , wants to play for us only and is happy to play for 800k
We get him and because its well under his value we also can get in 1-2 decent players in one hit to cover some weak areas on the list

In a tight comp where the standard has tapered off we would rocket back into the top 8 and probably push at top 4 , all things going well

That's basically what happened for them

Geelong perfectly positioned unfortunately. Won't have to leave Victoria and have a good record against Giants, Richmond and Adelaide.
Swans for me , they get a home final , in top form and have beaten all the top sides away from Sydney

They wont have an issue of only playing once in 3 weeks either , I think its there's to lose from here

I think GWS are feeling the strain of a long season on their young bodies. Maybe the weeks rest, and Cameron's Hawthorn experience will hold them in good stead over the short four weeks final season.

Couldn't stand cats, or swines winning.

One wonders if the drug cheats happen to win the big one, how will the sporting world react. I imagime Gil and our game would be ridiculed from all points of the globe, and lose all respect for not dealing with the DRUG aka "supplement," saga as it should have been.

I think GWS are feeling the strain of a long season on their young bodies. Maybe the weeks rest, and Cameron's Hawthorn experience will hold them in good stead over the short four weeks final season.

Couldn't stand cats, or swines winning.

One wonders if the drug cheats happen to win the big one, how will the sporting world react. I imagime Gil and our game would be ridiculed from all points of the globe, and lose all respect for not dealing with the DRUG aka "supplement," saga as it should have been.

Doubt the rest of the world will even take any notice. On the other hand, the Essendon* sycophants in the Australian media will hail it as the greatest triumph over adversity ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back