No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tex's latest comments about Lever choosing money over success - these are not the actions of a captain and leader of men.

Agreed. Hodgey just got on the drink with Buddy at Jordan's wedding. And gave him a kiss at the grand final a year later. All class is Hodgey!

It's just being professional to be honest. Christ it's not as if Lever is leaving to join a bunch of no-hopers on a million bucks like Mitch Clark did, he's going to a team that should be a Finals team next year and was unlucky not to be one this year.

Some idiot on the Adelaide board just got on his high horse about honouring contracts etc etc to which I've pointed out Matthew Robran....

Walker strikes me as a relatively simple individual. While you really shouldn't select dipshits as leaders in any scenario, selecting a dip shit to fill a role with an important media/public facing aspect is ****en idiotic.

Nice work Adelaide.

Last edited:
Aaron Mullett would, would provide some great spread off the backline, no idea why North would let him go.

Maybe Norf really, really like the kid and feel they should be kind and let him find a good club without hassle.

Just saw Tex Walker sooking again, this time about Lever leaving.

"I think it's him choosing money over success," Walker told Triple M on Tuesday morning.
"For Jake, I think the difference in money was a lot.
"So if you're driven by money or if you're driven by success, that's a decision you need to make."

I was going to email him and explain that losing a GF is not actually success.
Also did any official Hawthorn people say bag Buddy in the same way?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn't remember any, but the grey matter gets old and does forget. I can't imagine Hodgey would have said anything like that. Surprised Tex has won league best captain twice. Generally find sooks not good leaders.

I've posted here before that a colleague met Hodge at an event in 2014 and asked him about Franklin and that Hodge said the players knew he was going to move to Sydney - they were just a bit surprised it was the Swans and not the Giants.

Hodge continually tweets praise when Franklin is having big games for Sydney. Hodgey is a class act as a human being though, obviously Tex isn't at that level.

Tex and Tony Abbot make a great pair. Stuck in a 1950's myopic view of life.

It seems to be the Adelaide way to do things. Even Port were guilty of being grade-A sooks when Stevens wanted out. I'm staggered we were even able to deal with them for Burgoyne.

"I think it's him choosing money over success," Walker told Triple M on Tuesday morning.
"So if you're driven by money or if you're driven by success, that's a decision you need to make."

Tex seems to lack leadership. How he was in the AA team, let alone made the AA captain, is starting to become an increasing puzzle..

Bulldogs last year, Richmond this year...you just never know, 2018 could be Melbourne's year. If that's the case, Jake could be one lucky Le[a]ver indeed. :p

Barrett saying us and the Lions are 'rorting' things with the Hodge stuff. Basically calling Hodge a liar. Can we support Hodge in suing this prick for defamation.

Ange should have stepped aside when we failed at getting automatic qualification. Aussies aren't good enough to coach at the international level.

the same Ange that won the Asian Cup recently? i think this squad is lacking genuine forwards and theres not much you can do when the only danger to scoring is an old Cahill...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back