No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting Kelly announced his trade wish the day after the BNF. Certain Shiel is holding off until.after their BNF tonight.

Finishing equal second with arguably the best player in the competition, has certainly increased his value.

But it’s also made the trade to the eagles far more difficult to achieve.

Going to be interesting viewing after hearing Scott say “he isn’t going anywhere”

Last edited:

That’s still cheap. $900k per year for lynch vs what saints and blues want to pay for Shiel.
Also that offer would be less money than what us(maybe) and GC(definitely) offered. So why wouldn’t GC match? From a business perspective it makes sense.
GCS won't match because they get pick 3 as compensation, if they match it forces a trade - Richmond won't do better than pick 3, nor could we for that matter.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I love that the holy trinity was supposed to be the best midfield ever assembled but have actually proved to be an ordinary combination where none of them have been made better by the others’ presence.

To me, the most satisfying part of this is Geelong brought Ablett back to thumb their noses at the rest of the competition thinking everyone else would be so envious of them. All it did was make them look silly. At a time when the Hawks were saying farewell to ageing stars, Geelong were recruiting theirs back to the club. After taking Gold Coast for a ride, Ablett is now doing the same thing to Geelong. You'd think clubs would learn from Sydney what arrogant list management can do to a club, apparently not.

Last edited:
It’s not nice to laugh at the misfortune of others - but all I can say to this news is HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...arged-with-drink-driving-20181004-p507pt.html

There have been players getting done for drink driving, speeding, etc, and although not ideal, I often put it down to the impetuosity of youth. Sometimes young people can do some bloody stupid things and hopefully learn by their mistakes. Rightly so, the media jump all over it.

But here we are, a media person who would have to be close to 50, and he still doesn't have the brains to drink and not drive. As a mature age person myself, nothing embarrasses me more than people of King's age getting done for doing stupid things when they're old enough to know better.

Next season, he'll be on our screens again, pointing out errors made by players under pressure during a game. Why should the player take any notice of him?

So Cats have lodged paperwork for Dalhaus, similar age as Motlop last year, four year contract, same as motlop last year, around $2mil deal, same as Motlop last year

projected compensation pick, second round, same as err wait

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We probably wont get any compensation

Yeah, probably. Fully expecting to get nothing if he does find a new home.

I'm not sure why Conca would be worth an end-of-second round pick if Duryea isn't? Both around the same age, played similar amount of games. If Duryea signs a similar deal to Conca (three years) then surely we should be expecting the same?

Yeah, probably. Fully expecting to get nothing if he does find a new home.

I'm not sure why Conca would be worth an end-of-second round pick if Duryea isn't? Both around the same age, played similar amount of games. If Duryea signs a similar deal to Conca (three years) then surely we should be expecting the same?
Tigers won't get anything for Conca because of Lynch

True, but if they weren't getting him they'd still be getting pick 36 for Conca.
yes but there is no point comparing proposed compensation for free agents, it's an AFL secret formula, the answer is whatever they want it to be

Apparently Dusty, Cotch and Riewoldt all agreed to renegotiate their salaries down, for Tom Lynch.

Assumed they were going to win the 2nd flag in a row then Lynch would help them get the 3 peat.

Im sure we have seen this arrogance before.

Gino-Corica-6273760.jpg

That’s still cheap. $900k per year for lynch vs what saints and blues want to pay for Shiel.
Also that offer would be less money than what us(maybe) and GC(definitely) offered. So why wouldn’t GC match? From a business perspective it makes sense.

Pick 3 is the compo. Tigers dont have anything like that to offer in trade.

I don't know all the nuts and bolts, but I think Gold Coast CAN match the offer.
Given that there's an exodus of players - the suns could definitely AFFORD to match.
The question is around how they would. I really hope they do - would be good fun. Hope they match and then go to trade with Richmond so they're not getting a KPF for nothing.

Separate to above comment on Lynch and compo.

What is the longest contract we have ever signed someone to, and how old were they?

I cant imagine Clarko ever having done a 6 year contract? And probably the 5 year contracts have year 4 KPI triggers ?

Given that there's an exodus of players - the suns could definitely AFFORD to match.
The question is around how they would. I really hope they do - would be good fun. Hope they match and then go to trade with Richmond so they're not getting a KPF for nothing.

Then St Kilda use their Pick 4 to get him in the Draft?

So Cats have lodged paperwork for Dalhaus, similar age as Motlop last year, four year contract, same as motlop last year, around $2mil deal, same as Motlop last year

projected compensation pick, second round, same as err wait
2 factors
Slight salary cap increase/ more players being paid more so his relative contract is less (for example instead of top 20% contract is now in the 21-25% range)
More significantly lack of Geelong bonus favouritism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back