No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What they guy did was also ****. That does not give him a free pass from this.

This seems a common theme, and he needs to be closely monitored. Old mate Nathan Jones should have seen that he wasn't all there, but after slapping the beer away, i somewhat understand why someone would do that.
Again, you are confusing the act with the ability to recognise the act. When a two year old pulls a cat's tail they have no idea they are hurting the cat. The cat takes a swipe at them because the cat is unaware that the child has no idea. The bloke who punched him should have been aware that he had no control of his actions. He is no better than the cat.

And **** you bigfooty for making me type all that twice with your stupid rule acceptance thing in the middle of a post. This isn't worded anywhere near as well as it was.

Again, you are confusing the act with the ability to recognise the act. When a two year old pulls a cat's tail they have no idea they are hurting the cat. The cat takes a swipe at them because the cat is unaware that the child has no idea. The bloke who punched him should have been aware that he had no control of his actions. He is no better than the cat.

And **** you bigfooty for making me type all that twice with your stupid rule acceptance thing in the middle of a post. This isn't worded anywhere near as well as it was.

I am not buying "he doesn't know right from wrong".

He should be locked in a home if he doesn't know it.

Equally, Jonesy should be locked up for essentially a kinghit.

I am not buying "he doesn't know right from wrong".

He should be locked in a home if he doesn't know it.

Equally, Jonesy should be locked up for essentially a kinghit.
While I agree with you to some extent in that he should not be left unchaperoned. He should not be locked at home.

Yes, it is a tad extreme, but there needs to be someone around to pull his head in.
Exactly. But that doesn't mean he should have his head smashed in when he does overstep. Ah! Now I remember what I said before bigfooty 5hat my post down the toilet.

Would the melbourne supporter have punched him if he were two years old?

Exactly. But that doesn't mean he should have his head smashed in when he does overstep. Ah! Now I remember what I said before bigfooty 5hat my post down the toilet.

Would the melbourne supporter have punched him if he were two years old?

You are correct. He took advantage because he saw he had some type of disability. Would he have reacted the same if it was a mirror-image of himself?

Melb flog is a hero to some on here :$ :thumbsdown:

No.

After the Hawk turned toward him and sent his beer flying,he gave him a slap and a thick ear. Not a punch or punches to the face. Certainly did not punch him to the ground and kick him.

The brother started the intellectual disability caper. Hawk jumped on the euphemism treadmill when interviewed.

Some here are incapable of watching a short video and discern what actually happened.

The home interview was a bad joke. Some liars are so far up themselves that they actually believe their own lies. This one can also cry on cue.

As I suggested earlier,ban them both.

Doesn’t matter what his condition is , at worst he needs a responsible carer who is capable of helping him in social settings keeping some of his antagonistic behaviour in check.
Maybe a hard call needs to be made and he doesn’t attend .

A lot of my work/clients all have carers . It’s a thankless task for the most part but this shows how important that job is .

Viewing some of his social media work whoever on that supporter page keeps seeking him out post game should just stop it.
Clearly riles him up and I can only imagine that’s probably his behaviour during the game.

Unfortunately we live in a low tolerance society and what happened post game is becoming more common place.
The Melbourne supporter needs a ban , disabled or not you just don’t go clocking people .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw the Ablett hit on Shiel- was identical to the incident where James Cousins got a week.. let’s see if it’s the same result..
You are not seriously hoping for consistency? All the commentators I've heard so so far are calling for a fine only, albeit with a knowing laugh that there's different rules for big names. Andy Marr at least had the temerity to point out the uncanny similiarity (to Cousins' hit) to Del Santo (who admitted he had no idea how these things were graded) but Del still insisted little Gazza should be allowed to play.

No.

After the Hawk turned toward him and sent his beer flying,he gave him a slap and a thick ear. Not a punch or punches to the face. Certainly did not punch him to the ground and kick him.

The brother started the intellectual disability caper. Hawk jumped on the euphemism treadmill when interviewed.

Some here are incapable of watching a short video and discern what actually happened.

The home interview was a bad joke. Some liars are so far up themselves that they actually believe their own lies. This one can also cry on cue.

As I suggested earlier,ban them both.
He's clearly not all there. That doesn't mean that he isn't a shit bloke or that he shouldn't be banned from the footy. Has some serious impulse control problems.

None of that excuses the Melbourne supporter following him to give him a whack though.

He's clearly not all there. That doesn't mean that he isn't a **** bloke or that he shouldn't be banned from the footy. Has some serious impulse control problems.

None of that excuses the Melbourne supporter following him to give him a whack though.
Exactly.

Unfortunately is going to be one of those situations we never get the full story (unless the court reveals details). Nothing excuses old Demons fella from swinging at him like that though. Is a $35 beer or whatever they charge really worth assault charges, court dates, possible loss of employment, being painted like a d**khead to the world, having the world see that you're a Melbourne supporter, and worst of all, potentially killing somebody? If the story has any truth, the Melbourne guy was probably looking to stir the pot, saw Ben, recognised him from his tirade on facebook (or quite possibly during that game), made a stupid comment, got a response he didn't expect, and then fired up to protect his manhood. Dumb actions from both guys but violence shouldn't be used. If I can teach my 3 year old not to instantly whack another kid for getting in his face or breaking his toys, surely two fully grown adults can sort their shit out properly?

Last edited by a moderator:
Having said that, they're probably lucky they barely play games in Darwin. I remember getting a flogging on the stairs at TIO Stadium by a pleasant Western Bulldogs supporter who was outraged that I wasn't carrying any cigarettes on me at the age of 13

Just before the news breaks that Ablett is cleared, thought it is worth noting what Christian said a week ago when Cousins got 1 match:
“The guidelines reference the fact that a raised forearm is usually consistent that the strike is intentional, so it was graded on that basis,” Christian said.

Just before the news breaks that Ablett is cleared, thought it is worth noting what Christian said a week ago when Cousins got 1 match:
“The guidelines reference the fact that a raised forearm is usually consistent that the strike is intentional, so it was graded on that basis,” Christian said.

LOL this is gonna be good

4dd195f48a460b8d4be29f7ea2933dfc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back