Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merrett hiding against the fence and refusing to get up in the melee is one of the weakest things I’ve seen. You started it you pissant - get up and help your teammates.

But then no one helps their teammates at Essendon.

That whole incident sums Essendon up. Happy to do the easy cheap stuff - go missing when the heat gets turned up.
Went fetal on the football field.
Complete joke.

Opening play of the Game.
Westcoast player ducks head and head high contact is made.
Umpire calls play on.
Ling - It's good to see the umpire not paying frees to players who duck.

10 years of Joel Selwood anyone?

Glad I wasn’t the only one who heard that. Hypocrisy at its finest.

I find this funny. We have the system and coach to get the best out of players who to come to our club, but then we miss out on a players signature (Shiel) to the scum no less and everyone becomes nostradamus and predicts he would of been Vickery Mk II and we dodged a bullet. 🤣

Come on, get real.

I know one thing about the the fence throw, or hair pulling, IF that had been Sicily, he would get two weeks. I’ll bet Natanui doesn’t, didn’t Frawley get a week? Or was he fined. I can’t remember🙄

NicNat should get a pat on the back for what he did. Merrett is a childish, hair-pulling campaigner and deserved everything he got.

NicNat should get a pat on the back for what he did. Merrett is a childish, hair-pulling campaigner and deserved everything he got.
Talk about "getting ragdolled." The little twerp was picked up and slammed like it was nothing. Don't get the big Fijian angry was what came out of that for me!

By years end, I am much preferring obtaining Wingard than Shiels.
Yep. We must remember, when chasing all these GWS guys, that the Giants are keeping the ones they want to keep. Smith, Shiel, Adams, Treloar - they were discards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a great day. Wake up to Essendrugs being knocked out of finals. Aussies on top in the cricket, and it's Friday. Happy Days.

MrPremiership any chance you want to give us updates on this one?

clip_image001.jpg

Was big footy even around last time * won a final?
The last time * won a Final, the internet was in nappies & BigFooty was just a bunch of dudes talking s**t at the pub

Pies to belt the Cats, and Aussies to roll the poms for 170 and force the follow on. What a start to the weekend that would be....

Aussies don't generally enforce the follow-on since Dravid and Laxman made us regret it that time. I'd happily watch us do it though in the circumstances you describe.

Correct. Was a debacle that.

That test was so frustrating because for all Waugh had accomplished as captain, a series win in India eluded him like many other captains. I felt he deserved to get that one in the bag and be the captain who had won every international tour possible.

Is it wrong to savor the disappointment of others? Not when they're Essendon* or Geelong fans! Last night was wonderful and I hope for more of the same.

Loser of tonight's game plays West Coast, winner plays Richmond or Brisbane - all at the MCG. Assuming West Coast bring their A game the Brisbane matchup looks by far the easiest so you'd think tonight's winner will be hoping Richmond win tomorrow, though that would essentially lock them in as a GF opponent. Better to make the Big Dance and lose rather than come up short in a prelim from a player perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back