Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they really want to 'Start again' up at GC they can start with a new guernsey that kids up there may actually want to wear.

Most dull/uninspiring guernseys ever. Dont get me started with 'Suns'...

All those picks for the next 3 years is one thing but the expanded academy access particularly to the NT really boils my piss. Its too much and skews the playing field. I agree they need help but its like the startup package all over again.
I'd have preferred that they instead got the uncontracted players deal again.

It was kinda fair then they got senior players and clubs were pretty fairly compensated.

There is a number of clubs wanting to do multiple trades with little chip value. I hope the Hawks muscle in and true and take advatange of the hard ball that some clubs will play in order to the get the picks they need to satisfy the club they are acquiring players from

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Four years is ridiculous - the only ones who benefit are those who don’t end up being any good.

All we need is one club or one player to call restraint of trade, I’ll see you in court

Four years is ridiculous - the only ones who benefit are those who don’t end up being any good.

All we need is one club or one player to call restraint of trade, I’ll see you in court

I would absolutely love for someone to try this. The AFL would be panicking. I think there are differences between the AFL and old NSWRL draft (which was struck down in court) but it would be interesting to see someone hold that gun to the AFL's head.

Clubs have been enduring the AFL in good faith for too long - let's go nuclear.

They can and they will.
I don't know TD. This to me sounds like something that would need to be voted on by the players association before it will get passed. I understand Gil wields a big stick and all but its a players league and I'd be very surprised if these kids we're forced to sign something they didn't want to especially if they don't want to end up at a club they don't want to be. Anyways I guess we'll see.

I would absolutely love for someone to try this. The AFL would be panicking. I think there are differences between the AFL and old NSWRL draft (which was struck down in court) but it would be interesting to see someone hold that gun to the AFL's head.

Clubs have been enduring the AFL in good faith for too long - let's go nuclear.
Only Eddie/Collingwood could do it
They arent going to make them play Sunday Twighlight games in Docklands

Joel's been practicing his reaction to this his whole career:

See the source image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back