Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder if the Lions will suffer the now traditional post Premiership hangover in 2025 like the Pies did this year?

On paper they will still be super strong next year and Fages is a very canny at managing players emotions so I doubt it.

They get Ashcroft Jnr next year and get Coleman back from the ACL. They’ll only get better.

2020: Premier Richmond. During the season Richmond lost to the Hawks by 32 points.
2021: Premier Melbourne. During the season Melbourne drew with the Hawks.
2022: Premier Geelong. During the season Geelong lost to the Hawks by 12 points.
2023: Premier Collingwood. During the season Collingwood lost to the Hawks by 32 points.
2024: Premier Brisbane Lions. During the season Brisbane Lions lost to the Hawks by 25 points.

The moral of the story is. as I keep telling my Port Adelaide mates, if you want to win a flag, you must either lose to or draw with the Hawks during the season.

BTW .... Joel Amartey. Can he actually play? I've seen no evidence of it.

Brisbane don’t play as quick as we do because they can’t. They don’t have the runners to do it all game.

They need to rely on their contested game a lot more than we do with both marking and around the ground contests.

They look great when they are able to play faster when the opposition is off like today. Otherwise they have to really grind teams down.

Teams seem to follow the teams that win the flag, next year club will be trying to win this way.

Cats fans must be regretting thinking if only they didnt choke last week hahahaha
I’m still floating on sunshine from that PF result. I don’t think we are apprecIating just what a bullet we dodged with those final two ah chee and cam Reiner goals of the prelim. We were a heartbeat away from geelong winning the flag. Just digest that a little bit and appreciate how good today feels.

Sydney for the 3rd time in Longmires tenure has not turned up on Grand final day. This is another terrible loss.

Not sure this can be easily explained ... Horse clearly has a issue on the last day... doesn't set up the team for success.

Dare I day it but he is a chocker ... 1 win 4 losses in Grand finals.
Nothing you say validates your statement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players who miss out on a premiership medal should be at least honored as " premiership squad player". İt takes a lot of work from Players to get so close yet so far to not be honoured imo. Or, give it to players capped at 10 games minimum.
Coaches always remind everyone that squads win premierships. Well, AFL, stop with Mickey mouse decisions and get with it .

Is our forward line good enough also, it's very Sydney like.
Plunk Sicily up frwd and it already straightens us up. Chol, Dear and Gunston take the other two spots available for taller options outside of our smaller and rather excellent frwd line. And hope that Mitch Lewis gets footy God's to smile upon him and gets to play the second half of the season which makes us extremely difficult to defend against.

Players who miss out on a premiership medal should be at least honored as " premiership squad player". İt takes a lot of work from Players to get so close yet so far to not be honoured imo. Or, give it to players capped at 10 games minimum.
Coaches always remind everyone that squads win premierships. Well, AFL, stop with Mickey mouse decisions and get with it .

That's not a bad compromise. I can see both sides of the argument but personally I think if I didn't play on the day I wouldn't feel comfortable accepting the actual premiership medal.

Plunk Sicily up frwd and it already straightens us up. Chol, Dear and Gunston take the other two spots available for taller options outside of our smaller and rather excellent frwd line. And hope that Mitch Lewis gets footy God's to smile upon him and gets to play the second half of the season which makes us extremely difficult to defend against.
Can we stop persisting with the 'Sicily forward' nonsense. He was in his first few years, but his advantage for the team lies in playing down back. Plays above his height, an elite interceptor and distributor. We are chockers full of options up forward already.

Just give everyone who played a game in the season a medal. Current system is a holdover from when squads were much smaller and had less reliance on the broader list, and the afl seem reluctant to have to potentially go retrospectively back and give medals to previous squad players.

Just get it done and move forward. Football is a different game to what it was in the past and squads win premierships.

Big supporter of the premiership squad/medallion for players that have been there all year and would have been on the day if not for horrible injury luck. The Big O seriously helped get them there, and deserved to be part of the success if not for an injury in the penultimate game...

I want to know what the story is with Heeney.
From my somewhat sozzled point of view he looked like he pulled a heartstring, had a cry and didn't want to come back on after he came off in the last quarter.
Is that the bloods culture they talk about?

Didn't Kingy suggest that Fages should be replaced by Chris Scott several weeks ago?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back