Oppo Camp General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree Dusty is a fantastic player but he's getting to the stage where he has a touch of the Chris Judd's or the Nicole Kidman Effect for old Bay 13 viewers.

Dusty has a good game and it is great. Dustry has a great game and it is one of the best of all time.

Probably the best player in the game today, but I'd still have Voss/Hird/Buckley over Dusty/Fyfe/Danger.

Hi all for 2020
Nobody could play at that level year in and year out like Dusty's fantastic year. IMO he's still played extremely well since and would put him in a hawks jumper every day of the week. As we've experienced with the likes of Cyril the media over load the public expectation and turn people off players.

Agree Dusty is a fantastic player but he's getting to the stage where he has a touch of the Chris Judd's or the Nicole Kidman Effect for old Bay 13 viewers.

Dusty has a good game and it is great. Dustry has a great game and it is one of the best of all time.

Probably the best player in the game today, but I'd still have Voss/Hird/Buckley over Dusty/Fyfe/Danger.

Nah
Dusty before Hird (even the drug assisted Hird) and well before Danger.
Voss was a gun - Buckley was a very good player and ran around accumulating possessions, much like GA Jnr (not that there's much wrong with that).

But Dusty is just bloody decisive. He's the ultimate functional footballer (like Lethal was). He simply cracks the game open, has the multiple telling moments and scores the critical goals or assists in doing so. He does that super efficiently with 18 possessions, not 35.

Voss won grand finals - so does Dusty.
In comparison, the others are merely so so.

Nah
Dusty before Hird (even the drug assisted Hird) and well before Danger.
Voss was a gun - Buckley was a very good player and ran around accumulating possessions, much like GA Jnr (not that there's much wrong with that).

But Dusty is just bloody decisive. He's the ultimate functional footballer (like Lethal was). He simply cracks the game open, has the multiple telling moments and scores the critical goals or assists in doing so. He does that super efficiently with 18 possessions, not 35.

Voss won grand finals - so does Dusty.
In comparison, the others are merely so so.
Dusty also has the intimidation, like Leigh did. Players fear him in big games. Can't put a price on that.

Dusty's biggest strength is his hurt factor. What he does with 20, Dangerfield needs 40.

Also who has been better in bigger games in the past 3 years than him? He just performs constantly and saves his best for finals (2018 PF the exception however he was playing injured). Those are the players I respect the most.

Yeah he gets a lot of media love but we complained about people saying Cyril was overrated because the media loved him. Now they are doing the same to Dusty and some are saying the same stuff. I just don't agree with it. Dusty is a freak footballer who hurts you in the biggest moments in important games.

We would absolutely be in love with him if he was in the Brown and Gold.

Dusty's biggest strength is his hurt factor. What he does with 20, Dangerfield needs 40.

Also who has been better in bigger games in the past 3 years than him? He just performs constantly and saves his best for finals (2018 PF the exception however he was playing injured). Those are the players I respect the most.

Yeah he gets a lot of media love but we complained about people saying Cyril was overrated because the media loved him. Now they are doing the same to Dusty and some are saying the same stuff. I just don't agree with it. Dusty is a freak footballer who hurts you in the biggest moments in important games.

We would absolutely be in love with him if he was in the Brown and Gold.
That's not true. Danger can easily match Dusty's clanger count with 20 touches

Friendly reminder chaps, when asked by strangers who you hope will win the Premiership an appropriate response is always:

"Anyone but Geelong or Essendon*!"

What are Dusty's lager numbers?

Even if they are high there would be a very strong argument it is because he bites off a lot more than most. He is not skirting around the back with cheap 1-2's.
I’m sure his ‘lager’ numbers are quite high

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does one club have so many cheerleaders in the media.

God help us if they win a flag, or a final

That to me is the most annoying thing about football at the moment - in fact has been so for the last 10 years or so.
3/4th of the media seem to barrack for Essenscum and have unashamedly become their bum boys (and girls).

It's pathetic and really annoying because the Age and Sun seem to alternate articles about this middling struggling side - so that generally one of the papers each morning or every second morning has a nothing spread on Essenscum like the inane and stupid article in today's Sun about Essescum trying to copy Richmond !!

This isn't media - it's just the PR and marketing arm for the bunch of losers - and it's f*cking boring.
I bet you'll see a double page spread from Slobbo by this Saturday.

Apart from that all's good with the world - although there appears to be a bit of flu going around.

That to me is the most annoying thing about football at the moment - in fact has been so for the last 10 years or so.
3/4th of the media seem to barrack for Essenscum and have unashamedly become their bum boys (and girls).

It's pathetic and really annoying because the Age and Sun seem to alternate articles about this middling struggling side - so that generally one of the papers each morning or every second morning has a nothing spread on Essenscum like the inane and stupid article in today's Sun about Essescum trying to copy Richmond !!

This isn't media - it's just the PR and marketing arm for the bunch of losers - and it's f*cking boring.
I bet you'll see a double page spread from Slobbo by this Saturday.

Apart from that all's good with the world - although there appears to be a bit of flu going around.
I gave up the darts 8 years ago which had an amazing effect on my physical health.

I also gave up Murdoch's bullshit propaganda sheets about the same time with a similar effect on my mental health.

There is not one good reason why you would pay that campaigner good money to be told how to think.

The less the media write about Hawthorn the better.

It has always been this way in my memory since Jeans in the 1980's. The club is unwelcoming to the media and we give them as little as we can.

It is part of the Hawthorn way. Do something - don't hope, think, jabber.

(As much as people like Kennett on this board, i can never align his outspoken way with our club's heritage/ethos)

There is not one good reason why you would pay that campaigner good money to be told how to think.
I find Murdoch "journalism" pretty enjoyable actually, just not for the reasons Rupert intends. Robbo's the Tommy Wiseau of footy journos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back