No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

11 North Melbourne players have been advised they won’t be offered a contract for 2020: Ahern, Crocker, Daw, Durdin, Hosie, Jacobs, Macmillan, Murphy, Pittard, Williams & Wood.
Surprised they cut Durdin, Williams and MacMillan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised they cut Durdin, Williams and MacMillan.

Macmillan has barely improved in his entire football career. He's a fine example of the stagnation that has plagued North Melbourne for years.

A little surprising a club has pulled the trigger before hearing the list sizes and TPP for next year.

(I hope we do the same)
You hope we cull a quarter of our list without knowing what we need to do for next year?

Ahern is the only one of the North lot you'd look at with a point of difference skills wise, but he's another with a plague of knee injuries. Has he still got the spark he had as a draftee? Because that outside mid/fwd creativity is exactly what we need.

Didn't really see it outside of a few games at North.

Last edited:
No. He’s 30 next season. Couldn’t believe how old he is when I heard it recently. Strange career that’s threatened but never delivered.

Tell me about it. Rookie drafted 2010, AFL debut 2013, delisted 2015, rookie drafted 2016, injured most of 2017, missed a big chunk of 2019, returned 2020, delisted 2020. I honestly didn't realise he was in the system for so long.

I didn't realise how much dead weight was on North's list. North posters suggesting that these cuts could have gone deeper if not for contracts. Still carrying guys like Dom Tyson, Tom Campbell and Taylor Garner. They've basically cleared out ever 20 yo+ depth player they could.

Goldstein and Higgins are 32. Tarrant 31. Ziebell, Hall and Cunnington are 29 so you'd really hope those guys can stretch their careers out to prevent too much pain. Ben Brown seemingly pushed out the door which is outrageous for a forward who kicked 60+ for the past three seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back