No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

On most metrics, Moore, Dimma and Sic all deserve to be in contention for AA squad. Will be interesting to see if they get the recognition. My fear is we’re too off-broadway.

Hardwick got mentioned in the press after the Adelaide game - so possibly some in the media are waking up to his years-long consistency.

Hardwick got mentioned in the press after the Adelaide game - so possibly some in the media are waking up to his years-long consistency.
Montagna had a fact on 360 last week that Brennan had beaten every opponents he’d had this year, and then slobbo mentioned something about Blake Hardwick having 16 goals kicked on him - Now, as it was barely coherent I don’t know if he meant in a year, or his career, but Slobbo was praising Hardwick as unheralded defender like Brennan who should be looked at by the AA selectors.

Luke Hodge the exception. Trying to think, but how many #1 picks have won a flag at the club they were drafted at?
The exception because we didn’t finish last that year, we traded for the the pick.

The answer is 0 since 2000. Not sure re 90s.

Playing a real chip scab kind of game. Hardest running I've seen him do this arvo is running around behind his teammates for the hand off so he can hit a short kick they could've done themselves (and sometimes not even hitting it himself). Offering very little defensively, and at least today is a liability in that regard. Not a good game from him this week.
Was at the game as a neutral and **** me their ferals already have anointed him the golden boy. Everything he does no matter how basic like a 20m pass to a team mate they cream their dacks over it. Was having a chuckle with some mates about it. Likewise with Ginnivan. The amount of venom being spit when that non free kick occured was scary. Felt like a few were going to jump the fence. I don't mind Collingwood as a club no real angst towards them but the supporters are another level. Real arrogance about them as well like they own the MCG. Eddie has done a good job with their brand that's for sure. Got every supporter thinking their better than everyone else in all aspects.

The exception because we didn’t finish last that year, we traded for the the pick.

The answer is 0 since 2000. Not sure re 90s.
Yup fair point. Just headland and Banfield. Des in any case wasn't even close to driving that bus to a premiership...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like we will end the round with the highest total score for the round.

Would have been a while since we have done that as well as kicking 100 points in two consecutive games.

Great signs and a real tick for Sam's coaching 👍
We missed it last week by 1 point.

Wasn't Boyd drafted to GWS?
Yes, that is what I’m saying. He is the only other number 1 to win a flag that I could think of regardless of original club. Clubs that finish last don’t win flags within 10 years of finishing last. I did some analysis on this last year and posted it somewhere.

The AFL exploits problem gambling as much as anyone else, perhaps worldwide. We're the biggest gamblers on the planet, losing $1276 per capita per annum.

"Gamble responsibly" 🤪

Now apparently you will get a profit loss statement so you know how far behind you are.

Tim Costello is in favour of this so maybe it will do some good.

The AFL exploits problem gambling as much as anyone else, perhaps worldwide. We're the biggest gamblers on the planet, losing $1276 per capita per annum.

"Gamble responsibly" 🤪

Now apparently you will get a profit loss statement so you know how far behind you are.

I can't see this helping.

Most gamblers I know are aware that they're not coming out of this stuff ahead, I feel as though confronting them with these statements will either just destroy them emotionally or encourage them to further chase their losses.

"Gamble responsibly" 🤪

As if the gamblers who aren’t monitoring this are going to.

I can see it being the straw that breaks many relationships backs.

Partner insists on viewing Sportsbet P&L because they saw the odds telling them that it exists.

"You're in the hole for over $30k? Pack your s**t and GTFO!"

They could easily 'demand' this kind of information now though. Particularly if they are sharing finances - my experience is that conservatively about 70% of finances are run by the female partner. When I worked in banking the amount of blokes who didn't even know what their regular income was was dumbfounding.

Saddest experience on this one - many moons ago in my call centre days I had a woman querying a transaction on her husband's credit card account. As she was the additional card holder she had full rights to transaction info also. The merchant name was odd - like a holding company and it was for like $500 or so. When I looked up the merchant code of the business it was quite clearly for a brothel. Not exactly fun news to deliver to someone.

They could easily 'demand' this kind of information now though. Particularly if they are sharing finances - my experience is that conservatively about 70% of finances are run by the female partner. When I worked in banking the amount of blokes who didn't even know what their regular income was was dumbfounding.

Saddest experience on this one - many moons ago in my call centre days I had a woman querying a transaction on her husband's credit card account. As she was the additional card holder she had full rights to transaction info also. The merchant name was odd - like a holding company and it was for like $500 or so. When I looked up the merchant code of the business it was quite clearly for a brothel. Not exactly fun news to deliver to someone.
If you have a high security clearance, they look for those same merchants in your credit card transactions too!

Fancy using a shared credit card for that! Must have been properly spannered!

If you have a high security clearance, they look for those same merchants in your credit card transactions too!

Fancy using a shared credit card for that! Must have been properly spannered!

I have been a mate's personal reference for a lot of his security clearance upgrades. Defence sure like to know about their people's sexual proclivities!

Yes, that is what I’m saying. He is the only other number 1 to win a flag that I could think of regardless of original club. Clubs that finish last don’t win flags within 10 years of finishing last. I did some analysis on this last year and posted it somewhere.
Collingwood drew grand final in 77 after finishing last in 76. Was a near thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back