No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember liking Beveridge for a while, but boy oh boy has he become unbearable. Close second to Chris Scott.

View attachment 1459018
Bevo wants a 5 man interchange...
Bulldogs go a man down early in the game due to injury...
Bevo wants a 5 man interchange + medical sub...
Teams exploit the medical sub...
Bevo wants a 6 man interchange...

My post last year on the way coaches have pushed for expansion of interchange…I predicted a mix of interchange and subs would lead to an argument for an increase in the number of interchange. Thank you bevo for helping my prediction come true so quickly 😂
Not surprised to see Bevo the one pushing for it either. He always seems to be ahead on bending the rules and rule changes when brought in.

Not surprised to see Bevo the one pushing for it either. He always seems to be ahead on bending the rules and rule changes when brought in.
Everything is something else’s fault for bevo so naturally he has to campaign to change all the things stopping him from winning…except his shit coaching 😉

Sub rule should only be for concussions and concussions should only be determined by doctors independent of the clubs. Easy fix
Concur, this was/was I understand the initial and sole objective, but the AFLPA lobbied with 'a duty of care' argument and got the sub rule expanded to include the ambiguous 'other significant injuries' - which given a few recent occurrences somehow now includes hamstring twinges and other muscle cramps...?
I also note that the nominated substitutes for at least the first month were usually fringe selection players, whereas this is no longer the case anymore...

Last edited:
Agreed - with 9 games per round you’d hope there’s at least 3 per week on FTA. This is why I’d prefer 10/Paramount to get it. Yes they’d probably stick things on Paramount+ but I dare say you’d get as many games on 10 as there are now on 7. 7’s commitment to sport seems to be on the decline.
7 had a huge push to get a heap of sport a few years ago. Now they’ve got it they don’t want it.

I’m lucky enough to be able to have Foxtel but without it and with no more free live games on Telstra. It’s getting pretty difficult to watch it.

And I’m sure they are a lot out there that would love to see their team play but can’t and lose at least a little interest in the sport.
The economics haven't made sense for a while now to justify the massive sums. It will be interesting to see whether Foxtel succeed in their argument that the free-to-air broadcasts make the streaming rights less compelling financially.

Foxtel have lost their monopoly on paid TV services, and can no longer defray the huge costs of sports broadcast rights in very expensive cable bundles. Other than die-hards, people have already stopped paying $80 and up, and are splitting the costs over multiple services. Which is why Foxtel are attempting to squeeze out the free-to-air games. (There's a kerfuffle in WA about WCE and Free fans losing the live local games, a groundswell of indignation led by Kerry Stokes' Channel 7 i.e. it's the low-hanging fruit for Foxtel forcing committed WA fans to pay, 2 games out of 9 with loyal fan-bases.)

The big movers in sports streaming are the tech giants, who are bidding big to achieve platform lock-in. After making their TV service available on other platforms, Apple have made huge bids on MLB and NFL rights in the US, and it wouldn't surprise me if they made a play here. (Although I expect it might not be until the next round in a few years.)

I look forward to Foxtel going under. I hate them with a burning passion.

Yes - I’m hoping it’s CBS/Paramount who wins the bid. Channel 10 did a good job at coverage back in the 9/10 days and were good with their BBL coverage until 7 fu**ed that up. I hate Foxtel and I’m not overly fond of 7. If Paramount want to pay the most then I hope they get it.
AFL's preference is still 7 and Fox apparently.
I think 7 will be under the gun to lift their game. AFL aren't happy with what they are producing atm. (no surprise)

If anyone is interested and hasn't seen this thread there's a good one on pending media rights in Footy Industry thread.

Bevo has lost it.

There agree some coaches that say crazy shit that seems to come from being bored with the game (Sheedy and Malthouse were like this. Chris Scott gets like this)

There are coaches that have their own issue and want things changed (typified by complaining about a specific free kick in a presser).

And then ultimately there are coaches like Bevo that just want more extreme everything: shorter quarters, more interchange, more points for a goal, intro a 60m penalty, etc.

So North have identified that the reason they are uncompetitive in games is due to the lack of 23-27 year olds on the list.

Now wouldn't that be due to poor list management?

Why should the AFL reward them for completely ignoring that age demographic in their list strategy?
Could it be perhaps that they delisted a bunch of guys in that age bracket who were playing regular games?

Bike-Fall.jpg

We're in a similar boat though, honestly. We've got 6 blokes in that age bracket and 2 of them aren't playing regular footy in Howe and Phillips. That's why Amon would be a good get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone been able to get their hands on the new book? I tried to grab one and it’s sold out on the hawks nest already
From the Justin Reeves email sent today………….

Hawks members and fans can now get their hands on a piece of history, with the club’s new book 'The Three-Peat' now available for purchase. It captures one of the most famous and successful eras of the Hawthorn Football Club from 2009-2021, which included our three consecutive premierships in 2013, 2014 and 2015. You can grab yours here.

chris scott about duckwood ffs
I hope the 👜👜 bring their bridesmaid 👗 again this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back