No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an exercise in sheer futility I've checked which sides the current top 5 teams get to play twice:
(the coloured names show teams currently outside of the 8) - of course we know our two played finals last year.

Hawks: cats, swans, Pies, weagles, roos

Cats: hawks, swans, port, roos, lions

Freo: Tigers, Weagles, Crows, Saints, dees

Bombers: Tigers, Pies, Blues, Weagles, Giants

Swans: Hawks, cats, Pies, Saints, Giants

If West Coast play like they did against us on Friday night for the remainder of the year they will win 7-8 of their remaining 10 games -- to put them on 13-14 wins for the season and a chance for the top 6. It's their consistency that is the key for them - can beat Essendon on Thursday night.

Some other great games this weekend. Geelong v Freo -- Geelong will bounce back from their shock loss whether it's enough to defeat the Fremantle suffocation remains to be seen - I think they'll win at home.

Sydney v Blues -- if Goodes & Jetta do not play the Blues are a big show IMO

Port v Collingwood -- after beating the premiers last weekend watch the power fans turn up , that coupled with the collingwood fans should be a great game. If Port play with the level of intensity that toppled the Swans they will trouble Collingwood.

Get the popcorn out ladies and gents :D
Geelong board fuming that he got 2 weeks - yet Hodgey was let off for his "elbow to Henderson" :rolleyes:.

yNCVL.gif

I expect Geelong to challenge this. Nothing to lose.

If they challenge and lose then the charge is worth 279 points (incl his current carry over points) he will have 79 carry over points moving forward.

If they accept the ban and he takes the 2 weeks immediately with an early plea it reduces to 209 points = two weeks off and only 9 carry over points.

A bit the same as us with Hodge last week.. they need to consider the long term ramifications. If he carries 79 into the finals he's one **** up from missing a final!

Loving the GFC board meltdown.. apparently we get a gifted run o_O :cool:

The difference here, is that SJ had an option to tackle rather than bump. He ran in towards the player and chose to bump. That said, it is sad that he would go for this, but the AFL having been quite severe on bumping, particularly if there is head high contact. Quite different than Hodgey's hit, where he was already in the air trying to avoid Rough and had no option than to continue forward into henderson.

See that Watson is now admitting he took AOD-9604 in 2012 - his Brownlow year. If worldwide rules for this are followed then he would be stripped of the Brownlow, regardless for amount of guilt in the process. Following on from that Cotchin and Mitchell are the joint winners of the 2012 Medal.

As an exercise in sheer futility I've checked which sides the current top 5 teams get to play twice:
(the coloured names show teams currently outside of the 8) - of course we know our two played finals last year.

Hawks: cats, swans, Pies, weagles, roos

Cats: hawks, swans, port, roos, lions

Freo: Tigers, Weagles, Crows, Saints, dees

Bombers: Tigers, Pies, Blues, Weagles, Giants

Swans: Hawks, cats, Pies, Saints, Giants

Could be argued that the cats double ups are harder than ours - after all they have lost to lions while we haven't to pie/ eagles/ roos.

Amazing that Freo have such an easy draw (suppose it comes of finishing 7th) - saints have fallen away more than predicted.

See that Watson is now admitting he took AOD-9604 in 2012 - his Brownlow year. If worldwide rules for this are followed then he would be stripped of the Brownlow, regardless for amount of guilt in the process. Following on from that Cotchin and Mitchell are the joint winners of the 2012 Medal.
Yes, that's what should happen. Unfortunately it won't, otherwise Parramatta would be the 2009 NRL premiers :thumbsdown:

I do believe Jobe threw Doc Reid under the bus last night, until now they've kept Reid in the didn't know what was going on/ he sent the undelivered letter "plausible denial" camp now he's been directly implicated in the injecting alongside Dank.

His business partner Doc Larkin will be pleased especially after he quietly shifted his public on air view from "they're in trouble" to the plausible denial defense being run by EFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do believe Jobe threw Doc Reid under the bus last night, until now they've kept Reid in the didn't know what was going on/ he sent the undelivered letter "plausible denial" camp now he's been directly implicated in the injecting alongside Dank.

His business partner Doc Larkin will be pleased especially after he quietly shifted his public on air view from "they're in trouble" to the plausible denial defense being run by EFC.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/-2ota0.html

Jobe takes jabs.

is there a sport anywhere in the world where a participant can admit to taking a banned substance and still play on as if nothing happened? Incredible.

If the AFL administration want to be seen as a serious sport on the world stage (and they do) they can't sweep this aside and pretend nothings happened, they have to take action, the EFC isn't the only team on trial here so is the AFL and Demetriou's administration.

Essendon are now facing a 6-month suspension for those players that got jabbed, at best for them. Could be up to 2 years.

There is no other result that can come after yesterday's admission.

Watson also loses his Brownlow. To go on TV and make those admissions just shows either (a) he is deluded or (b) he is getting shocking advice. He is now in huge trouble, because this will effect the AFL brand around the world and the AFL will not stand for it, regardless who his father is. He has put the AFL in the spotlight and their response will be recorded around the world. Demetriou will be very upset that he has to deal with this in a sudden way right now. Not sure that Jobe will be playing again this year.

Essendon are now facing a 6-month suspension for those players that got jabbed, at best for them. Could be up to 2 years.

Watson also loses his Brownlow. To go on TV and make those admissions just shows either (a) he is deluded or (b) he is getting shocking advice. He is now in huge trouble, because this will effect the AFL brand around the world and the AFL will not stand for it, regardless who his father is. He has put the AFL in the spotlight and their response will be recorded around the world. Demetriou will be very upset that he has to deal with this in a sudden way right now. Not sure that Jobe will be playing again this year.

I agree that this is what should happen. Something tells me it won't pan out this way, it'd be too damaging to the brand. The AFL will find a way to tone it down and invent diminished responsibility or some crap

I find it hard to understand how sj gets two weeks for a reasonable bump, yet emberly or whatever his name is, only gets one for his go at Stratts.
It puzzles me.

Trust me, AFL has zero brand around the world.

I find it hard to understand how sj gets two weeks for a reasonable bump, yet emberly or whatever his name is, only gets one for his go at Stratts.
It puzzles me.

SJ has loading and carry over points, and did not accept his penalty. Embley did accept his penalty, and thus got a discount. It's really pretty simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back