No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staging for frees is now the most important skill in footy. For some reason the AFL not only refuse to crack down on it but seem to be openly encouraging it.

If u don't do you just can't compete, you're starting 5 goals down.

Recruiters will soon be looking for kids than can draw frees above anything else.

spudmaster - I hear you, did the same thing. 1/3 ATM and blues tonight could make it a disaster

Agree Furn2 - between last night and today I cannot believe how many players first instinct is to play for a free

spudmaster - I hear you, did the same thing. 1/3 ATM and blues tonight could make it a disaster

Agree Furn2 - between last night and today I cannot believe how many players first instinct is to play for a free
Glad I wasn't the only one, mate :D
It is a shame about players playing for frees, in part because it is completely the opposite of what the rules are designed to do (eg protect the head - players purposesly exposing their heads more)

Kobe Bryant's done a Roughead and torn his Achilles. Age not on his side though, career over.

Gotta feel for him, not a nice injury for anyone to do.

Really screws LAL too, as if he misses all of next season, he's still getting paid 30 million for the year. That's a lot of their salary cap for no production. (Although i doubt anyone but LAL fans would feel for the team :p)

Strange parallels between the two games.
Both games very close at half time.
In both games one team kicks 11 goals to their opponents 1 in the third quarter.

I should have my tipping licence revoked for tipping the Kangas in a footy match :( Thought it was an opportunity to peg one back, whoops!

I hear you, made the same stupid mistake..:(

Gotta feel for him, not a nice injury for anyone to do.

Really screws LAL too, as if he misses all of next season, he's still getting paid 30 million for the year. That's a lot of their salary cap for no production. (Although i doubt anyone but LAL fans would feel for the team :p)
Found this on the net "Only two-thirds of National Football League players ever come back, and those who do find their performance significantly affected."
Got to admire Roughead coming back from the injury. Played very well last season excluding finals.

Kobe would be out next year, takes around 11+ months to return. As much as I dislike Kobe and the Lakers, this really sucks for them.

Found this on the net "Only two-thirds of National Football League players ever come back, and those who do find their performance significantly affected."
Got to admire Roughead coming back from the injury. Played very well last season excluding finals.

Kobe would be out next year, takes around 11+ months to return. As much as I dislike Kobe and the Lakers, this really sucks for them.

Wow, that's quite a scary stat. I wonder what the return rate is like in the NBA, or AFL. I always thought that it was a semi common injury in basketball, just because of the physical actions involved (jumping, changing direction on a hard floor, etc.). Hopefully Kobe can get back.

it's only the first quarter and carlton are showing exactly how you should play geelong, 35-50 meter kicks up the guts and 3 kicks later your lining up for a shot at goal, if only we decided to adopt this for longer than 15 minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know what I want to do to BT and his wowwee - switched it over to the lions and GC - far more interesting than that lot blowing smoke up the cats arse

Fox Footy investment pays off on nights like these.

WOWEEE!

The pressure coming out of Carlton's forward line is non existent - garlett and yarren absolute front runners

They were missing Waite and Betts. Two good quality forwards that would of helped tonight. They got Walker at half back rather then up forward where he's dangerous. This was a player who kicked 56 goals two years ago. They got their forward set up all wrong.

Wow, the Essendon board is getting VERY confident. Saying that the team they have is their best in over a decade.

Seems no one learned any lessons from last year.

An Adelaide team that barely got over Brisbane, Melbourne and Freo in a game where both sides were very poor for much of the game. It seems very similar to last year where Essendon snatched one decent victory (vs West Coast) amongst many wins against average opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back