No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot see 1 single reason why not.

Clutching at straws there.
I realise we play as many talls as that. Just interested to see how effective they all play together, or whether they opt to only play three of them

Does anyone else think that Tippet could be near detrimental to the swans?

They play their best footy coming out from the back with the players sucked up the ground in the press, creating a vacuum in the forwardline for their mids to run into. With Tippet now possibly clogging up that vacuum, will they be as effective even if Kurt hits his straps? What they did to Collingwood was brilliant by them and I'm just not sure whether they could have done it with Tippet up forward
I wish, but I doubt it.

If nothing else, they've got an extremely expensive back-up player for the 1st team. If he's detrimental then don't play him; or, drop someone else & don't play 2/3 of the same player.

Perhaps if they play him CHF etc & believe he's better than Player X (not my man Ellis) then they may lose the difference between him & whomever he replaced. I just can't see Longmire feeling pressured to play him at the detriment of the team if it clearly isn't working.

Tippett is one serious concussion away from career over.
Might almost be worth sending someone out on a seek or destroy mission......take the 3 week ban for high contact. But then again, that might help the swans to reverse the mistake of recruiting Tippett. Maybe hook him up with Buddy in the Sydney social scene and get him in so much poo that they have to him, but have to count his million dollar salary against the TPP for the next 4 years.

Anyone else adopted Port as their "fun team to root for when the Hawks aren't playing?" I've been on them since the preseason and they're a really enjoyable team to watch with a great mix of grizzled veterans (Cornes!) and up-and-coming offensive stars (Boak, Wingard, Westhoff, etc.). I think AFL is best when the top eight are a mix of Victorian and Interstate sides so it's really nice to see them become relevant again, especially given the Crows and Eagles woes.

Tippett is one serious concussion away from career over.

Totally agree. It would probably be for his own longterm good. Could not believe how poorly the Crows managed him last season. Allowing him to keep playing after three concussions in one season is borderline criminal, imo. You'd have to think that AFL HQ was not happy with that given their obvious fears of the NFL-style barrage of lawsuits that has to be coming in the near future.

Anyone else adopted Port as their "fun team to root for when the Hawks aren't playing?" I've been on them since the preseason and they're a really enjoyable team to watch with a great mix of grizzled veterans (Cornes!) and up-and-coming offensive stars (Boak, Wingard, Westhoff, etc.). I think AFL is best when the top eight are a mix of Victorian and Interstate sides so it's really nice to see them become relevant again, especially given the Crows and Eagles woes.

They do have some good young players like Wines, Wingard, O'Shea, Broadbent to name a few. They are about another 1-2 years away from playing finals footy though. But they've been very competitive this year under new Coach Ken Hinkley.

Does anyone else think that Tippet could be near detrimental to the swans?

No, quite the opposite. He could win them the flag.

My quibble over Tippett is that it he is extremely well paid for his modest historic production.

The Swans, however, don't need him to be much more that the 40-50 goal a season forward history says he is.

No, quite the opposite. He could win them the flag.

My quibble over Tippett is that it he is extremely well paid for his modest historic production.

The Swans, however, don't need him to be much more that the 40-50 goal a season forward history says he is.

Do you think perhaps that he could have the old "Buddy effect" on the Swans though?

Sending them from a team that usually has a large spread of goal kickers made up of a lot of midfielders to a team that too often tries to hit up their "star" forward when he's not in the best position or being too well defended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think perhaps that he could have the old "Buddy effect" on the Swans though?

Sending them from a team that usually has a large spread of goal kickers made up of a lot of midfielders to a team that too often tries to hit up their "star" forward when he's not in the best position or being too well defended.

He's going to spread opposition defenses a little thinner, kick his 2 a game and provide another option. He's likely better than Reid, who has been really poor this year and he is definitely a better option than Mike Pyke, purple patch notwithstanding.

He's going to spread opposition defenses a little thinner, kick his 2 a game and provide another option. He's likely better than Reid, who has been really poor this year and he is definitely a better option than Mike Pyke, purple patch notwithstanding.

All valid points but it still doesn't discount the possibility that he could result in an inordinate amount of inside 50's being directed his way at the expense of better options. It'll take quite a few rounds before we get an idea of whether or not this will be the case.

All is fun and games until they beat us.....

All is fun and games until they beat us.....

And they did that often and mercilessly for a long time. I'm happy enough to see Port lose consistently. Was delighted when we ripped them apart at the G the other year after all the drubbings they had handed us.

This game is like watching a scrum in rugby.. 6 mins to go in the 1st qrt,and not ONE goal..pathetic to watch,would rather watch soccer or rugby,than this crap today..Terribe football to watch..

Paul Roos has a lot to answer for.

Scrums of 30 players, very few goals scored, boring, grubby "football"

Why bother to watch?

I hope buddy didn't replace his tv after watching reiwoldt yesterday because he would be throwing the remote again after the free Hawkins just got.

As for HTB, Joel has it all wrapped up for getting a good ride with the umps

The super moon is up and the lunatics come out to play. Just once, just once I would like to see Geelong forced to play on a level playing field. 25 will always beat 22 and especially when 3 of those 25 have a whistle.

Why is it so? Because it has always been so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back