No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

And footy too - Drew Morphett, Tim Lane, Whately (weirdly was way better when he was at the ABC). They've always had good commentators. I do think the ABC isn't what it used to be, but it's still better than the alternatives imo.
I might be off here in my assumption, but did you find whately better at ABC because he wasn’t big?

I used to like Commeti until he became a parody of himself, years ago I didn’t mind BT but now his commentary and persona feels like a manipulated shtick.

I don’t think it’s tall poppy syndrome but it feels the more someone seems to be pushed down your throat, the less they are liked.

I might be off here in my assumption, but did you find whately better at ABC because he wasn’t big?

I used to like Commeti until he became a parody of himself, years ago I didn’t mind BT but now his commentary and persona feels like a manipulated shtick.

I don’t think it’s tall poppy syndrome but it feels the more someone seems to be pushed down your throat, the less they are liked.
'Big' as in media profile? Possibly something to do with it, or as someone else said that he didn't have to do ads every 5 mins. But I think there's more to it than both of those things. Seems to me that his commentary has been compromised by commercial concerns - maybe the need to over-dramatise events? To get that 10-second sound bite perhaps? Not sure, but he's definitely off - reckon he was just about the best in the business before he switched.

Hi all, the wife and I want to come down to the MCG for round 21 when we play the Pies.
How can I get 2 tickets for this?
It looks like reserve tickets go on sale 16 July but for general admission it already shows on Ticketek that the allocation is exhausted?
Is this correct?
Is there any other way of us getting tickets before we book flights and accommodation??
Any help would be very appreciated blue baggers.
Thanks in advance
Peter
Screenshot_2024-07-03-14-29-22-52_d3b1b7a3fba2476073fda29c3942b0aa.jpg

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

No chance, unless you know an MCC member who gets a ticket for you really quick when sales open in the next couple of weeks
Every single seat is sold outside of the MCC

Just for clarity, that’s what I’m praying on to as I don’t have a ticket yet!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No chance, unless you know an MCC member who gets a ticket for you really quick when sales open in the next couple of weeks
Every single seat is sold outside of the MCC

Just for clarity, that’s what I’m praying on to as I don’t have a ticket yet!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Thanks for that, what a shame as we are keen to spend a thousand or so on one night but it's not to be...
Sucks big time

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back