No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

He was our best and most senior midfielder in the worst midfield in the competition last year, he's no loss to us in any sense. He's the same high poession high clearance and poor kick he's always been. He's the same type of player like Crouch who can;t get a game for Adelaide, just maybe there's a connection there.

Nuffy take

It all comes down to whether you believe Mitchell's style of play excluded the likes of Worpel, and made our midfield less effective as a result.

Or, whether the midfield players and coaches failed to adapt to Mitchell's strengths and build our core around his style.

Whatever your take, there was simply no way we could continue with him in the midfield knowing he couldn't contribute to the next flag tilt.

I agree, as I said it was the right move to make. Hopefully both parties win.

I just don't agree with some of the laughable takes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was our best and most senior midfielder in the worst midfield in the competition last year, he's no loss to us in any sense. He's the same high poession high clearance and poor kick he's always been. He's the same type of player like Crouch who can;t get a game for Adelaide, just maybe there's a connection there.
I mean Tom has just played two excellent games in a row and just today absolutely smashed Ollie Wines (a Brownlow Medalist) and your hot take is that he shouldn't be getting a game?

That kind of statement is exactly what I am talking about.

I agree, as I said it was the right move to make. Hopefully both parties win.

I just don't agree with some of the laughable takes.
I actually was kind of relieved when Tom made the move to the Pies.

Because the hate he was getting from some sections of this forum was bordering on the fanatical.

And I thought to myself "mmm, Tom is going to go to the Pies and if I know the kind of ultra professional athlete he is I reckon he is going to absolutely slay it for the Pies".

And then I thought to myself "and then I can post a few subtle reminders of how good he is going at the Pies and watch all of the Mitchell haters try and justify their bizarre hatred in the face of cold, hard data"

Wont that be fun I thought. And yes, yes it has been!

I mean Tom has just played two excellent games in a row and just today absolutely smashed Ollie Wines (a Brownlow Medalist) and your hot take is that he shouldn't be getting a game?

That kind of statement is exactly what I am talking about.
Where did I say he shouldn't get a game? Dont make shit up.

I said Mitchell isn't in Collingwood top handful of mids which helps cover for his in ability to kick which wasn't the case at hawthorn. He's a limited footballer that got exposed being the main outlet through the midfield but sure act likes he's a super star.

Where did I say he shouldn't get a game? Dont make s**t up.

I said Mitchell isn't in Collingwood top handful of mids which helps cover for his in ability to kick which wasn't the case at hawthorn. He's a limited footballer that got exposed being the main outlet through the midfield but sure act likes he's a super star.

Lol.

If a Brownlow Medalist and 3x Crimmins is simply a limited footballer.

Man the hate on this guys next level.

He's had a great start as a pie, good on him.

Last edited:
They should be theyre 2-3 years further into a rebuild and just topped up with 3-4 mature age recruits.

Yet people are acting shocked. * ME DEAD.

Correct. North bottomed out a while ago now - although it's been prolonged a bit due to the JHF rubbish.

They also picked up a number of experienced recruits over the summer in Shiels & Logue, so steels their side well.

They will be a good side with Clarko at the helm - they've got all the key positions there, just need quality around it now & games into the legs. Clarko if anything, knows how to create a good team defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back