No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely doesn’t look pretty. But can’t deny its effectiveness.

He just never quite learnt how to also attack plus had issues developing the young players on his list
Mate i am a proponent of defense first football have been for a while now. Because it teaches discipline and definitely gives the players focus. Attacking football is great to watch and is very effective if you can defend well. but you can already see that St Kilda and Nth look 10 times better then they were. St kilda missing so many players as well. Having great defensive structures helps u win games. You are organised and you are focussed as a team to defend. It can be a spring board to attack in the modern game on turn over. I think we needed to move on from Clarkson as his time at hawthorn was over but anyone thinking that his time was over might have been pre mature. His strutures hold up in any game

Mate i am a proponent of defense first football have been for a while now. Because it teaches discipline and definitely gives the players focus. Attacking football is great to watch and is very effective if you can defend well. but you can already see that St Kilda and Nth look 10 times better then they were. St kilda missing so many players as well. Having great defensive structures helps u win games. You are organised and you are focussed as a team to defend. It can be a spring board to attack in the modern game on turn over. I think we needed to move on from Clarkson as his time at hawthorn was over but anyone thinking that his time was over might have been pre mature. His strutures hold up in any game
Clarkson could win a flag at North this year and it wouldn't change his time was over at Hawthorn.

Almost every poster on this board had North below us on their ladder predictions.

They should be ahead but I get why posters would be surprised.
Similar to Collingwood’s success under McRae. It’s been reinvented by the usual nuffy brigade as “he inherited a great list.” Funnily none of them actually said this prior to the 2022 season. Same lot now claiming the North side that kept winning spoons and they predicated for more are actually a great list.

Good coaching is good coaching

Also what if someone dumps a player after they kick the ball into forward 50 on the siren when their kick is in the air, do they pay it down field or from where the ball was when the siren sounded?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the rule here?

Does the umpire need to call the free before the siren? Or is it just that the ball needs to cross before the siren?

Because it was definitely deliberate and seemed to cross the line before the siren

Yeah it seemed to cross before the siren, but if can you award a dribble kick goal after the siren then the rule must allow to call deliberate in that instance too.

AFL will need to comment. No idea how they can say anything but an error. That could cost Freo finals come seasons end. Really poor.

Flip side, that might be the reason we land Reid lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back