No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle list management has been pretty terrible for my liking, a lot to play out yet but you don’t give up a player like Blake acres coming into his prime for a third round pick and 100k less than he wanted, when you only have these little blokes like Liam Henry and James Aish playing on the wing who can’t defend or lay a tackle or take a defensive mark to save their lives
Moving the earth for Jackson, losing Lobb, Logue, Acres, Meek plus Pick 13 and this years first. Is pretty questionable

Yeah it seemed to cross before the siren, but if can you award a dribble kick goal after the siren then the rule must allow to call deliberate in that instance too.

AFL will need to comment. No idea how they can say anything but an error. That could cost Freo finals come seasons end. Really poor.

Flip side, that might be the reason we land Reid lol.
The kick stands until it’s out of play. As long as it’s out after the siren there’s no time left to take the kick. Same as if you mark it after the siren. The ball was still live at that point. But instantly becomes game over.

Who isn't getting a game in the worst midfield in the comp.

It was a bad trade. But far from our only one in recent years. Mitchell looks like providing very good value to Collingwood.
We're two games into a season, and the VFL has only just started today. How can it be a bad trade? Wake up, mate. Also, while we may have one of the lesser midfields in the competition at the moment, most of our young midfielders will hopefully grow into stars and lead us back to premiership glory. So while on the surface it may seem easy for Stephens to get a game, it won't be.

Good point.

But I think that's flawed. If you can be awarded a dribble goal after the siren, you should also be penalised a shot on goal if the action was before the siren. Deliberate or on the full.
Well that requires a rule change. As it stands, deliberate or on the full cannot be called until the boundary umpire calls it out of bounds, and out of bounds can’t be called after the siren has gone.

Might be further knock ons. The real anomaly is that you can score outside of the siren which is a great quirk to our game.

Mate i am a proponent of defense first football have been for a while now. Because it teaches discipline and definitely gives the players focus. Attacking football is great to watch and is very effective if you can defend well. but you can already see that St Kilda and Nth look 10 times better then they were. St kilda missing so many players as well. Having great defensive structures helps u win games. You are organised and you are focussed as a team to defend. It can be a spring board to attack in the modern game on turn over. I think we needed to move on from Clarkson as his time at hawthorn was over but anyone thinking that his time was over might have been pre mature. His strutures hold up in any game
Adds in to why what Sam is doing is fascinating really .
Its the opposite to what pretty much all team sports will do in a rebuild .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adds in to why what Sam is doing is fascinating really .
It’s the opposite to what pretty much all team sports will do in a rebuild .
Given how risk averse coaches generally are, he will prove to be a genius or a sad failure who indulged a fantasy. Don’t see it ending somewhere in the middle of the road!

Given how risk averse coaches generally are, he will prove to be a genius or a sad failure who indulged a fantasy. Don’t see it ending somewhere in the middle of the road!
In finance terms Sam is definetly not seeking to track the index.

Gotta admire his cahonies non matter how it turns out in the end TBH

I find it so hard to get a read on them. They seem to have drafted well, have been kissed on the d with father sons & nga players, Bevo has been their most successful coach of all time, but they're underachieving.
They are the biggest underachievers and there should be scrutiny on Bevo. This list is better than the one they had that won a flag. He won a flag with an average side due to an extraordinary run of momentum, emotion and luck. That was the least talented premiership side i have seen and Bevo does deserve credit for that. But he’s getting poor performance from a talented list now. That premiership has probably bought him a life pass at that club though

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back