No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

You obviously didnt because i already mentioned that clarko's time at the hawks was at an end. But anyone blowing him off as a spent force might have been premature and or wishful thinking
Yes exactly and I was reaffirming that point by saying even if Clarkson wins a flag we made the correct call. Same goes if Mitchell is the next Lade

Yes exactly and I was reaffirming that point by saying even if Clarkson wins a flag we made the correct call. Same goes if Mitchell is the next Lade
That has nothing to do with what i said mate its general afl other clubs thread. I am not referring to sam in this thread about other clubs or have i?

The Hawks exist to win premierships, that’s the minimum standard for judging a Hawthorn coach

Nothing else matters.

That has nothing to do with what i said mate its general afl other clubs thread. I am not referring to sam in this thread about other clubs or have i?

He's agreeing with you, but making a further point that regardless of how Mitchell goes it was still the right time to move on from Clarko.

Yeah it seemed to cross before the siren, but if can you award a dribble kick goal after the siren then the rule must allow to call deliberate in that instance too.
AFL will need to comment. No idea how they can say anything but an error. That could cost Freo finals come seasons end. Really poor.

Flip side, that might be the reason we land Reid lol.
I think it works the same way when you kick it on the full. The ball needs to cross over and if the siren goes, then if it hasn’t crossed, no free. We’ve seen it happen with kicks on the full before.

The question is more about whether the siren went or not.

Mate i am a proponent of defense first football have been for a while now. Because it teaches discipline and definitely gives the players focus. Attacking football is great to watch and is very effective if you can defend well. but you can already see that St Kilda and Nth look 10 times better then they were. St kilda missing so many players as well. Having great defensive structures helps u win games. You are organised and you are focussed as a team to defend. It can be a spring board to attack in the modern game on turn over. I think we needed to move on from Clarkson as his time at hawthorn was over but anyone thinking that his time was over might have been pre mature. His strutures hold up in any game
Defence is one of those things every team should really do well. They only thing it takes to apply defensive pressure if intent and willpower. Every time you don’t have the ball you should be doing everything to win it back.

Where it can let teams down though is when they have the ball but are still in defence first mode. Teams just won’t let you score if you do that.

We saw that in our teams post 2016, Ross Lyon teams and even Geelong.

They played their best footy taking the game on with the ball but defending super hard without it.

Mitchell definitely teaching us to attack but we still have a long way to go both offensively and defensively.

classy response from Longmuire - he’s no Chris Scott that’s for sure

“I trust the umpires got it right”
“Think we would of pinched it had we got up” - ad-lib

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it works the same way when you kick it on the full. The ball needs to cross over and if the siren goes, then if it hasn’t crossed, no free. We’ve seen it happen with kicks on the full before.

If this is true then it just shows how messed up and inconsistent the rules are!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good point.

But I think that's flawed. If you can be awarded a dribble goal after the siren, you should also be penalised a shot on goal if the action was before the siren. Deliberate or on the full.

Fremantle list management has been pretty terrible for my liking, a lot to play out yet but you don’t give up a player like Blake acres coming into his prime for a third round pick and 100k less than he wanted, when you only have these little blokes like Liam Henry and James Aish playing on the wing who can’t defend or lay a tackle or take a defensive mark to save their lives

Fremantle list management has been pretty terrible for my liking, a lot to play out yet but you don’t give up a player like Blake acres coming into his prime for a third round pick and 100k less than he wanted, when you only have these little blokes like Liam Henry and James Aish playing on the wing who can’t defend or lay a tackle or take a defensive mark to save their lives

They lost a lot of talent this offseason

They probably have the worst forward line in the comp.

Overachieved last year.

They probably have the worst forward line in the comp.

Overachieved last year.
With 11+ home games & cheat umpires, they'll always be a shot for finals.

Seasons missing finals are massive failures.

Bevo has to be in strife this year if these performances continue
Even more reason to want us to win tomorrow, really heap the pressure on the dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back