News General gaming stuff, random news etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Does this leave Big Ant as the only console game developers in the country?
There's still a couple of others around. Wicked Witch for one.

Very disappointing to hear about 2K Canberra though and the handling there.

Wicked witch is the only one off the top of my head because of AFL live 2 with the rest being mobile developers. It is the end of our AAA devs though. I assumed when places like THQ Aus, Krome etc shut down was because of the AUD vs USD and it just was no longer cost effective for US companies to hold on to Aussie studios, but that is not the case now. The worst part is it is not like all the 2k staff can just go join another company. So hopefully they can land something good overseas or someone picks up one of our remaining middle weight developers and gives them a chop out.

Last edited:
Is the guy that use to run Team Bondi still based here? Last I heard he's making a game called Whore of the Orient.

On 30 August 2012, the former Team Bondi staff officially confirmed they are developing Whore of the Orient that is to be released on next-gen consoles and PC. In April 2013, it was reported that the title was still seeking backing and a publisher. It reportedly ceased production on the game in April, but received $200,000 from an Australian investor in June to continue development. On 2 August 2013, the first Whore of the Orient gameplay video leaked onto the web.

Haven't heard much since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PS4 and X1 Logitech wheels incoming

Following several leaks, Logitech has confirmed the existence of the G29 steering wheel, the successor to its successful line of peripherals that took in the G25 and G27 - and it's also revealed the G920, the Xbox One equivalent that's launching in October this year.

The G29 is an evolution of the G27, and it'll be compatible with PS4, PS3 and PC. It'll feature dual-motor force feedback with anti-backlash helical gearing (I won't pretend to understand what the latter part means), a leather-wrapped rim complete with gear shift indicator LED lights and a stainless steel three pedal set-up.
The G29 starts shipping in July. Both units will cost £299.99 - a significant price point, but one that puts it in line with Thrustmaster's top-end console wheels. Like them, both the G29 and G920 will have a separate stick shifters should you want to go beyond the paddle shifts on the main unit.

KFUteR8.jpg

66ImQns.jpg

Looks nice but the price, especially when you have to buy the stick shifter separate, has me hoping they make their PS3 wheels compatible with PS4.

So, anyone who's been following Totalbiscuit for while would be aware of his battle with bowel cancer he was just informed that while the cancer is gone from his bowel, spots have now appeared on his liver. It's inoperable, and there is no cure. Prognosis is 2-3 years.

Well, I don't know if there is really a right way to tell people this, so I guess here goes. The CT did not come back negative. The cancer in the bowel is gone, but spots have appeared in my liver. They're not operable and there's no cure. Average life expectancy is 2-3 years, though there are outliers that live much longer. I'll be back on chemo in a few weeks, with the goal of pushing it back and keeping it there for as long as possible. I fully intend to be the outlier, the average is this way because most people that get this are old and not strong anymore. Who knows what they'll come up with in the next decade? I intend to beat it for as long as possible. Gonna need some time to process all of this. I don't really feel anything right now. Thanks.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snlj3r

Damn that sucks.

Really enjoy his opinions on gaming.

I reckon he may just stop youtube altogether, you'd think so anyway which is totally understandable

Remove this Banner Ad

News General gaming stuff, random news etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back