General Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

The asking price changed, on the last day - as soon as we actually looked like getting it done.
That was the issue, that was why AFL mediation was brought in.

Gold Coast did say they were willing to deal with it sensitively as it was a trade on compassionate grounds.
Clearly that didn't happen.
'Karma' remains to be seen. He certainly doesn't appear to be staying, so I wouldn't be counting your chickens just yet.

We will have to agree to disagree, I quoted two sources that are on the record confirming this is not the case, where are your sources?

yes, sensitive and compassionate not take whatever is offered.

He certainly doesn't appear to be staying Another fact is this?

As for the chickens surely Caddy isn't worth a whole chicken, perhaps your mob will offer a egg

We will have to agree to disagree, I quoted two sources that are on the record confirming this is not the case, where are your sources?

yes, sensitive and compassionate not take whatever is offered.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/archive...al-on-josh-caddy/story-fn69a32t-1226168942539
Essendon chief executive Ian Robson said he was frustrated a deal could not get done.
"We're really disappointed. I am not going to go into the specifics of (the offer) but it became clear today that the only thing that was going to get it done today was a top-10 pick," Robson said.
"Perhaps if we had known that a week ago we might have been in a position to go out and attract that."
1st hand source, in black and white, and never been refuted either by GC or the AFL, in any of the 2 or 3 articles on it (including the one based on Ashcroft's SEN interview - same quote from Robson, in fact) -
The asking price changed, on the last day.

And you really have to stop taking it so personally, when people correct you on things that you've quite clearly got wrong. And I'm sure it's not the first time I've made basically the same post.

He certainly doesn't appear to be staying Another fact is this?
Have I ever claimed it was fact? No? Rightio - apology accepted.

It's almost September, contract offered but not signed, other clubs circling - spells 'gone' to me.

The amount of hype, frothing of the mouth, discussion etc generated in relation to Caddy by fellow Essendon supporters is remarkable really. Especially when you consider how obvious it is that we aren't going to get him.

I don't get it TBH.

It appears I'm the only non-Essendon fan on the planet who rates Carlisle highly and would think Essendon should mark him as a keeper and not a potential trade.

Saw a bit of him last year in a couple of Bengido games and have been a big fan since. 250 game player.

If it's not Caddy, then it needs to be another midfielder for Essendon. That's the clear need.

Once other midfielders start being mentioned, expect Essendon to be linked with them too.

Presumably for effing Cale Hooker.

The amount of hype, frothing of the mouth, discussion etc generated in relation to Caddy by fellow Essendon supporters is remarkable really. Especially when you consider how obvious it is that we aren't going to get him.

I don't get it TBH.
I don't think we're very much chance, either - just can't cop bullshit going un-challenged.

Anyone settle for Caddy for Melksham and second round pick?

There is a major problem with "your" Trade !!

Gold coast wont go that deep in the draft, so you will need to get a pick under 15 :D

Wat u mean? No one else has used that trade

Pure bile.

We will see whether GC have achieved their aim - keeping Josh - in about another month.

Maybe, I do have a burning dislike for your mob

As for Josh, if he goes thats OK, I have never wanted him to stay if he doesn't want to. all I want is a fair trade in return, a GUN for a GUN not a GUN for a bow (Hooker) and arrow (Pears)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

quote="Keystone agony, post: 25420957, member: 123692"]I dont think we can get Caddy and i think he will resign with GC. Id prefer we target Savage/Wellingham depending on worth. Will be interesting to see if Savage gets picked through the finals as a best 21.[/quote]

Very unlikely atm I would have thought. I'd say only Rioli will get into the team that won on the weekend. I'd say the player that goes out will either be Young, Ellis or Puopolo

As if melksham would go to GC...

I'd eat Andrew Walker's hat if the bombers were able to satisfy GC's demands. And obviously picking him up in the draft is impossible.

The only hope is to trade someone to somewhere they want to go. Then trade that pick to GC.

On Herald sun they had a trade guide and on the chat the winter said Pears could get the job done

Rubbish, the deal was ALWAYS a top 10 pick this was confirmed by Caddys manager and Marcus Ashcroft , both on SEN after trade week last year. what you offered was a crap pick for a gun and then through in a player later, neither of which meets the original asking price of a top 10 pick. You have been reading to much of your own boards propoganda.

You thought we would roll over, we didn't and now your position is infinitely weaker as other Vic teams enter the running. Karma
Potential gun you mean, he ain't that yet

Since I don't really want to sift through 60 pages of Caddy nonsense, can anyone fill me in super quick what the deal is with Stevens from WCE and Lucas from Carlton?

What sort of midfielders are they? Will they be available? Or untouchables?

I thought that all players without a 'NAME' were duds.

Lucas is an outside player, decent skills and decision making. Would be a ready made replacement for Scotland if/when he retires, and is contracted for next year. Has some Hammy issues, thus why he has had problems with breaking into the side

Would you agree that decision-making is an issue for Lucas ?

His kicking per-se is solid.

We seriously need a dedicated thread for Caddy to Essendon so that other potential trade's can be discussed in this, "General Trade Talk" the thread.

BTW, do we even know that Caddy is only interested in going to Essendon? Bombers are unlikely to get it done - not saying they can't or won't, but they're up against it to get something together to satisfy the Suns. If Caddy is really keen to get home, there are a number of other options to make that happen, so, we can leave it that, or we can spend another few pages of posts going round in circles....

Remove this Banner Ad

General Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back